Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Acetone available in any chemist's"

Just making an extra thing for chemists to deal with on a bank holiday weekend in a pandemic. Give some brand names or something so readers wont have to ask the exhausted pharmacist to find it for them. (Those working in Sali's beloved standalone chemists still haven't had any government guidelines. Some have sectioned off all non-essential products to reduce risk)
I guess you could order it online, rather than harrass an overworked, underpaid and overstressed pharmacist but yy it's hardly an essential.

Reactions: 2
Today’s piece is shite on a stick!! More patronising drivel from Hershesons, and how to do a basic manicure... 🤦🏻‍♀️ The Guardian lifestyle section have really given up.

Plus all that “I do beauty for myself” stuff is getting battered repeatedly:

8E68C9BC-A35F-414F-9B60-429ECF1AA735.jpeg

If I had an avocado, I would not be smearing half of it on my face, FFS!

Reactions: 7
Today’s piece is shite on a stick!! More patronising drivel from Hershesons, and how to do a basic manicure... 🤦🏻‍♀️ The Guardian lifestyle section have really given up.

View attachment 106991

Exactly this! People struggling to get food shops and she's recommending using food for beauty. Read the room Sali.

Reactions: 11
I can't believe she has recommended depilatory creams for the bikini line (she calls then epilation creams, but isn't epilation the process of removing the hair from the root? What would I know as a beefy faced non beauty expert though). It's a terrible, terrible idea to use those creams down there.
She's showing her age...before brazilians came in, women only removed hair that stuck out of a swimsuit. That meant hair removing cream was only used on thighs, or at the crease where your thighs met your undercarriage. That's what she's thinking back to, but the meaning of 'bikini line' has completely changed since then, as any beauty journalist should know.

Reactions: 4
She's showing her age...before brazilians came in, women only removed hair that stuck out of a swimsuit. That meant hair removing cream was only used on thighs, or at the crease where your thighs met your undercarriage. That's what she's thinking back to, but the meaning of 'bikini line' has completely changed since then, as any beauty journalist should know.
Yes exactly. Sali has been openly disapproving of Brazilian waxes, she said in Pretty Honest that they make things look bigger. Complete rubbish.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
There’s a definite pattern. If you have a tick, you get a civil reply. If you don’t, you get a “FFS, spoiler!”

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Up there with her reply yesterday to someone agreeing with her about something (not watching the government update every day) - 'I really don't love being told what to do tbh'.

View attachment 106991

That Hersheson's thing is unintentionally funny - admitting your hair 'very often looks better' if you just wash it and leave it. Rather hard to justify the no doubt exhorbitant prices they charge for a blow-dry then isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Talks about a show on social media and them complains when people reply discussing it. Sali, people are not psychic and how are they supposed to infer from your tweet that you are still watching it?

Yes exactly. Sali has been openly disapproving of Brazilian waxes, she said in Pretty Honest that they make things look bigger. Complete rubbish.
That should be thighs, not things! Still complete rubbish

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I am loving Caitlin Moran being hauled over the coals for breaking lockdown rules😁😁😁 , I’m surprised Know It All Sali hasn’t intervened on her mate’s behalf.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
‘Clattering Moron‘ as someone’s commented beneath his tweet.

SH will comment on our emerging grass culture if she says anything. The adoration of the obnoxious, precocious CM is strong in that one. It’ll be everyone else’s fault because Clattering is always on the side of the angels yes?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just had an email from Boots who say they're partnering with the Hygiene Bank 👏 I unsubscribed from Pai who declared they were partnering with Beauty Banks. 👎

Reactions: 8
Someone who lives in a HUGE four story, double-frontage house in north London with a massive garden writes a “lockdown is easy” article whilst thinking the rules don’t apply to them? No tit. duck off Caitlin.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I am loving Caitlin Moran being hauled over the coals for breaking lockdown rules😁😁😁 , I’m surprised Know It All Sali hasn’t intervened on her mate’s behalf.
It is hilarious. Actually not entirely hilarious as what a bleeping arrogant thing to do. Sali and Caitlin Moran don't seem to be as entirely thick as thieves these days though anyway.
And is Katie Puckrik actually trying to defend it? Wtaf. 🤬

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.