Saffron Barker #6 Quarantining is pretend, did I tell you that I have a boyfriend?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TW: Saffron's relationship with food as shown in her videos

I have noticed her extremely disordered view of eating for years and years, but the recent video (boyfriend night routine) is a really scary example and has prompted me to say something. This will be a long post as I've wanted to talk about this for a while - I'm really shocked that more people are not picking up on this in these threads. Observations just from one video:

"Pizza":
- "We decided to make healthy pizzas" Tyler interrupts - "Saffron decided..."
- She eats the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day, sometimes has the same thing twice for lunch and dinner - screams of a restrictive diet and the idea of "safe" foods.
- "So we're actually making healthy pizzas" - REAL pizza is not a "bad" food. Obviously not a healthy idea to have one for every meal every day of the week, but a pizza now and then is absolutely healthy and normal eating behaviour.
- "These are my favourite wraps" - clearly nothing to do with the taste, these wraps taste of absolutely nothing and are weirdly plasticky and hard, I've had them. But she "looooves them so much guys" - I wonder why? - because they are 90 calories. The extra 110 calories in regular, 200 calorie wraps that actually taste of something and have substance are not going to ruin your calorie deficit Saffron.
- Tyler: "The best part of our shop was this though!" - The chocolate that Tyler bought (bless him, probably dying for some actual calories/sugar) was hidden off-camera, away from the carrier bag of "shopping" that Saffron showed the camera. - there is a look of fear on Saffron's face at 3:12 when Tyler is going to "expose" the chocolate and then a reprimanding tone of voice and look, raised eyebrows and almost slight roll of the eyes at 3:15 when she says: "Oh yeah, Tyler got snacks..." - making it clear that she doesn't "need" any snacks because this 90 calorie wrap topped with spinach and some morsels of unseasoned chicken is sooo filling you guys. Very weird of her to seem to want to absolve blame of "snacking" and to make Tyler seem excessive/indulgent for buying a bar of chocolate after making a 20+ year old adult man a 300 calorie "dish" for dinner (I still can't believe she called it that).
- "So it's more filling, we're going to add spinach" - if you want to be full, stop telling your viewers to be scared of carbs and just order an f-ing dominos. Or make a delicious homemade pizza with homemade dough.
- Saffron "This is also the quickest thing you can ever make". Tyler "The quickest thing is McDonald's" - shows where his mind is... we all crave McDonald's/fast food when we're absolutely starving/deprived of carbs.
- "I actually don't like spinach" - uhh, don't buy it then? There are so many vegetables out there, pick what you enjoy - food you like is good for you. But she forces herself to eat it because it's "sooooo filling you guys"........ Oh yeah, we all know those evenings where we're slumped out on the couch and can barely move because we've eaten so much bleeping spinach.
- "It's not my go-to kind of pizza, but yeah, it's not bad" - Tyler looks depressed. Someone please order this kid a dominos.
- Next clip "Dinner was honestlyyy JUST BANGINGGGG" - how is a carbless wrap with unseasoned tomato puree, spinach and chicken in any way BANGING? it's DEPRESSING and restrictive.
- "The perfect type of full" - what, starving? There. is. no. perfect. type. of. full. The perfect type of full is whenever you feel happy and satisfied.
- "It's such a good dinner because it's not like, heavy in your stomach. I just feel great, anyways..." - Heavy, rich and indulgent meals are nothing to be afraid of and should not be shamed - for example, the feeling of fullness and satisfaction after a roast dinner on a Sunday with your family is a HAPPY one and ALSO makes you feel "great" - fullness from a dinner with enough carbohydrates and calories to satisfy you is nothing to be ashamed of and does not make it a "bad" dinner.

Hot chocolates:

