Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to Fortunately (why did I do it to myself??)
I think she came across ok. Was desperate for more of a probe on the "tweakments" too. And did laugh when Jane Garvey thought she might know about how whales are attracted to each other. Don't think Sali laughed though. Not sure she laughed at all.

She does talk with confidence though, especially when quoting herself. Lolz.

At the start she said something like - yes I've got two teenagers - then few minutes later said one was 12, almost 13. I know, I really know that this isn't a deadly sin but it's a microexample of exaggeration and a white lie that just rolled off her tongue.

Moving on, I'm totally fed up of the Salis (and Fis and Janes) of the world going on about how we all have so much free time now. The kind of free time where you can go and drink champagne in the garden at 3pm cause you've had a stressful day. I don't begrudge Sali being stressed by the way, everyone is stressed albeit for hugely varying reasons. I just hate the assumption that we all have time to read, or not read, books all the time.

My partner and I have a toddler and are both working from home. We literally don't have a spare minute in the day (except right now, I'm making a cup of tea while partner is with child). Our day is far busier than it was before. I'm extremely grateful that it is btw, we're so so lucky and privilidged to be able to work from home and keep our family safe.

And I can easily say that I'd rather not have the "free" time because it would mean that I was furloughed, laid off, ill or.... an influencer. Which is worse?

That's my rant for today. Hope you are all well, especially you @AmberSpyglass . Love to your dad.
Aah, that’s very kind of you to think of him 🥰🥰 , things are on the up and improving I’m happy to report . Just need to surgically remove his arse from his Park Lounger and get him moving .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Good to hear your update @AmberSpyglass !

Completely off topic, but am with you all on the nightmare of continuing to work from home whilst home schooling. I feel terrible even complaining about it, as so many people are in an awful situation — in fact lectured my selfish ungrateful children about just how lucky we were only 2 days ago. But I’ve literally just had to shout at a child during a conference call I was chairing. They’re forever walking into the kitchen and turning on taps/asking for food/making noise/ not doing their own work, all the while making ME look like an unprofessional wanker, which obviously as a part time working mother is exactly the image I’ve been carefully cultivating since return from maternity leave. And there opens a whole other rant on bias in the workplace....

I’d love to be able to spend This lockdown time polishing up my European Languages, reading classic and contemporary fiction, learning to paint, starting yoga, spending lots of enriching time with my children, making sourdough, painting the bathroom, improving my sewing, etc.etc. But selfishly I’ve got to pay the mortgage on a public sector salary, and keep my children from falling off tit they shouldn’t have climbed on while I was on a call...

Anyway, back to the All-Seeing Eye...(she doesn’t read here you know, she just knows things ....)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Good to hear your update @AmberSpyglass !

Completely off topic, but am with you all on the nightmare of continuing to work from home whilst home schooling. I feel terrible even complaining about it, as so many people are in an awful situation — in fact lectured my selfish ungrateful children about just how lucky we were only 2 days ago. But I’ve literally just had to shout at a child during a conference call I was chairing. They’re forever walking into the kitchen and turning on taps/asking for food/making noise/ not doing their own work, all the while making ME look like an unprofessional wanker, which obviously as a part time working mother is exactly the image I’ve been carefully cultivating since return from maternity leave. And there opens a whole other rant on bias in the workplace....

I’d love to be able to spend This lockdown time polishing up my European Languages, reading classic and contemporary fiction, learning to paint, starting yoga, spending lots of enriching time with my children, making sourdough, painting the bathroom, improving my sewing, etc.etc. But selfishly I’ve got to pay the mortgage on a public sector salary, and keep my children from falling off tit they shouldn’t have climbed on while I was on a call...

Anyway, back to the All-Seeing Eye...(she doesn’t read here you know, she just knows things ....)

With you re the kids. Had to have a chat to my daughter about how we’re in a time of crisis and just cause YouTube’s are getting loads of tit, it doesn’t mean she has too. I’ve banned YouTube for a week. Also made her a chart to tick off the chores. We’re lucky as she has full online school. But it’s deffo getting explosive in our house.

Reactions: 3
Final uni student and a GCSEer. Not the best but I think it will work out okay. On a conference call and the GCSEer burnt her toast so smoke alarm went off. Oh, how we laughed :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
bleeping youtube. bleeping minecraft. bleeping Mario. I swear, I make them do the stuff the school sends home then they won't play outside, they won't do anything except screen-related stuff or if I put my foot down and tell them to make their own fun, they are screaming at 100db and attempting to murder each other within 5 minutes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
All very relatable re the kids and school work. 🙄

My 6 year old is in Year 2 and one of the younger ones, she’s a complete keeno and just loves getting her stationary out and getting on with her work. My 10 year old is the opposite, he’s bright, very able and competent but really bleeping lazy at times and it can be a real battle. Give him some Lego Architecture, Minecraft and his skateboard and he’s extremely motivated. A great combination to manage I can tell you.

On another note, I’ve been influenced to buy the new Giorgio Armani Neo Nude foundation after seeing Cher Webb use it earlier.

John Lewis have 10% off and I resisted the EL futurist a couple of months ago ( I had a couple of samples which scratched that particular itch). Will report back.

I listened to Fi and Jane at the weekend... I totally think Fi got sidetracked by a question / anecdote from Jane (or it might have been Sali talking about her earlobes). She got off pretty lightly on that front.

New IGTV up on "cheerer uppers"
Couldn't even be bothered to watch it
Took one for the team, here you go😉

£30 temporary hair colourant.
Body Shop Hemp hand cream .
£70 UGG slippers which make her feel more smart and with it ; especially for those zoom calls 🙄.
Beauty Pie ( of course) cleanser .
Nail adornments for when she looks down and wants to see something interesting on her nails.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It came across quite stilted and needy and so very full-time influencer. Videos are not her forte.

Reactions: 10
I skimmed through, had to laugh at her holding up the slipper and saying how it was fake fur... erm, more like sheepskin upper, sheepskin inner and rubber sole.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Does absolutely everything on Sali have dandruff? I have noticed this in every video she posts.

Reactions: 1
Does absolutely everything on Sali have dandruff? I have noticed this in every video she posts.
She's mentioned she has ichthyosis in the past, might be related to that and something outwith her control.

Reactions: 1
Haven't watched it but the videos I have watched, she is not a natural at all
It is strange how some people just 'have it' and others don't. I would be bloody awful I know that. Deceptively hard. I think you have to be very confident and not at all self conscious to put your viewers immediately at ease.

It is strange how some people just 'have it' and others don't. I would be bloody awful I know that. Deceptively hard. I think you have to be very confident and not at all self conscious to put your viewers immediately at ease.
Yeah I'd be rubbish at it! The problem is a lot of people with a public following and an IG account think they can do it.

• Haha
It was incredibly needy: “How can I remain relevant and keep you guys watching??? Pleeeease tell me!”
And those bloody slippers! If she didn’t have a commercial relationship with Ugg before then she’s certainly earnt one now.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I watched it but turned it off. Those slippers are fugly. She refers to Ugg boots as "I'm a 4 in an Ugg boot". WTF is her obsession with referring to items singularly? Also, there was a passive aggressive moment where she is talking about the beauty pie affiliate code and she says "if you don't want to use an affiliate, that's fine, just open up a new Google page" or something along those lines but it is so passive aggressive

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.