Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Handmaid

I remember. I followed it and had a look 🤪

Yes, commentary under Instagram posts about Botox was linked to posters also, er, posting here about Botox. Handmaiden was one of them that stood out to me because she was very eloquent and a former GTLer.
Aw thank you! Still here lurking (when I’m not being a teacher of children). Sali and the walker of the dog still hovering here too, it seems. 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The absolute hypocrisy of Hughes moralising about the effects upon mental health of Internet bullying as the news breaks that Caroline Flack has taken her own life. Hughes was one of the chief mood setters of the bullying ring that targeted Dawn O'Porter. She disgusts me.View attachment 84575
Mm yes glad you said it. Two women have mentioned SH in relation to their own MH struggles due to online bullying - Esther Walker and Dawn. Poor Dawn must be in terrible shock now because of Caroline. She was a terrific friend to her in the face of the allegations and tweeted her support.
You would think S would pipe down really. But I think she honestly believes that as she stated her own bullying was 'years and years ago' it doesn't count.

notbuyingit

Also l think the idea that if you aren’t a #fangirl you’re a #troll is purile BS that is detracting from the actual issue that we value transparency and want to know when we are being advertised to/ influenced/ persuaded to buy.

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Couldn’t honestly give a flying one if Sali thinks I am a troll despite I have never posted on her IG or Twitter. She is a saleswoman, not a journalist and she isn’t very good at it, probably because she cannot admit that is what she is. Her # are shady as :poop: too.

Her gang bang bully social media episodes also give more than a glimpse on the type of person she truly is.

If someone had drawn attention to an unattractive physical attribute of my friend, I wouldn't then draw more attention to it by mentioning it again.
she doesn’t read here you know (cough). Her ‘friends and family’ tell her what’s going on and waste reams of paper printing it all out then cross referencing, cross checking, tracing IP addresses and quietly blocking people. Honestly, could you be ARSED?

Last edited:
  • Haha

melfish

VIP Member
She reminds me of a high school English student doing their best to impress the teacher with overwrought language from a thesaurus.
Orwell's six rules:
  1. Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.
  2. Never use a long word where a short one will do.
  3. If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.
  4. Never use the passive where you can use the active.
  5. Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word, or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.

Sali, of course, being such an iconoclast ... 💤

Big of character. Deep of pocket ..... tEaChErS oF cHiLdReN 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

notbuyingit

This is why the ASA is tightening up on declarations of #ad as this is advertising/ promotion.

She is on the Payroll of Estée Lauder companies.

Does that person think she is being advertised to? No she thinks she is being given completely impartial advice. BS

Smoothie Kween

Long time lurker (well since I came here after watching her Instagram melt down), first time poster here. I just can’t take her any more. Has she always been this bad? I used to quite like her (or I was just not tuned into her ways back then), I hate to admit it I’ve even got her books 🙈. Her guardian column now drives me insane. It is complete and utter shite. First cream mentioned today £39 for 60ml, which is apparently twice the normal amount. And yet the next two are both 50ml. Even if maths is not your strong point you know 2x50 is not 60.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Nice try Sali.

How much of a psycho would you have to be to think it’s ok to interact with someone you previously routinely bullied day in day out as a bit of sport to the point it affected their mental health, career, income, relationships etc. What a cunt.

Sorry if anyone’s offended by that word but in a way I think this tweet is worse than the years of bullying. It’s insidious.
Bloody hell. She has some nerve I'll give her that. Dawn has reported quite a lot about the twitter bullies whose sustained campaign sent her spiralling into deep depression (she was far too classy to ever name them but the proof was there). Very grim indeed.
Didn't SH say when someone questioned her about it that it was a misunderstanding and that she and Dawn are chums now? An interesting interpretation of events.

It is basically gaslighting isn't it? Pretending someone's memories of a horrible event are false ones and everything is OK now.

Last edited:

slugella

VIP Member
I've been thinking about influencers in general regarding what has been discussed here recently. It's such a new world that we don't know the effects of it yet. Who is to say that how these people are earning their money is okay? How do we know how damaging it is to their viewers? I've opened my eyes and wisened up to it, but it breaks my heart thinking of young girls, insecure people, lonely people who are sucked in by these influencers chatting away as if they are a friend, people getting into debt and feeling not good enough. It's so different to advertising we originally saw in magazines. These influencers are letting us in to their whole lives, showing their relationships and family life. Recommending products isnt just a photo and a caption in a magazine now, its a sit down video chatting us through the product. The ASA are not doing enough yet. That's what brings me to this thread as it's actually quite refreshing to see others seeing these influencers and what they post, taking a step back and thinking wait is this ethical/okay.

The influencer world is so new. Are we just meant to accept it and keep quiet? The influencers themselves don't want to engage in discussion, yet discussing them on here is unacceptable. And by discussing I mean discussing their unethical and shady behaviour, not trolling them and their families which I have no time for.