- "I have become obsessed with hot chocolates recently. This is the hot chocolate I use, it's sooooooo GOOD I can't even tell you, so this is what we're going to be HAVING!" - immediately the most obvious thing on the packaging is the huge number "40" (40 calories per serving). Sigh.
- "If I had it with all milk it probably would taste nicer, but I actually have one with half water and half milk, because it's like before I go to bed as well I don't like having a really full stomach" - Allow. yourself. to. enjoy. what. tastes. good. There is again NOTHING wrong with ending the day feeling full and satisfied - and the 40 calories in 100ml of almond milk and 100ml of water is not going to make ANY difference compared to having 80 calories in 200ml of almond milk. The fact that she shies away from even the smallest amounts of calorie difference is scary - watch all the kids watching now ask their parents for half almond milk and half water because "Saffy B" is having it.
- Tyler is making a snack - I'd be less surprised if you told me Tyler had just landed on the moon. That boy must be RAVENOUS.
- "I kinda wish we had cream, but I'm not even going to do that to myself. I'll feel so sick before bed." - Imagine the impact this could have - young girls that normally enjoy a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, every kid's favourite, now scared that it will make them feel "so sick" and have such a full stomach before bed. So damaging.
- Tyler - chocolate, strawberries, marshmallows. Saffron - strawberries and adds one marshmallow to her mug "for the road" - clearly a fear food - this girl needs to start letting herself enjoy the foods she likes the taste of rather than force-feeding herself spinach.

I admire Saffron's approach to fitness - she is an incredibly fit and healthy young woman. And of course, in a regular context, making healthy, sustainable swaps like a side salad instead of a side of chips, or baking things instead of deep-frying them, is absolutely a recommended thing to do and is definitely beneficial. What it does not mean is that you cannot enjoy these things in moderation - like having a takeaway pizza on a cosy night in with your boyfriend. Cutting out and even shaming ALL normal carbs and fats from your diet is scary and toxic behaviour. And the performative, theatrical, high-pitched voice that she puts on when talking about these INNNSANE "dishes" that she has fashioned out of tasteless, substance-less low-calorie products is SCARY, almost as if she is trying to convince herself when she knows that the food she is eating tastes like utter tit but believes that it is all she can eat or she will be "fat", so has to tell herself it's amazing until she believes it. I am not implying that Saffron has an eating disorder, these forums are no place to diagnose anyone, but it is undeniable that she is showing and actively endorsing a toxic view of food as either good or bad, leaving you either comfortable or "feeling so sick/with such a full stomach", to millions of impressionable young girls. It is mindblowing to me that nobody in her circle has called her out on this. If that were my daughter I'd be scared and worried for her. She said a few videos ago that she needed to really work on her fitness levels because of a TV opportunity coming up - fair enough, I was expecting something like SAS, Who Dares Wins. Now we know it's the Circle - a show where you sit in an apartment all day for a month/however long. She is clearly restricting her diet because she wants to lose weight for this TV appearance. Saffron - you're a healthy, young woman with a beautiful, toned figure. You do NOT need to lose weight. Please love yourself as you are, and enjoy a pizza with your boyfriend. Rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Saffron sounds as controlling around food, not just for herself but Tyler as well, as Niomi Smart seems. And she also seemed to suck the life out of her fiance Joe as well. And that ended up in a break up.

If Saffron is this controlling or passive aggressive about food and Tyler's food intake especially, they will never last. He will get his Insta followers and then run.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
We also saw it in Santorini when all she ate was mozzarella and tomato salad because she's "sooooo fussy". And have we EVER seen her order anything else in a restaurant other than steak or chicken with a side of broccoli?

Reactions: 17

I have noticed her extremely disordered view of eating for years and years, but the recent video (boyfriend night routine) is a really scary example and has prompted me to say something. This will be a long post as I've wanted to talk about this for a while - I'm really shocked that more people are not picking up on this in these threads. Observations just from one video:

