Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalla

VIP Member
I have a few songs I associate with really sad times in my life; Everybody Hurts was a song my mum really liked, and I played it a lot after she died when I was 21, which was probably the lowest time in my life. And The Drugs Don't Work, which was released just before my dad died. The line 'I know I'll see your face again' still makes me cry immediately.

Come What May from Moulin Rouge is quite special to my partner and I, but if we ever get married I've said it absolutely can't be played because I will end up a weeping mess with mascara all over my face 😭🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Years ago I was obsessed with the song Hurt by Johnny Cash, used to have the CD on repeat on my player in the living room.
One day at work I had to do a 13 hour shift so I'd arranged for my mum in law to come round at let my dog out and check on her.
So I come home that night and as I get to the front door I hear Hurt blasting through the door, I walk in and my dog is just lying there looking suicidal.

Turns out that mil decided to turn on the radio to keep the dog company and the poor thing had Hurt played to her for 5 hours!

• Haha

IndigoViolet

Simple Kind of Life by No Doubt
Takes me back to a very low period in my life when I felt pretty desolate.
I Can’t Make You Love Me- George Michael version
Different Corner- but this was written pre-Anselmo. You Have Been Loved was about him. Sorry bit of a George geek🤓

• Heart

Clementine

VIP Member
Never Tear Us Apart by INXS (although that might be too much, Bezolabub!) I just remember hearing it played at Michael’s funeral and Paula with her tiny wee girl 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Thecatsmother

This woman’s work - Kate bush
Another love - Tom Odell
Hope there’s somebody - Antony and the Johnson’s

All of the above have me in a puddle of tears 😢

F the dust.

VIP Member
For me Neil Diamond's iam I said...it resonates to me..feeling like no-one and noones listening, being lonely.

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
You'll never walk alone always gives me goosebumps. It always did cos I'm a LFC fan but it was played at one of my best friends funerals and now I cry everytime I hear it. Lana Del Rey has done a cover of it and its beautiful

• Heart

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
A different corner by George Michael. Heartbreaking song. Apparently it’s about his one true love Anselmo, who died from HIV/AIDS.

Hate to say it but I HATED Chris Martin’s tribute of it.

Fix you by Coldplay

Small bump and Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheehan
x

VIP Member
@Bezolabub Sad to hear your girl has tested positive, I was concerned when you posted she was unwell a few days ago.
I'm thinking of you both🤗

This one really screws with my head.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member

I've posted this before on this particular thread, but I am feeling a little sorry for myself, and just want to be with the girl that I love and adore.

• Heart

bunnyboo

VIP Member
Mad World cover by Gary Jules is always top of my list.

Other sad songs in my playlists are:
Everytime - Britney Spears
Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have, But I Have It - Lana Del Rey
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
Into Dust - Mazzy Star

Reactions: 3