Its been a long day at work hopefully this made some sense 😂

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The ASA have ‘clarified’ their ad declaration requirements. It’s like it’s been done specifically to convey how slippery influencers like SH have been behaving. She will be raging 😂

Can’t wait to read her updated disclaimer... it will be Sali word salad at its finest.
That is brilliant - thanks for posting. It really really cannot be any clearer can it? Anything given free is a fucking #AD. Why do influencers pretend it is so complicated and difficult?
All her followers saying 'poor thing why should you have to do this' are completely falling for her hard done by routine of actually having to be transparent.
And in her reply to someone a few weeks ago on IG about how people here don't care if others break the rules - well this is a SH thread so is about her, if she/Lauren had a wander around other Tattle threads they would see that many many other influencers are held up to the same scrutiny.
Yes I wonder if the sheer brazen nature of the Chanel campaign was a bit of a tipping point. That was fucking ridiculous and embarrassing.

Reactions: 16

Yel

Chatty Member
Infuencers would probably call an annual review trolling, bullying and hate speech.

• Haha

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
If I moan about someone who irritates me, out of their earshot, that is me moaning. Maybe I have a point, maybe not, but as the old saying goes, people who listen at doors never hear good about themselves. It's not bullying, it's not trolling. What people think of you is none of your business.
Also assessing my presence here. I stand by what I previously posted about this site v trolling, because I think they are different.

I also try and avoid (but probably fail sometimes) more personal comments, around her family and even her instigating historic online bullying. Those are of no interest to me.

But I do care about the behaviour of influencers who manipulate 'followers' for sales in an underhand manner, which is really all of them who cling to credibility. I am very concerned about the sudden mass endorsement of HRT and that injectables and lasers give the results influencers ascribe to creams. I am concerned that the planet is disappearing under the over-consumption that these people endorse. I am concerned that these underhand sales tactics exploit followers with fragile mental health, who look for online companionship and belonging.

How else to keep these marketers accountable? The ASA doesn't have funding to patrol all influencers.

Caroline Flack's death is tragic. She was clearly very ill, even though this wasn't public. But Caroline Flack wasn't an influencer, and that all the influencers are now jumping on her death as 'an example' isn't right either.

Still thinking things over, but the where I am right now.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
No wonder she ended up with a thread here, when for literally years her followers were pointing out inconsistencies in a polite, measured, eloquent way and receiving nothing but petulant replies.

All of your own making, Sali my dear.

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
Just reading about vegan lipsticks...the way it's written, you'd think that bees and beetles are being literally crushed to smear on lips. Slightly hysterical, given it's beeswax, not bees which go into lipsticks, and as for the cochineal beetles, you'd have to work hard to find them in a beauty product because they're expensive. There are cheaper synthesised carmine pigments which are used instead. But hey, let's stir up some faux outrage.

And as for then wearing a leather dress on the same day...

• Haha

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
She never misses an opportunity to say that she’s been there and done that first. And so ungraciously with such a high-handed manner! She is spectacularly rude sometimes....but never to blue ticks.

• Heart

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Just a few observations (from a deeply disturbed mental internet person, so take that into consideration, please), since so many of you have written excellent posts, I could sign bellow each one.
Every so often the thread slows down and when does it get the most activity? It's not even when her column gets out, because they are boring us away, or when it's some disclosing issue, but I'd say that it's when she tweets about this place or references it.
I understand that it must be hard to read someone taking a piss at your writing, but that comes with the territory (especially when you write about a scrunchie or a convoluted perfume piece), as she's said with the whole Ester Coren thing. She omits or blatantly lies about the issues raised here, and in a lot of the cases, it's about the general influencer practices, not just her. Not to mention how the threads sometimes turn into support groups which was great and many of us found a safe place to talk about our MH and medication. Furthermore, recall some conversations getting shut down immediately, not just on the topic of SH, without name calling and with minimal tension. Does that happen on Twitter and IG? I don't have an account on either, so can't say, but doubt it. And I'm not about to join reddit and get lost in that mastodon. Btw. do influencers mind reddit? I haven't heard anything about what is written there.
None of the above takes from the fact that I've made fun of her column, writing style in general, inconsistencies, interviews etc. Nothing she and her coven haven't done, or anybody else for that matter. I do have to say, again, that there was a lot of restraint. If there is a way to get a closed group or something to bypass the searchability or whatever it is, I'm all for it! In my case, if all of you haven't been such an interesting and fun crowd, I wouldn't have bothered.
And I trust you're all saving your money for the new EL foundation.

• Heart
  • Haha

Mokie

Chatty Member
Sali talks about a pointless word... by using pointless words

The word itself – meaningless, infantile, a bit 80s and decidedly naff – is emetic enough without the inefficiency, the pointlessness, the utterly wasted time and opportunity of a procedure that fixes precisely nothing.
I believe this is called a word salad

• Heart
  • Haha