Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe she’s openly being nasty on the internet. I mean, I have no problem with her voicing her reasonable opinion that the article is ‘astonishingly stupid and mad’. I thought that SH was better than that though.

And if she’s shouting about this in the interest of public health, by her own statement last week she’s ‘spending her life grappling for literally anything to feel righteous. It’s truly mental and tragic.’

That’s what she said about some poor citizen who was outraged at her promoting going out for dinner in a group 2 nights running after the country was begged to stay indoors.
The 'mental and tragic' comment was awful - especially to someone reasonably pointing out that what she was doing was encouraging irresponsible and possibly dangerous behaviour.

I still can't quite get my head round her defense of it either - the restaurant posted on SM they were empty, so Sali's group went there. So say they were halfway through the meal and more groups turned up? You would have to be 100% sure this wouldn't happen to take such a risk. And how could you be? It was pure luck and not judgement that they only met 'one other person'. Her defence was absolutely nonsensical.
Plus anyone following her lead and going out to support local businesses might not be quite so lucky.

Reactions: 10
Going back to skincare... I’ve never needed to use body lotion, but in the last week my skin has gone so dry (menopausal possibly. Yes ladies, I am most definitely *there*). I’d like to buy some Cerave SA (now called smoothing or rough and bumpy cream it seems) but is it really OK to order non-essential items at the moment? Doesn’t it just add to pressure on the system?
I'm trying to only order things that don't use Royal Mail as they are overwhelmed and should probably be used for essentials only. Its a tricky one. Certainly loads of companies still keem to say the are doing online orders.

Reactions: 1
its a tricky one - whether to do a big boots order, or to buy from a beauty only company so that boots delivery slots are used by those who need medical things delivered?

If only there was a reputable newspaper with a progressive beauty journalist who could make sound judgments during this unique time...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
its a tricky one - whether to do a big boots order, or to buy from a beauty only company so that boots delivery slots are used by those who need medical things delivered?

If only there was a reputable newspaper with a progressive beauty journalist who could make sound judgments during this unique time...
Such a good point. I'm in the same dilemma. My daughter's birthday next week and she has asked for the L' Occitane almond shower oil and body oil (btw it is amazing. Stupidly expensive for shower stuff but just gorgeous and smells lovely. Perfect as a gift). I'll have to do it online for obvious reasons. I think as it is a birthday gift I can justify it but I'm sure everybody has very justifiable reasons.
It is the best way to go about it really 🤷‍♀️.

Reactions: 4
- unrelated -
If anyone is very bored during this lockdown I'd love any advice or tips from you progressive and witty beefy-faced skidmarks for my small mental health tech project. I've been thinking about it for a while and am pitching next week (online) for an alumni grant to get it off the ground.
Its about for mental health needs or user niches which are not adequately catered for / or accessibly catered for, and I have a pdf graphic pitch that I can send in dms. (I don't want to post it directly incase it gets slagged off by Sali for the clicks not being satisfying enough) x

Reactions: 3
- unrelated -
If anyone is very bored during this lockdown I'd love any advice or tips from you progressive and witty beefy-faced skidmarks for my small mental health tech project. I've been thinking about it for a while and am pitching next week (online) for an alumni grant to get it off the ground.
Its about for mental health needs or user niches which are not adequately catered for / or accessibly catered for, and I have a pdf graphic pitch that I can send in dms. (I don't want to post it directly incase it gets slagged off by Sali for the clicks not being satisfying enough) x
Feel free to fire it over ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
- unrelated -
Happy to have a look.

Going back to skincare... I’ve never needed to use body lotion, but in the last week my skin has gone so dry (menopausal possibly. Yes ladies, I am most definitely *there*). I’d like to buy some Cerave SA (now called smoothing or rough and bumpy cream it seems) but is it really OK to order non-essential items at the moment? Doesn’t it just add to pressure on the system?
I was looking at trying this too! Just to let you know asos stock it and currently have 20% off code (ends at 8am today)

Reactions: 2
Broadly speaking, I’d say Sali is currently winning the competition for being the most obnoxious social media idiot with an opinion she’s convinced we all need to hear .
she really is just loathsome just now isn't she. Just doesn't know when to sit back and zip it.

If Sali was a pub, she would be a Wetherspoons.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Only our Sal could take the moral high ground with a member of the health care sector that she had just cheered on
I thought it very gracious of Sali to allow a fatigued and obviously quite sad health care worker to 'feel how you feel'. And to helpfully point out to her how she had got it wrong.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Only our Sal could take the moral high ground with a member of the health care sector that she had just cheered on
Sometimes I wonder if she ever goes back and reads these tweets and realises how snippy she sounds. She seriously has zero self awareness. I think we have discussed before on this thread about Esther Walker being honest about her Instagram experience and how she realised that she sounded a bit of a knob and that it wasn't for her; that is being self aware. Many in the Instagram world have less than zero awareness... and lets face it however our Sali likes to spin it she is really just in that group despite writing some words on a page for the Guardian each week. I think it comes from spending so much time on social media and less and less time interacting and working in the real world and in person where you are constantly having to consider other peoples feelings and reactions.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That’s such a good point! Possibly being an influencer warps a persons perspective because they don’t have the same feedback loop lots of us team workers have all day long. Add in the sycophantic comments and it must be very... confidence boosting?

Shockingly rude to someone who sounds depressed and exasperated and has the worst still ahead. Of course the applause is nice and maybe that person will reflect and be touched. But also maybe she’s cross that many people haven’t listens to advice(!) or promoted behaviours that may lead to her or her colleagues putting their lives at risk. To be fair to the woman that’s a lot to grapple with for less than £20 an hour (assuming she’s a nurse).

I’ve seen a few reports of nurses committing suicide in Italy and one report here already. It’s safe to say most of the healthcare workers will be shell shocked/PTSD and never the same again. We know this. Those of us who are facing the frontline aren’t just scared about the literal day to day, we also dread life never being the same again and there’s a slow build up until it gets super bad.

This is the time for influencers to stop telling people off and just stay in their lane. Sali knows nothing of the hardship of being a nurse and the trauma of seeing people at their worst every day. It is HARD. And it changes people. Where the duck is this #bekind movement now? Was that literally just for Instagram influencers? Except ones that write for GOOP.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.