Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen Caroline Hiron’s stories today about the injectables she has? Pretty refreshing stuff tbh! Wonder if our Sali will follow suit...

Reactions: 2
Did she also take the weak dilute route? :D Or was it an honest adult account of what she actually does?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Has anyone seen Caroline Hiron’s stories today about the injectables she has? Pretty refreshing stuff tbh! Wonder if our Sali will follow suit...
I've never taken to CH - was put off by her In the Bathroom With appearance - but I think she handles the questions well. I've had injectables over a number of years and would probably have given similar answers.

Last edited:
I bought Pebble because Desert Beige is sold out! -That bloody Sali!😉

Bought it this afternoon, got home, faffed in the kitchen, went to Home Bargains, came home ,put it on after a days work( for testing purposes) and it went on like a dream, used a brush and it is immaculate.

I poured a massive glass of wine.
I can’t tell you how much I’ve been resisting this, I’ve said it before but foundations are my weakness .

I've never taken to CH - was put off by her In the Bathroom With appearance - but I think she handles the questions well. I've had injectables over a number of years and would probably have given similar answers.
Not seen it, but I am praising Marian Keyes for her honesty which I think has helped here. CH has said a few years ago that she had her eye lids done so fair play to her for that.

There’s a piece in Grazia this week that Marian Keyes has written and there’s big mentions of her love of beauty, Sephora and the injectables she’s had. She’s 54, did not know that.
Maybe we’re about to see a sea change

Last edited:
To be fair, Caroline has mentioned having had fillers before, I think. I’m sure she linked to a Pixiwoos video about it or something?

Don’t hate me fellow Tattlers .......

I’ve bought the new Estée Lauder foundation and am already in love , I’d marry it .

I’ll get me coat.

#beeninfluencedbysali
Me too.. but can I just point out that I wanted to try out it before Sali said to. Honest guv.

• Haha
Unlike Sali, Caroline’s injectables don’t seem to help in any way, she looks absolutely terrible!

Did she also take the weak dilute route? :D Or was it an honest adult account of what she actually does?
‘Minimal’ and ‘baby Botox’.... I’d say that’s similar to a ‘smidge of a weak dilute’ 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm pleased SH is practising sustainability (latest column) but my one brag is the amount of liquids/creams I can cram into the plastic bag required for hand baggage only travel. All the products she describes would easily go into that bag without the need for decanting into anything (plus the sachets don't need to go into it anyway) as each liquid can be up to 100ml. It really is surprising the amount of receptacles you can get in there.
I appreciate she is describing downsizing to smaller amounts for travel anyway, maybe not purposely for fitting into the clear plastic bag for X raying for flying. If I could be bothered I might later list all the products in original bottles I got in the bag for latest trip (RIP Flybe :cry:). Exciting eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@Jelly Bean you are a being after my own heart... I travel for work and am pretty good at the ‘edit’ I can cram into my plastic bag.

Also - please do share because I am nosey AF

• Heart
I thought this was what people have been doing for ages, you know, decanting things for travel.

Reactions: 5
I certainly have.

mom not sure advocating the use of individually-wrapped exfoliating pads is terribly green though. Got to keep the Dennis Gross coming in though.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@Jelly Bean you are a being after my own heart... I travel for work and am pretty good at the ‘edit’ I can cram into my plastic bag.

Also - please do share because I am nosey AF
Do you know I might (not in the house at present so later) but you do the same too? We can be 'nerdy' together 😂🧐

As I said I do appreciate she is probably just describing travelling light anyway, just that decanting always sends me into an absolute flumox (as it requires organisation) and I usually just chuck stuff in the plastic bag. Just pointing out not everything has to be 'travel size' to go on the plane.

Do you know I might (not in the house at present so later) but you do the same too? We can be 'nerdy' together 😂🧐

As I said I do appreciate she is probably just describing travelling light anyway, just that decanting always sends me into an absolute flumox (as it requires organisation) and I usually just chuck stuff in the plastic bag. Just pointing out not everything has to be 'travel size' to go on the plane.
I agree with you. A bar of soap is non liquid and I take that - keeps loads of space free for the other stuff .... ha ha

will be nerdy too and post a pic . 😍

• Heart
The column this week is the same as in the sustainability article just last week with products added in? I don’t get it.

Also side stepped the mention of Primark last week, it was the elusive “high street chemist” instead. I get it’s something that she would have been shredded for in the comments last week (“sustainability feature mentioning Primark, how ridiculous etc”) - but then why is it ok this week?

Attachments

I love seeing peoples travel cosmetics, but that column had neither joy nor any original tips. Im always cramming into the plastic pouch (nice spf for face, cheap spf for neck/body, various hair gunk for curly hair to wash or just to restyle). Would love to hear of peoples shortcuts and any recommendations for solid toothpaste / conditioner.

A more eco edit would just be saving past mini bottles and using a dash of nail varnish to colour code - but that way we cant "invest" in more plastic bottles and gadgetry.

(Tiger have those squishy tubes so they can be easier more into the plastic bag.)

Any recommendations for airport approved wash bags? I was eyeing up the spacenk one...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.