Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello skidders, long time no speak. I have followed this thread as much as I could during this seismic time we are all live in. Trying to not put a blame where it’s not needed or necessary, I am still very much wondering why BB changed their line of priorities. Surely in the current situation where lots of people’s lives have been massively affected not only from the fear of getting infected, but loss of jobs and income. There are more people then ever in this country living in poverty and having to rely on benefits and food banks for survival! BB, if anything, should be bang on in their element to stick to their original mission to support those in danger of hygiene poverty.

As someone who works for the NHS, I find the fetishising of what’s effectively a stretched to the max healthcare resulting from years and years of gov cuts and neglect, kind of insulting. Front line staff need proper PPE, good level of support at work to allow them to do their jobs in the safest possible way. Not hand creams or else ‘treats’. When you try to balance the new demands of your job with your and your family’s physical safety, believe me, a hand cream (nice as it is) is not a priority. Also at least I have a job that allows me to afford the bleeping hand cream.

I am also taken aback by the SH’s referrals to serious mental health issues. It is just so inflammatory and unnecessary in the current anxious climate we live in. I would urge anyone to get the support they need if their mental health is this negatively affected. Stay safe, everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Hang on, I thought we were meant to be leaving supermarket delivery slots to those who are shielding or over 70? As they simply can’t meet everyone’s needs. SH is getting multiple deliveries and bragging about her crisp consumption.

7BCED6C0-1E30-46C1-9FF6-68627305D242.jpeg

4033FC99-8578-4CDD-ACF6-E94FDACB21BC.jpeg

May be her household has to shield.

Reactions: 5
I agree her response is disproportionate, with the suicide threats and lives being destroyed stuff. It's a fact of life that whatever you do, some people won't like it. And if you are attractive and/or are privileged, some people will hate you on sight. But that's true for all of us. No one can control the world, and all anyone can do is surround themselves with people who like them and ignore the rest.

When I first came across tattle, my impression was that it was frustrated people letting off stream. Some like to go for a run, some like to smash china, some like to witch on the internet and return to their normal lives a bit calmer. Sometimes a comment is petty bitchery, but I think people here are good at steering clear of that (I've been told off for a mean comment, which was completely right. My ego hasn't collapsed).

Amongst the comments though, there is a lot of sensible critical engagement of the actions of these schillers. The relationship they have with their 'followers' pretends to be that of a big inclusive gang of friends with nods to feminist 'empowerment' but in reality is more like coercive control, only visible when you challenge it.

It's clear that someone is feeding SH with what we're saying, and for that I feel genuinely sorry for her because that is cruel. She would be far better off shutting that channel down, rather than attacking our right to free speech.

Reactions: 13
I know a couple of bloggers they just don’t read this place (neither have a thread but could happen they suppose). Perfectly aware of the site and the connection to their jobs - just let it get on with itself. Individuals on the forum not being @-ed is their take on it.

I honestly don't believe for a minute that Sali isn't checking this forum. She constantly makes a point of saying she isn't.

Remember the comment she made some time ago about how she was effectively banned by her family from speaking about Tattle? That's why it doesn't ring true that someone is reading and sending her the "top lines"

Reactions: 12
Anyone else think it's more likely that people could get depressed because they can't afford all the products and lifestyle that influencers shill. There was a forum member with a shopping addiction, for instance.

IMO that's what makes it necessary for sites like this to cut through the influencer BS. No you don't need to use 10 different serums, and have a different cleanser for each day of the week alternating with another one for night etc etc

But of course Sali, who always parrots on about nuance and the importance of not having "binary" thoughts doesn't see it like that. It's not that we're critically minded, we're simply beefy faced trolls *insert mental health slur*
I'm really grateful to this site for fully opening my eyes to the insidious influencer culture.

I honestly don't believe for a minute that Sali isn't checking this forum. She constantly makes a point of saying she isn't.

Remember the comment she made some time ago about how she was effectively banned by her family from speaking about Tattle? That's why it doesn't ring true that someone is reading and sending her the "top lines"
Definitely a case of thou doth protest too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Sali, give it a rest.

Discussing her sex life🙄, please.

Who mentioned maintenance shags in the first place , who put it in the public domain ,was it us?
Actually, hasn’t it mostly been about her column/social media presence/shilling/video she made about Tattle and the threats to have Eric Joyce come crashing through the cat flaps of a few of us? More so than the list she’s given, anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

Actually, hasn’t it mostly been about her column/social media presence/shilling/video she made about Tattle and the threats to have Eric Joyce come crashing through the cat flaps of a few of us? More so than the list she’s given, anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️
She has conveniently forgotten about her Twitter bullying, her pile on of Esther Coren and repeated flogging of products from certain brands she’s close to. The Friday Insta Hissy fit came after her good friend Charlotte Tilbury was accused of being a less than professional and kind Employer which Sali was getting dragged into, the video took attention from that.

She stalked accounts on other sites , no one here sent her horrible messages or bullied her yet she paints a picture of mental torture inflicted upon her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hilarious interaction on roast beef crisps over on Twitter with Sali being her usual defensive self.

Reactions: 2
I thought that the Independent's article about how staying inside is impacting our skin was quite good.
It acknowledges that there are far more important things to be concerned with right now, but that it is also ok to want to have healthy skin.

Reactions: 1
Sali, give it a rest.

Discussing her sex life🙄, please.

Who mentioned maintenance shags in the first place , who put it in the public domain ,was it us?
I suppose it is pointless to say again we didn't write about any of those things, how can we as we don't know Sali? But we did comment, have an opinion and speculate on what she chose to put in the public domain about those things. There is a difference. She wrote a whole piece about 'the maintenance shag' (her term not ours). I'm not even going to dignify the claim about her children.
It would be the same as if someone comments on Caitlin Moran's pubic hair, a topic she writes about frequently, and she could say 'they even wrote about my genitals'.

And yes the supermarket ordering is a bit wierd, I really thought they were meant to be saved for those that simply can't leave the house? And Sali can as she walks her dog. I've seen a lot of people on line talking about their online food orders when they seem perfectly able to do a shop (which is of course allowed). I suppose the companies should be a bit more stringent about allocating slots (I don't know how these things work tbh as never used them).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t agree about the supermarket deliveries. They already prioritise the vulnerable when allocating slots, so I don’t have an issue with anybody getting their groceries delivered. A lot of people in city centres don’t have a reasonably-sized supermarket near them, for one thing. Also, I think it’s understandable to be scared or wary of going into one even if you do.

Reactions: 4
I think it depends on the threads here, some are pretty vicious, but this one has been interesting and often informative / constructive as it’s been about influencer culture in general.

Reactions: 2
I don’t agree about the supermarket deliveries. They already prioritise the vulnerable when allocating slots, so I don’t have an issue with anybody getting their groceries delivered. A lot of people in city centres don’t have a reasonably-sized supermarket near them, for one thing. Also, I think it’s understandable to be scared or wary of going into one even if you do.
Good point. I've been in two minds about the ethics of deliveries generally tbh - but have ordered something from Amazon so 🤷‍♀️ . I didn't know they prioritised, so that is good.
I had a horrible experience in Asda yesterday (three women crowded so closely round me they were touching me) so avoiding is quite a desirable thing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.