SacconeJolys #8 Dooley think it’s all over? It is now..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs people, pink is just a bloody colour! It's 2019, are we not supposed to raising our children and breaking gender-stereotypes? They're hardly forcing him into a tight little frilly tutu! Perhaps it's just easier (and lazier) for them to have Alessia and Andrea in the same class. Ballet is not just for girls. If the girls constantly wore blue I don't think there would be a single comment on that, or if Lessi did karate instead of ballet. If we have to talk about what the kids are wearing, why not let it be about how Emilia's clothes are literally two sizes too small.

Reactions: 34
Ffs people, pink is just a bloody colour! It's 2019, are we not supposed to raising our children and breaking gender-stereotypes? They're hardly forcing him into a tight little frilly tutu! Perhaps it's just easier (and lazier) for them to have Alessia and Andrea in the same class. Ballet is not just for girls. If the girls constantly wore blue I don't think there would be a single comment on that, or if Lessi did karate instead of ballet. If we have to talk about what the kids are wearing, why not let it be about how Emilia's clothes are literally two sizes too small.
Yes I really don't see the issue. It's a colour. Plenty of grown men, including straight men, wake up in the morning and choose to wear pink.

I also keep seeing that Andrea is a girl's name. With the way they pronounce it, it is clearly the Italian form of the name, where the name is primarily masculine.

There is nothing inherent about boys and men hating pink. It was even originally primarily viewed as masculine. It is something society has forced on the world and the sooner we're rid of this outdated tripe, the better. All avoiding the colour and other girly things when parenting boys does is make boys and men associate stereotypically feminine things as being bad, wrong, weird, dumb or gross. Then, in the worst cases, they grow up to be misogynists. As popsterling says, the same does not happen with girls and the colour blue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Honestly don’t get the fact that Emilias clothes are too small for her? Not like their short of money

Reactions: 12
From what I read,no one said it’s not normal to dress Andrea with pink but she is pushing it like as she wanted him to be a girl.

Same thing with Eduardo with the toys.

Why doesn’t she buy a Batman costume to Emilia ? Or Superman for Alessia ?

Or maybe I missed it, correct me if I’m wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't disagree with that on a personal Level at all - colors and toys shouldn't be associated with genders - however our society can't quite let go of the this whole pink is for girls and blue is for boys thing and if you are in the public eye, people are going to talk about it. People might make fun of him for that, that is my only concern with it.
Same with his name, I get that it's Italian but they do live in England and if you just see it spelled out like that, most people would assume that it's a girls name, especially when you see that child almost exclusively dressed in pink. Anna has always said she sees herself as a girl mom and when parents say crap like that I find it a bit concerning.

In my personal life I 100% agree but because they share it and because there seem to be (-(almost?) no boyish toys at the house, I find that extremely odd. Because it feels like these children aren't offered a choice. Children should be allowed to play with whatever toys they want and wear whatever clothes they want. I've always though they were pushing Eduardo towards girlish things and like I said that immaculate play room doesn't have toy cars and I've never seen action figures or superheroes etc. However Eduardo has a ton of Barbie Dolls. Why not offer different toys? Why not offer them to Alessia and Emilia? Alessia seemed to be really interested in playing with Jonathan's model cars but he said they weren't toys. So there's that.
It always felt super pushy on their part.

That is my only concern with that.

Yes I really don't see the issue. It's a colour. Plenty of grown men, including straight men, wake up in the morning and choose to wear pink.

I also keep seeing that Andrea is a girl's name. With the way they pronounce it, it is clearly the Italian form of the name, where the name is primarily masculine.

There is nothing inherent about boys and men hating pink. It was even originally primarily viewed as masculine. It is something society has forced on the world and the sooner we're rid of this outdated tripe, the better. All avoiding the colour and other girly things when parenting boys does is make boys and men associate stereotypically feminine things as being bad, wrong, weird, dumb or gross. Then, in the worst cases, they grow up to be misogynists. As popsterling says, the same does not happen with girls and the colour blue.
It's also very different when you wake up in the morning and chose to wear the color. Why put a toddler boy in a color that is traditionally a girl color? I'm sure nobody would say anything if her to go color wasn't pink!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Back when they were putting baby Alessia on her stomach in that tiny bassinet that she had out grown there were horrible screen shots showing her poor face pressed up against the side of the bed. It's literally a miracle that she didn't die from SIDS! Someone or many ppl tweeted the images to loads of SIDS prevention groups on Twitter and that same week they finally bought her a proper bed.

