Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
30F3579F-9537-4BE8-B5DC-B4A70CE688C2.jpeg

Just say it? OK... Stay the duck at home, Sali. Don’t exploit loopholes. Oh, and fannying about with foundation is not “absolutely essential” under any criteria. Got it? Finally?

ETA: Snap, @Hereforthefacts 👍🏽

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
She's whining on Twitter that he's unclear. It was very clear to me- if you have the facility to work from home, do. If you don't and are part of an essential service, you can go to work. He said that non essential shops will be closed so anyone who works in a supermarket/ pharmacy etc will go to work as normal. How is that unclear?

Reactions: 4
Gov website says stay at home unless you do a job that absolutely can’t be done from home. I do find that a little confusing. My partner is self employed, cannot work from home and we’re not sure.

Reactions: 3
Maybe she should send the government one of her disclaimers as a template ☺

I'm in complete lock down, even the parks here are closed, and if the police see a bunch of people, you'll hear a siren and them telling you to F off home. This was especially amusing when the riot police (really gently) told a bunch of pensioners playing boules to disperse. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
View attachment 99133

Just say it? OK... Stay the duck at home, Sali. Don’t exploit loopholes. Oh, and fannying about with foundation is not “absolutely essential” under any criteria. Got it? Finally?

ETA: Snap, @Hereforthefacts 👍🏽
Still pretending 'stay at home' is woolly and open to interpretation? Is this to justify her earlier behaviour? When if everybody had done just that we wouldn't be where we are now?

Reactions: 7
Beefy-faced incels, I could do with your wisdom. I am one of those essential worker people, so I’m still going into work. And washing my hands a lot with horrid soap and scratchy AF paper towels. And my hands, they are sore, scaly and red. This weekend I thought a part of my hands would actually crack open. Is there something good for my hands that I can apply overnight/at home to help? As I’m washing my hands every 5 minutes and cleaning furiously all the time, I might as well slather on any old toot at work, but when I come home I can do something to properly help. Seeing as O Keefe’s seems to have been little more than a marketing scam, what are your holy grails that you have been using for years?

Extra Brucey bonus points for being in the ‘minimum wage’ bracket. Hard times, and all that.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
@ThisIsMyDragName completely sympathise with you. The best I have tried ever my my poor cracked hibiscrubbed hands was the L’Occitane stuff but it’s stupid expensive. You can get this from Boots though and it’s on 3 for 2 quite a lot, nice and soothing.

She is such a Twitter know it all BORE isn’t she? Imagine living with her, almost feeling a smidge sorry for her husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@ThisIsMyDragName you are awesome. It's not on a comparable scale at all but my hands get sore and cracked/bleed when it's cold or with the wrong soap. Eucerin urea treatment cream stings when it goes on but I'd say it's miraculous at healing. And non greasy so you could use more frequently.

Think it's about a tenner for a big tube and it's always on offer in boots.

Hope you find something that works.

Eta - can't actually see it online at boots. It's this one https://www.onbuy.com/gb/eucerin-dr...K2So7hLurljfZhEDWwilNbLv38hZYfjxoCxocQAvD_BwE

Co-signing @Jade Mitzi and @RayRayJay Especially the L'occitane shea cream, but some people suggested a dupe for it (if I remember correctly) The Body Shop's hemp hand cream which is a lot less expensive.

La Roche-Posay's whole Cicaplast range is great, I use the Lipikar balm for my entire body as it's dry and itchy, and it's great for hands. And your face if you're not oily and it's the middle of winter. So that could be a good investment as it's multipurpose.

For daily in between washes, Cien's (Lidl's) hand cream with the red cap is quite good, as it dries fast, it's not creamy, but adds like a protective layer.
A lot of people swear by Neutrogena's Norwegian formula and the Garnier cream in red packaging.

Maybe a nipple cream? Some use that when the skin is cracked. I use up old lip balms as hand cream as well :ROFLMAO:

However, I think the key is really to put on cotton gloves (or socks) before bed and to really pile on your cream, even Nivea in the blue tin will do.

Could this pass as a column? :LOL: Imagine I added a childhood memory and some obscure reference and it could pass.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Layers also helps, moisturise with something humectant-y and then an occlusive like vaseline over the top?
I like hand chemistry cream

• Heart
Flogging make-up and influencing is non-essential. Stay at home Sali.

Reactions: 2
Flogging make-up and influencing is non-essential. Stay at home Sali.
Influencers are non-essential also when there's no pandemic

When we come out the other side of this, it will be abundantly clear what's important. And it won't be a red lip

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Ahhh thanks so much everyone! I’m not an NHS worker, they are the real heroes right now. There’s a teeny tiny part of me that is horribly selfish and kind of wishes working from home was an option, and the cracked hands is probably my karmic retribution for that!

Reactions: 5
@ThisIsMyDragName my hands will crack open and bleed when they’re washed often too. The very best one I’ve ever used and repurchased for years is The Body Shop hemp hand cream. I don’t even like the smell, but it just works, it’s almost miraculous. It has a lot of followers! It’s the only Body Shop product I use but it’s worth twice the price.

Another shout for the L'Occitane shea hand cream and the Body Shop Hemp one. Anything paraffin/petroleum based makes my beefy, and very dry hands/skin react like crazy so I'm constantly reading the labels and they're my go-tos. But I'd definitely echo the advice of gloves, or even socks, over a thick layer of moisturiser at night.

Reactions: 5
What is this interesting bedtime activity? 🤔 But it'd better not involve a Tory because my stomach isn't that strong.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@ThisIsMyDragName my hands will crack open and bleed when they’re washed often too. The very best one I’ve ever used and repurchased for years is The Body Shop hemp hand cream. I don’t even like the smell, but it just works, it’s almost miraculous. It has a lot of followers! It’s the only Body Shop product I use but it’s worth twice the price.
Same, I hate the smell but the cream is so good! Loved it for years, they basically made it on my request. (I even feel like an absolute idiot saying that taking the piss, dunno how she speaks like that seriously :ROFLMAO: ). I bought some more recently and it was buy one get one half price. Not sure if they will still be delivering now we are on lockdown?

I also like the LRP one. A good option if you don't like a strong scented cream. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.