Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those from Liverpool who are that way inclined. Not Wales/Brighton unfortunately
I forget on which thread it was, but she somewhere said that it's quite common for women in Britain to go to the shops with hair curlers on. If I only had a colour coded spreadsheet...
Just so people don't think I'm making things up about British women :LOL:

I forget on which thread it was, but she somewhere said that it's quite common for women in Britain to go to the shops with hair curlers on. If I only had a colour coded spreadsheet...
She said it to Emily Weiss when she wasn't in her bathroom or even her hotel bathroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh, give me a break! Very few people have to super-excellent genes that allow them to eat what they want and not exercise and stay slim, especially after hitting 40. Staying slim and youthful involves a certain level of effort and commitment and to not acknowledge that and say it’s down to ‘your lucky genes’ is a joke.

Reactions: 7
It's John Niven, he's an author and a friend of Sali and that lot. He used to be a blue ticker but got permanently banned from Twitter so has to tweet under a different name now, because he can't stay away from Twitter.

Before he was banned, he tweeted about Theresa May and called her a bleep. J K Rowling blocked him and publicly called him out for being a misogynistic piece of tit.
Ah, well that makes a lot of sense, thanks for the explanation!

Sounds like a truly charming specimen, quite glad he’s not someone I’ve ever been aware of!

Reactions: 3
It’s not even the effort to look young. It’s money. Have you ever been in the stratosphere of someone and thought are they famous. Noooo they’re just very rich. £150 a pop for a hydro facial when your food budget is £90. Jog the duck on.
Beauty is becoming more and more elitist. And you know what? Sali loves it. It’s gives her status. She’s no longer the working class girl from the valleys, She’s the beauty superstar of the south! Babes, check your privilege. Sliding doors and all that, you could of been washing your face with dove and using Rimmel.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ah, well that makes a lot of sense, thanks for the explanation!

Sounds like a truly charming specimen, quite glad he’s not someone I’ve ever been aware of!
He's discussed in earlier threads. A real charmer. Sometimes referred to as "the gobby epicure " (by me anyway).

• Haha
Only if you're Hilda Ogden 😂

Screenshot_20200425_222904.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My mother once forgot to remove the hair roller for her bangs, she was with my brother running errands all morning in town, the bastard didn't tell her.

• Haha
I get my pin curls done in the morning. I’m usually just about the house for the rest of the day, but have been known to jump into a shop. The big rollers thing is really reminiscent of the wag era. Hairs so different now. It’s that broken beach wave with the straight ends. Not the big, bouncy, back combed hair of yore.

Beauty is equal opportunities is just a nonsense sentence. How is it?

Has anyone listened to SH being interviewed on the Fortunately podcast this week? There's a bit where Fi (I think) says something like: Your skin is amazing. Can I ask, have you had any procedures?

Sound of SH being taken aback before responding (in a tone that implies 'such a boring question I can barely be bothered to answer') that, yes, she does get Botox (infrequently) but, no, she hasn't had plastic surgery on her face.

I'm then willing Fi to carry on: Yes, but I'm not asking about plastic surgery, I'm asking about procedures - fillers, mesotherapy, lasers, PRP - you know the sort of stuff I mean....

But sadly, no, not really Fi/Jane's area of interest.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
How thin is she really though ? We only ever see filtered head shots. If I was as svelte as she leads us to believe I'd be showing off a lot more than my toes in the garden.

Reactions: 1
I'm sure she's said she's a size 8.
I'm more curious about who/where she writes for these days apart from the Guardian.
Anyone know? She is still writing stuff.
20200426_005908.jpg

20200426_005922.jpg

Reactions: 2
I don't think she's especially slim, pretty average (i.e. a little plump in her mid 40s). And that's fine! She's very pretty. I'd love to see her espousing that kind of changing beauty as you go through life, you can't really do that ingenue white collar frock look after a certain age, it looks silly.

I’ve seen her at an event and she was tiny. Was quite a few years ago though. I remember her saying she uses a calorie tracker to stay slim. Also remember her saying she stays slim to she can fit in all her vintage clothes.

The only way I can not pile weight on is by exercising and being really strict with my diet. I assume it’s the same for most women over 40.

I’ve seen her at an event and she was tiny. Was quite a few years ago though. I remember her saying she uses a calorie tracker to stay slim. Also remember her saying she stays slim to she can fit in all her vintage clothes.

The only way I can not pile weight on is by exercising and being really strict with my diet. I assume it’s the same for most women over 40.
Agree completely , the metabolism changes and slows 🙄🙄, bastard!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.