"Pizza":
- She eats the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day, sometimes has the same thing twice for lunch and dinner - screams of a restrictive diet and the idea of "safe" foods.
- "So we're actually making healthy pizzas" - REAL pizza is not a "bad" food. Obviously not a healthy idea to have one for every meal every day of the week, but a pizza now and then is absolutely healthy and normal eating behaviour.
- "These are my favourite wraps" - clearly nothing to do with the taste, these wraps taste of absolutely nothing and are weirdly plasticky and hard, I've had them. But she "looooves them so much guys" - I wonder why? - because they are 90 calories. The extra 110 calories in regular, 200 calorie wraps that actually taste of something and have substance are not going to ruin your calorie deficit Saffron.
- Tyler: "The best part of our shop was this though!" - The chocolate that Tyler bought (bless him, probably dying for some actual calories/sugar) was hidden off-camera, away from the carrier bag of "shopping" that Saffron showed the camera. - there is a look of fear on Saffron's face at 3:12 when Tyler is going to "expose" the chocolate and then a reprimanding tone of voice and look, raised eyebrows and almost slight roll of the eyes at 3:15 when she says: "Oh yeah, Tyler got snacks..." - making it clear that she doesn't "need" any snacks because this 90 calorie wrap topped with spinach and some morsels of unseasoned chicken is sooo filling you guys. Very weird of her to seem to want to absolve blame of "snacking" and to make Tyler seem excessive/indulgent for buying a bar of chocolate after making a 20+ year old adult man a 300 calorie "dish" for dinner (I still can't believe she called it that).
- "So it's more filling, we're going to add spinach" - if you want to be full, stop telling your viewers to be scared of carbs and just order an f-ing dominos. Or make a delicious homemade pizza with homemade dough.
- Saffron "This is also the quickest thing you can ever make". Tyler "The quickest thing is McDonald's" - shows where his mind is... we all crave McDonald's/fast food when we're absolutely starving/deprived of carbs.
- "I actually don't like spinach" - uhh, don't buy it then? There are so many vegetables out there, pick what you enjoy - food you like is good for you. But she forces herself to eat it because it's "sooooo filling you guys"........ Oh yeah, we all know those evenings where we're slumped out on the couch and can barely move because we've eaten so much bleeping spinach.
- "It's not my go-to kind of pizza, but yeah, it's not bad" - Tyler looks depressed. Someone please order this kid a dominos.
- Next clip "Dinner was honestlyyy JUST BANGINGGGG" - how is a carbless wrap with unseasoned tomato puree, spinach and chicken in any way BANGING? it's DEPRESSING and restrictive.
- "The perfect type of full" - what, starving? There. is. no. perfect. type. of. full. The perfect type of full is whenever you feel happy and satisfied.
- "It's such a good dinner because it's not like, heavy in your stomach. I just feel great, anyways..." - Heavy, rich and indulgent meals are nothing to be afraid of and should not be shamed - for example, the feeling of fullness and satisfaction after a roast dinner on a Sunday with your family is a HAPPY one and ALSO makes you feel "great" - fullness from a dinner with enough carbohydrates and calories to satisfy you is nothing to be ashamed of and does not make it a "bad" dinner.

Hot chocolates:

- "I have become obsessed with hot chocolates recently. This is the hot chocolate I use, it's sooooooo GOOD I can't even tell you, so this is what we're going to be HAVING!" - immediately the most obvious thing on the packaging is the huge number "40" (40 calories per serving). Sigh.
- "If I had it with all milk it probably would taste nicer, but I actually have one with half water and half milk, because it's like before I go to bed as well I don't like having a really full stomach" - Allow. yourself. to. enjoy. what. tastes. good. There is again NOTHING wrong with ending the day feeling full and satisfied - and the 40 calories in 100ml of almond milk and 100ml of water is not going to make ANY difference compared to having 80 calories in 200ml of almond milk. The fact that she shies away from even the smallest amounts of calorie difference is scary - watch all the kids watching now ask their parents for half almond milk and half water because "Saffy B" is having it.
- Tyler is making a snack - I'd be less surprised if you told me Tyler had just landed on the moon. That boy must be RAVENOUS.
- "I kinda wish we had cream, but I'm not even going to do that to myself. I'll feel so sick before bed." - Imagine the impact this could have - young girls that normally enjoy a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, every kid's favourite, now scared that it will make them feel "so sick" and have such a full stomach before bed. So damaging.
- Tyler - chocolate, strawberries, marshmallows. Saffron - strawberries and adds one marshmallow to her mug "for the road" - clearly a fear food - this girl needs to start letting herself enjoy the foods she likes the taste of rather than force-feeding herself spinach.