I wonder if carseat safety advocates were bombarded with Tweets and images showing how unsafe the kids are in the car if that would get them to finally value their childrens lives enough to make sure they're safe? I may have totally laughed out loud after typing that bc we all know they could give 2 shits about their kids health and well being. I mean if they cared by their 4th they would've figured out how to safely strap their kids in! They don't care about them point blank!

Sadly their negligent behavior is being shown to thousands of young impressionable girls who will think nothing of carseat safety when they have kids bc the Sjs did it and their kids didn't die.

• Sad
I don't avidly watch their videos, but is there any actual proof that these toys are being pushed on Eduardo and that they're not the ones he genuinely wants? Because it's hardly rare for boys to enjoy and even prefer feminine toys when they're brought up in open minded households. If we only saw him with trucks and action figures, would we automatically assume they were being forced on him?

The only reason society hasn't been able to let go of these stereotypes is because people continue to parent their children according to them. Frankly, the more parents that do dress their boys in pink, allow them to have feminine toys and do feminine activities, the quicker society will get over it.

As for his name, it would only take a 5 second correction/explanation to state that it's the Italian version. It's not like that version is unheard of in Britain.

Reactions: 9
I don't avidly watch their videos, but is there any actual proof that these toys are being pushed on Eduardo and that they're not the ones he genuinely wants? Because it's hardly rare for boys to enjoy and even prefer feminine toys when they're brought up in open minded households. If we only saw him with trucks and action figures, would we automatically assume they were being forced on him?

The only reason society hasn't been able to let go of these stereotypes is because people continue to parent their children according to them. Frankly, the more parents that do dress their boys in pink, allow them to have feminine toys and do feminine activities, the quicker society will get over it.

As for his name, it would only take a 5 second correction/explanation to state that it's the Italian version. It's not like that version is unheard of in Britain.
The SJs with their lack of regard for their children's well-being should hardly influence anyone to do anything.

There is no actual proof anything is pushed on him, but that's the general consensus from people who have watched them for years. For all we know Eduardo wants only Barbies and prefers to wear dresses when they wear costumes but... here's the thing, you can't want what you don't know? Am I to believe that out of 3 children who are vocal not a single one was ever interested in stereotypical boyish toys? My criticism is about the lack of choice and Alessa did want to play with a car and wasn't allowed recently.

And I can speak from experience - it's not all that great having a name that makes everyone go HUH, WHAT? Or make incorrect assumptions about your gender. Even when you can correct them. But anyway, that's a highly subjective personal preference anyway.

• Heart
Long time lurked who used to watch them in the past but stopped as they've slowly become more and more obnoxious. I don't think the issue is that Eduardo likes pink, but does seem like they only buy "girly" toys, would be different if everyone got to play with everything.

Just on the whole family vlogger thing, did anyone watch the shaytards? The og family vloggers. They had a lot of drama but the kids seem normal now so the saccone-joly kids do stand a chance!

• Heart
The SJs with their lack of regard for their children's well-being should hardly influence anyone to do anything.

There is no actual proof anything is pushed on him, but that's the general consensus from people who have watched them for years. For all we know Eduardo wants only Barbies and prefers to wear dresses when they wear costumes but... here's the thing, you can't want what you don't know? Am I to believe that out of 3 children who are vocal not a single one was ever interested in stereotypical boyish toys? My criticism is about the lack of choice and Alessa did want to play with a car and wasn't allowed recently.
I don't care who influences people to parent their children not according to gender stereotypes. I just care that it happens.

Doesn't Eduardo attend school and before that, nursery? I'm pretty sure he will have been presented with a variety of masculine toys there. And if he wanted them and not the Barbie dolls, he'd throw tantrums, like other young children. I'm sure Anna isn't so obsessed with him being feminine that she'd rather him throw tantrums than give him the toy he wants.

