Safiya Nygaard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved all of it! Vegas is my idea of a living nightmare so it’s really cool to see so much detail and live vicariously through the video 🤩 I’m looking forward to the restaurant one!

Reactions: 4
I can't handle the way Safiya speaks (I mean that literally, not the content of what she says). I refuse to believe that's her actual speaking voice, so I don't feel bad making fun of it.

It's so fake and controlled, she overemphasizes each word, and she intentionally slows down the pace to the point where it's almost awkward. She's like a broadcast journalist who took a tranquilizer. In the beginning, I thought she was doing that to alleviate nerves and sound more confident and was ill-advised to do that (like how people tell kids to do that during a powerpoint presentation at school). But now I just think she believes that whatever she has to say is just so important and so intelligent that she needs to overemphasize everything so that her brilliance can shine through into our plebeian heads. :rolleyes:

It was tolerable at Buzzfeed, but it progressively got worse over the years. Tbh I forgot about her vids for a while, and clicked on one of her vids and it was so annoying I clicked out of the vid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
She talked about this, she got a lot of stick for her voice and stopped making videos for a while. I feel bad for her, it’s her actual voice. I think she had to train herself to change (especially in the very recent videos) I can hear a big change.

Reactions: 6
She does sound like a broadcast journalist. She sounds like she's had voice training. If you watch her old videos though (like from 2015) she sounded completely different.

Reactions: 1
She talked about this, she got a lot of stick for her voice and stopped making videos for a while. I feel bad for her, it’s her actual voice. I think she had to train herself to change (especially in the very recent videos) I can hear a big change.
She got stick about a lot of things I think. Just as all YouTubers do when they get successful. Because when you start engaging directly with people on line like that you’re going to hear the bad stuff as well as the adoration. I just don’t think she’s great at handling it, or wasn’t. Maybe she’s coping better now.

I can't handle the way Safiya speaks (I mean that literally, not the content of what she says). I refuse to believe that's her actual speaking voice, so I don't feel bad making fun of it.

It's so fake and controlled, she overemphasizes each word, and she intentionally slows down the pace to the point where it's almost awkward. She's like a broadcast journalist who took a tranquilizer. In the beginning, I thought she was doing that to alleviate nerves and sound more confident and was ill-advised to do that (like how people tell kids to do that during a powerpoint presentation at school). But now I just think she believes that whatever she has to say is just so important and so intelligent that she needs to overemphasize everything so that her brilliance can shine through into our plebeian heads. :rolleyes:

It was tolerable at Buzzfeed, but it progressively got worse over the years. Tbh I forgot about her vids for a while, and clicked on one of her vids and it was so annoying I clicked out of the vid.
She does it to be accessible. As someone who is deaf and has an auditory processing disorder, she’s one of the few content creators I can understand and don’t struggle to listen to, and I really appreciate it. You can adjust the speed for her to ‘speak faster’ if you needed

Reactions: 11
I am a fan of Safiya's, but her eating foie gras in her celebrity chef restaurant video like its nothing is really offputting. This was probably not intentional. She did however take more than a month to edit and upload this video, so would it be unreasonable to expect more research on the topic?

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I’m very late to Safiya and only recently done a bit of a binge watch of her videos. I really like her, even though not every video‘s content is exactly my thing. I loved the Vegas videos, even though I’ve been to Vegas and hated it :D but she makes things interesting, she shows what people want to see and gives useful information.
I have to say it was a good thing she did a voiceover during the footage of the day she thought she had lost her wedding ring in that hotel; she looked like she had been crying all day. But she is professional enough to not dwell on that (especially since it was her fault AND she got it back).

Reactions: 2
I really enjoyed her Vegas videos also! although I did keep thinking where their luggage was 😂

I really enjoyed her Vegas videos also! although I did keep thinking where their luggage was 😂
Oh I thought with such heavily edited footage, we just didn't get to see the moment they had their luggage carried in (I doubt they schlepped it in themselves). I guess that once they checked out of one hotel and knew in which one they'd spend the next, they had their stuff sent over there and spend the day trying out stuff without having to worry over their luggage.

Oh I thought with such heavily edited footage, we just didn't get to see the moment they had their luggage carried in (I doubt they schlepped it in themselves). I guess that once they checked out of one hotel and knew in which one they'd spend the next, they had their stuff sent over there and spend the day trying out stuff without having to worry over their luggage.

I think you’re right! I completely forgot services like that existed haha! Too used to having to carry my own luggage around when I check into a hotel 😂

• Haha
Oh guys I know this is a rave thread but how many more melting videos are we going to get?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh guys I know this is a rave thread but how many more melting videos are we going to get?
Yeah, not going to watch the latest one, and I’ve honestly just watched one before. Who’s the audience for this and why? I don’t get it

Yeah, not going to watch the latest one, and I’ve honestly just watched one before. Who’s the audience for this and why? I don’t get it
She's turned into a melting channel now, I don't get it either. I liked the videos where they went to like that candy making store and such, they were fun and interesting to learn more about. But come on, ANOTHER melting video? Tell me you're out of ideas without telling me you're out of ideas

Reactions: 5
Or when she went to that scalp cleaning place , melting is not only dull it seems so wasteful

Reactions: 3
Or when she went to that scalp cleaning place , melting is not only dull it seems so wasteful
Yes and she's trying SO hard to justify it by saying nothing goes to waste. But it's still so wasteful? I watched her halloween melting video and the amount of food she bought was just gross to me and so out of touch. A lot of people can not even buy a bag and she bought multiple shopping cars full of different bags.

Oh I love the way she speaks it's so unique. I have heard it from more people but I actually love it. Her voice has a nice tone.

The Halloween candy video has had 3m views in two weeks. The woman must be absolutely minted and probably never has to work another day in her life. Seems fairly clear to me that the repetition of subjects for videos means they’re completely out of ideas, as must be the producers and editors they employ. She’s in such a privileged position but she does nothing with it. What does she even stand for apart from make up, nail polish and black gothy clothes? Go do some charity work and film that Safiya.