I admire Saffron's approach to fitness - she is an incredibly fit and healthy young woman. And of course, in a regular context, making healthy, sustainable swaps like a side salad instead of a side of chips, or baking things instead of deep-frying them, is absolutely a recommended thing to do and is definitely beneficial. What it does not mean is that you cannot enjoy these things in moderation - like having a takeaway pizza on a cosy night in with your boyfriend. Cutting out and even shaming ALL normal carbs and fats from your diet is scary and toxic behaviour. And the performative, theatrical, high-pitched voice that she puts on when talking about these INNNSANE "dishes" that she has fashioned out of tasteless, substance-less low-calorie products is SCARY, almost as if she is trying to convince herself when she knows that the food she is eating tastes like utter tit but believes that it is all she can eat or she will be "fat", so has to tell herself it's amazing until she believes it. I am not implying that Saffron has an eating disorder, these forums are no place to diagnose anyone, but it is undeniable that she is showing and actively endorsing a toxic view of food as either good or bad, leaving you either comfortable or "feeling so sick/with such a full stomach", to millions of impressionable young girls. It is mindblowing to me that nobody in her circle has called her out on this. If that were my daughter I'd be scared and worried for her. She said a few videos ago that she needed to really work on her fitness levels because of a TV opportunity coming up - fair enough, I was expecting something like SAS, Who Dares Wins. Now we know it's the Circle - a show where you sit in an apartment all day for a month/however long. She is clearly restricting her diet because she wants to lose weight for this TV appearance. Saffron - you're a healthy, young woman with a beautiful, toned figure. You do NOT need to lose weight. Please love yourself as you are, and enjoy a pizza with your boyfriend. Rant over.
i can’t tell you how incredibly written this is! Everything in this is very true and you’ve put it all so well, completely agree that’s she needs to stop putting these comments out on social media to her young and impressionable audience x

• Heart
Reactions: 33

"Pizza":

Hot chocolates:

This this this this.
As someone with disordered eating this is all so true. I really struggle to watch Saffron’s food videos due to how she constantly categorises food into good and bad. It seems like she’s constantly trying to show everyone all these “good/healthy” choices she makes but like it’s not realistic nor does anyone care? Her constantly saying how full she is from her water and porridge and beetroot wrap is just insufferable. And the fact she HAS to say she has it with water!!!!! Get some help girl you cannot be out here promoting well-being and health with tone and sculpt and then obviously trying to look like you starve yourself.
also jokes on Tyler poor guy must be starving!!! My boyfriend eats 50% bigger portions than me and is constantly snacking. Him having 2 wraps with spinach andchicken would have him offering w pizza about 45 mins later 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She definitely has a negative mindset towards food due to her obsession with the way she looks. This will come a lot from her job being on youtube and instagram as there is constant videos and images of her; we can all look at instagram and social media and feel negatively about the way we look but Saffron has it on an even bigger scale.

I would say this year her obsession has gotten worse and I think it is to do with her appearing on strictly. I remember in a video she did with her mum earlier this year she said she felt self conscious appearing bigger on the tv screen and people used to come up to her and say how much more slimmer she looks in real life so this probably sent her mind into a tailspin. She was also surrounded by slim dancers who exercise all the time to keep their fitness levels up for dancing and it probably made her compare her own body to theirs.

If she is going to be appearing on more television in the future then she probably wants to be in more control of the way she looks and that's why she is probably being even more controlling of what she puts in her mouth.

I think this obsession with her talking about food, calories and exercise is not good for her younger impressionable viewers. She probably thinks she is coming across as a 'healthy eating fitness queen' when she just looks like a girl obsessed.

Reactions: 17
She definitely has a negative mindset towards food due to her obsession with the way she looks. This will come a lot from her job being on youtube and instagram as there is constant videos and images of her; we can all look at instagram and social media and feel negatively about the way we look but Saffron has it on an even bigger scale.

I would say this year her obsession has gotten worse and I think it is to do with her appearing on strictly. I remember in a video she did with her mum earlier this year she said she felt self conscious appearing bigger on the tv screen and people used to come up to her and say how much more slimmer she looks in real life so this probably sent her mind into a tailspin. She was also surrounded by slim dancers who exercise all the time to keep their fitness levels up for dancing and it probably made her compare her own body to theirs.

If she is going to be appearing on more television in the future then she probably wants to be in more control of the way she looks and that's why she is probably being even more controlling of what she puts in her mouth.

I think this obsession with her talking about food, calories and exercise is not good for her younger impressionable viewers. She probably thinks she is coming across as a 'healthy eating fitness queen' when she just looks like a girl obsessed.
I also think Wendy plays a BIG part in Saffron's disordered eating. She doesnt cook and going by what they say, she hardly ever did and the kids always fended for themselves when they got old enough. For someone like Casey, it worked well as he seems to know his way around the kitchen but for Saffron, who's been moulded from birth to become some sort of icon, its led to restriction and a way to control her body. Just watch their video where they swapped diets, Wendy eats NOTHING. She regularly skips meals at least ONE meal a day and clearly fills herself up on wine. It was incredibly worrying and I can only imagine the impact it had on Saffron to see that growing up especially as she says now openly mocks her mum for the amount of wine she drinks.