It's really not that unlikely that you could pick three children out of a lineup and by chance, they all preferred feminine toys, no.

Reactions: 2
Long time lurked who used to watch them in the past but stopped as they've slowly become more and more obnoxious. I don't think the issue is that Eduardo likes pink, but does seem like they only buy "girly" toys, would be different if everyone got to play with everything.

Just on the whole family vlogger thing, did anyone watch the shaytards? The og family vloggers. They had a lot of drama but the kids seem normal now so the saccone-joly kids do stand a chance!
100%.

There is a reason so many people wonder if Eduardo will eventually be transitioned for views or if he'll declare he's a girl or something like that. People don't just randomly wonder that if we didn't have some five years of observation to make an educated guess.

I don't care who influences people to parent their children not according to gender stereotypes. I just care that it happens.

Doesn't Eduardo attend school and before that, nursery? I'm pretty sure he will have been presented with a variety of masculine toys there. And if he wanted them and not the Barbie dolls, he'd throw tantrums, like other young children. I'm sure Anna isn't so obsessed with him being feminine that she'd rather him throw tantrums than give him the toy he wants.

It's really not that unlikely that you could pick three children out of a lineup and by chance, they all preferred feminine toys, no.
Eduardo was in dresses and playing with dolls long before he was ever in Nursery.

And like I just said Alessia wanted to play with a car the other day but couldn't.

But let's just agree to disagree then. 💁‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I don't disagree with that on a personal Level at all - colors and toys shouldn't be associated with genders - however our society can't quite let go of the this whole pink is for girls and blue is for boys thing and if you are in the public eye, people are going to talk about it. People might make fun of him for that, that is my only concern with it.
Same with his name, I get that it's Italian but they do live in England and if you just see it spelled out like that, most people would assume that it's a girls name, especially when you see that child almost exclusively dressed in pink. Anna has always said she sees herself as a girl mom and when parents say crap like that I find it a bit concerning.

In my personal life I 100% agree but because they share it and because there seem to be (-(almost?) no boyish toys at the house, I find that extremely odd. Because it feels like these children aren't offered a choice. Children should be allowed to play with whatever toys they want and wear whatever clothes they want. I've always though they were pushing Eduardo towards girlish things and like I said that immaculate play room doesn't have toy cars and I've never seen action figures or superheroes etc. However Eduardo has a ton of Barbie Dolls. Why not offer different toys? Why not offer them to Alessia and Emilia? Alessia seemed to be really interested in playing with Jonathan's model cars but he said they weren't toys. So there's that.
It always felt super pushy on their part.

That is my only concern with that.

It's also very different when you wake up in the morning and chose to wear the color. Why put a toddler boy in a color that is traditionally a girl color? I'm sure nobody would say anything if her to go color wasn't pink!
Yes, I agree with you on that. Whether or not a child only plays with a certain range of toys, it's always great to offer them different and multiple choices. My son has just turned 3 and his favourite colour is pink, he likes collecting flowers, but his favourite toy is his big wooden truck which holds his smaller toy cars, although, last month his favourite toy was his baby doll. There are always going to be things that children will tease and/or bully each other about, and unfortunately, there's nothing anyone can do to prevent that, so rather than raise your children with society's rules and teach them to always stick with the crowd whether or not they like it, is it not better to raise them to be strong, accepting and respectful of other people's choices? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe pink was traditionally a boy's colour, as they saw it to be a lighter version of the colour red which was viewed as masculine, and blue was a girl's colour as it was seen as "dainty" and "pretty". I don't believe they're pushing Eduardo to play with "girly" toys and I think one of the only qualities they have as parents is accepting him for what he likes - and encouraging it isn't a bad thing, either. To be fair, I did see one car in the playroom, a giant pink barbie car, and Eduardo does play with his tractor, and I'm not sure about private schools, but Eduardo will only be in Year 1 and I know they do free-time where they get toys out, and as it's been rainy here they will have in-door play. He hasn't mentioned bullying, so perhaps he plays with "boys" toys to stick in, or all the other 5-year-olds don't care what everyone else - boy or girl - is playing with.

Reactions: 5
100%.

