Sali Hughes #11 A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her charity work comes across as paternalistic and "othering". But that's what it takes for her to live with all the shifty shilling stuff she does to earn a living, I guess

Reactions: 7
I just put them in the oven once I’ve got the stuff out and switched it off. Wouldn’t even think about using microwave for that, as is obvs just for dog food. :rolleyes:
Agree. This is an example of multipurpose I cannot get behind

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hypothetical tax q - if influencers now have to declare gifted items and be taxed on it, is having a charity to send most of the items straight to a very smart way to avoid an expensive tax bill?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Just looked at the KA Twitter exchange. Boasting about how she slept wonderfully when she had a baby. It's like she wants people to dislike her.

No matter how well your baby sleeps, you never ever tell that to another person who is caring for a new baby.

Reactions: 4
Who the duck warms their plates in a microwave?!
Also me! I actually have microwave activated plate warmers from Lakeland. They are rubber mats that you place between your stack of plates, then pop them in the microwave. I got them in the pre-influencer days as well, I’ve clearly always been a bit of a numpty. I wish I was kidding about this. I’m not. The worst bit? I don’t even have a microwave in the kitchen anymore, no room for it! They are marvellous, though. Need to heat up a frozen soup? Microwave. Want a quick snack? Popcorn in the microwave. Had the day from hell and need to eat something stodgy? ‘Steamed’ syrup sponge pudding done in no time in the microwave.

Reactions: 4
Also me! I actually have microwave activated plate warmers from Lakeland. They are rubber mats that you place between your stack of plates, then pop them in the microwave. I got them in the pre-influencer days as well, I’ve clearly always been a bit of a numpty. I wish I was kidding about this. I’m not. The worst bit? I don’t even have a microwave in the kitchen anymore, no room for it! They are marvellous, though. Need to heat up a frozen soup? Microwave. Want a quick snack? Popcorn in the microwave. Had the day from hell and need to eat something stodgy? ‘Steamed’ syrup sponge pudding done in no time in the microwave.
My mum has always had these! I don’t have any so just tried without them and it works a treat!

Reactions: 1
Hypothetical tax q - if influencers now have to declare gifted items and be taxed on it, is having a charity to send most of the items straight to a very smart way to avoid an expensive tax bill?
I don't think it works that way in the UK, but in the US you can claim a tax deduction against secondhand items you donate to charity - that's why Jeffree Starr did a video on donating $1m of make up to a womens shelter, so there was evidence in case the massive tax deduction was challenged.

I do think the benefits of receiving a swatched glittery eyeshadow, or lightly used highlighter when you're in a shelter are overstated by the beauty community, and it's more a way for them to avoid being the one who send it all to landfill.

Reactions: 6
Oh the irony of Sali’s mates getting stuck into FOD on Twitter...
But...but I thought the mantra was 'Stop talking about people on the internet you don't know you TRAGIC FUCKS' (©India Knight). How strange :unsure: Mind you this is the same person - 'LaurenO' who had a presumably non ironic twitter conversation with another person (not using their real name) about how people who don't use their real names are sad bastards and must be deeply sinister.

Reactions: 13
Well, women are the worst you know. Teachers of children among them!

(I still chuckle about that).
Ha ha yes that is a classic pearl clutching quote. The faux outrage. Plus you can tell she was torn between hoping we all were unemployed and therefore subnormal and easily dismissed, or that normal respectable WOMEN might indulge in such deviant practises. Trolls and bullies lurk everywhere in plain sight - even now polluting young minds whispering to five year olds - 'psst Beauty Pie is a load of tit'.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.