Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And I thought she was all for #be kind on the internet.

Since the subject is (loosely) on Indian food I must say I have never been to an Indian restaurant where the chefs aren't Indian. Just would seem wierd. (Her favourite eatery in Brighton is Indian but the chefs aren't. They have visited India I believe).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
To declare all desserts from a global region as 'unbearable' seems quite crass to me, especially from someone who considered writing a cookbook.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
And I thought she was all for #be kind on the internet.

Since the subject is (loosely) on Indian food I must say I have never been to an Indian restaurant where the chefs aren't Indian. Just would seem wierd. (Her favourite eatery in Brighton is Indian but the chefs aren't. They have visited India I believe).

She's "be kind" when it's in reference to mostly made up statements about what goes on here, that can rally round the blue tick brigade. It's sad she's so unable to practice what she preaches. I get some things don't come across well in text but I think if someone manages to come across that badly, so much of the time... she's showing who she really is.

Reactions: 9
She has no class. That’s the problem.
And I don’t mean that as a MC vs working class thing. My mum’s family are working class-done-good and they would never speak to people the way she does.

Reactions: 12
I just did a clear out of my room and discovered a huge pile of makeup, lipsticks, etc that I bought in the height of my following SH. Do I feel empowered by buying piles of lipsticks? No, I feel utterly ashamed at how I justified such unnecessary spending

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I was warming up with the beauty banks thing and then this. Why does she have to be so foul?

I'm all for assertiveness and women not knowing their place but that is just so unnecessary and mean spirited.

No need for sugary sickly niceness all the time but politeness costs nothing.

Reactions: 15
She is such a hypocrite. She's spent the past two days chirping piously about her charity, then when it comes to just being polite to a stranger, she fails miserably. Can't just ignore it, has to go on the attack. She has this privileged existence - something she seems embarrassingly oblivious to - faffing about with luxury items for a living but she lacks basic kindness. It's not even part of her constitution - unless she is grovelling to a blueticker or attracting attention to herself via the charity

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
She is such a hypocrite. She's spent the past two days chirping piously about her charity, then when it comes to just being polite to a stranger, she fails miserably. Can't just ignore it, has to go on the attack. She has this privileged existence - something she seems embarrassingly oblivious to - faffing about with luxury items for a living but she lacks basic kindness. It's not even part of her constitution - unless she is grovelling to a blueticker or attracting attention to herself via the charity
Spot on as always @melfish

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And she's off again over on Twitter right now. To be fair she has been using soap for years and years and years so she would know.....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ah, less plastic, right...shame it doesn't seem to matter when it comes to silly make-up packaging.

I just did a clear out of my room and discovered a huge pile of makeup, lipsticks, etc that I bought in the height of my following SH. Do I feel empowered by buying piles of lipsticks? No, I feel utterly ashamed at how I justified such unnecessary spending
Don't be ashamed. Many of us have been there (I think?! Well I have for sure. Not lipsticks, but other expensive make-up and skincare items I believed I needed).

Reactions: 13
Anybody else think it’s significant that when she was being so bitchy, Sali didn’t actually use the word vegetarian this time :D?

Thanks for reading and taking on our feedback, Sal.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And she's off again over on Twitter right now. To be fair she has been using soap for years and years and years so she would know.....
It's soap. It's not a new amazing discovery made glamorous by Elizabeth Taylor. Does it have a Nanna smell? The dogs in the street know the benefits of bleeping soap. Oneupmanship over soap. Wtf.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Now she's an epidemiologist and sanitation expert apparently
If she ever ponders why she has a successful ongoing thread on Tattle I suggest she logs on anonymously and reads back on her own thread detailing the sanctimonious and superior sounding attitude that we knock her for.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Now she's an epidemiologist and sanitation expert apparently
It really is astonishing how many experts there are now on Corvid19. My husband and I try to out expert each other too tbf. In the privacy of our own home though.

And yes a good point that the humble and actually useful handwash is bad plastic, but expensive treats like Estée wotsits (not being rude - genuinely can't remember her name):£70 kit complete with utterly redundant thick plastic bag is 'nice'.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.