This wasn't very articulate but I hope my point came across. Saffron has definitely learnt this behaviour - even her grandma eats the SMALLEST portions from their swap diets for a day. Its beyond weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I also think Wendy plays a BIG part in Saffron's disordered eating. She doesnt cook and going by what they say, she hardly ever did and the kids always fended for themselves when they got old enough. For someone like Casey, it worked well as he seems to know his way around the kitchen but for Saffron, who's been moulded from birth to become some sort of icon, its led to restriction and a way to control her body. Just watch their video where they swapped diets, Wendy eats NOTHING. She regularly skips meals at least ONE meal a day and clearly fills herself up on wine. It was incredibly worrying and I can only imagine the impact it had on Saffron to see that growing up especially as she says now openly mocks her mum for the amount of wine she drinks.

This wasn't very articulate but I hope my point came across. Saffron has definitely learnt this behaviour - even her grandma eats the SMALLEST portions from their swap diets for a day. Its beyond weird.
Yeah Wendy does not have a healthy mindset either; that will definitely have an effect on Saffron as well.

Speak of the devil looks like she answering question on instagram :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 19.24.51.png
Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 19.25.34.png

Reactions: 5
She’s had this problem for some time now.

She & Wendy glugging down apple cider vinegar before eating.
The ‘vitamin’ (aka weight loss) injections she showed us having.

Reactions: 12
She’s had this problem for some time now.

She & Wendy glugging down apple cider vinegar before eating.
The ‘vitamin’ (aka weight loss) injections she showed us having.
Drinking apple cider vinegar???? weight loss injections??? When was this???!??!?

She literally has some kind of eating disorder and the sad part is that she doesn’t even realise this! She normalises unhealthy relationships with food and heavily influences her little followers

Reactions: 12
As someone who’s struggled with an eating disorder the past few years, I see a lot of my own habits in Saffron’s eating. Drinking apple cider vinegar, repetitive meals, low calories alternatives and counting calories is classic ED behaviour.

Reactions: 11
Drinking apple cider vinegar???? weight loss injections??? When was this???!??!?
the apple cider vinegar was in a vlog, it think the swap diets one but cant be sure. she's def spoken about that a lot. Idk about the injection

the apple cider vinegar was in a vlog, it think the swap diets one but cant be sure. she's def spoken about that a lot. Idk about the injection
apple cider vinegar is one thing but weight loss injections!!!! If that is in a vlog that is so irresponsible to include that with young girls watching!

Reactions: 1
apple cider vinegar is one thing but weight loss injections!!!! If that is in a vlog that is so irresponsible to include that with young girls watching!
The beloved younger viewers are now subjected to middle fingers , swearing and cocktail making videos. It’s now par for the course. The worrying this is if you scan down those Instagram comments it’s streams of young ladies calling her an idol. Same goes for Anaaaa .. or is it Anna (ref Skinny D sweater).

Reactions: 7
EDA18CB6-864B-4570-900F-A8875E1E7E91.jpeg
Was just going through her recent posts and went to comment on that Italy post when I saw this 😂

Reactions: 44
It's scary how much she gets away with; from the suicide train video, to going away and meeting her BF in lockdown, to her holidays away, to her crappy collections with ITS, middle finger in pictures, obsession to how she looks, filters galore and doesn't put AD in some of her stories. It makes you think that she very lucky she's never reached the heights of Zoella peak fame and popularity as she would be dragged down for all these things she's done.

Reactions: 25
It's scary how much she gets away with; from the suicide train video, to going away and meeting her BF in lockdown, to her holidays away, to her crappy collections with ITS, middle finger in pictures, obsession to how she looks, filters galore and doesn't put AD in some of her stories. It makes you think that she very lucky she's never reached the heights of Zoella peak fame and popularity as she would be dragged down for all these things she's done.
The irony is that Saffron probably thinks she’s the new generations Zoella 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is what she should be pulled up on ... I'd only add to this that we presume she met her bf during lockdown and how she sat silent while her Parents broke lockdown rules seeing and holding the grandkids.

In other news she's off to meetings regarding her new Insta page for the Home stuff ... basically a brand deal incoming where she can get either free stuff for the house or purchase stuff and claim the tax as work expense. Terrific stuff.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.