There is a reason so many people wonder if Eduardo will eventually be transitioned for views or if he'll declare he's a girl or something like that. People don't just randomly wonder that if we didn't have some five years of observation to make an educated guess.

Eduardo was in dresses and playing with dolls long before he was ever in Nursery.

And like I just said Alessia wanted to play with a car the other day but couldn't.

But let's just agree to disagree then. 💁‍♀️
I didn't see the video but I read upthread that they were Jonathan's model cars, not cars meant for children to play with. And that she was told they're not toys, not that they're for boys or that she shouldn't like cars.

And it doesn't matter what was before nursery. He's been to nursery now, has interacted with other little boys and masculine toys and still seems perfectly content to play with barbies.

And yeah, we can agree to disagree because I already got in a long-winded debate yesterday on another thread and aren't interested in doing it again particularly. I just think this is the absolute last thing they should be criticised for and that it really, really doesn't matter. We're all a mix of stereotypically feminine and masculine elements and of course, now and again, there will be masculine girls and feminine boys because the majority of these stereotypes were invented by society and aren't human nature. I think Eduardo has grown up spoiled enough that if he didn't want to play with certain toys, he wouldn't.

Yes, I agree with you on that. Whether or not a child only plays with a certain range of toys, it's always great to offer them different and multiple choices. My son has just turned 3 and his favourite colour is pink, he likes collecting flowers, but his favourite toy is his big wooden truck which holds his smaller toy cars, although, last month his favourite toy was his baby doll. There are always going to be things that children will tease and/or bully each other about, and unfortunately, there's nothing anyone can do to prevent that, so rather than raise your children with society's rules and teach them to always stick with the crowd whether or not they like it, is it not better to raise them to be strong, accepting and respectful of other people's choices? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe pink was traditionally a boy's colour, as they saw it to be a lighter version of the colour red which was viewed as masculine, and blue was a girl's colour as it was seen as "dainty" and "pretty". I don't believe they're pushing Eduardo to play with "girly" toys and I think one of the only qualities they have as parents is accepting him for what he likes - and encouraging it isn't a bad thing, either. To be fair, I did see one car in the playroom, a giant pink barbie car, and Eduardo does play with his tractor, and I'm not sure about private schools, but Eduardo will only be in Year 1 and I know they do free-time where they get toys out, and as it's been rainy here they will have in-door play. He hasn't mentioned bullying, so perhaps he plays with "boys" toys to stick in, or all the other 5-year-olds don't care what everyone else - boy or girl - is playing with.
Oh I'm thinking about the big picture - I would hope 5yr olds don't bully each other yet. ❤
But with all the internet exposure, he might have a hard time in a couple of years when the school bully finds a million videos of him with Barbies and wearing dresses. I wish our world wasn't that way but for many people it is.

But seeing as I wasn't initially talking about Eduardo at all, just questioning what their angle with Andrea is. I may not be a mother but if I had a little boy, buying him a wardrobe full of pink scam and dump clothes isn't something I can see myself doing even though I hate blue and green and would definitely prefer pink ;)

I had no hair until I was 3 years old and with my unusual name everyone thought I was a boy. I did not like that.

Reactions: 8
The ‘boys playing with dolls & wearing pink’ thing doesn’t bother me at all - the car seat safety and cold showers do.

IMO no one should be talking about Eduardo transitioning in a few years because of his parents either - even if it does happen it’s no ones business (even though they’ll probably vlog it).

Reactions: 16
The ‘boys playing with dolls & wearing pink’ thing doesn’t bother me at all - the car seat safety and cold showers do.

IMO no one should be talking about Eduardo transitioning in a few years because of his parents either - even if it does happen it’s no ones business (even though they’ll probably vlog it).
Car seats, showers, sexualising children, inappropriate comments galore, it's all horrible and shows how little they care about their children's safety and emotional well-being. Jonathan's rant at the end made me feel like he might as well have said duck you haters, I'll do whatever the duck i want and love myself for it"

Reactions: 14
Their car seat safety honestly sickens me, and if anyone dares to comment about it, they'll have minions jumping down their throats with "they have 4 kids they know what they're doing" when they clearly bloody don't!

• Angry
So funny shes posted her "date night" (she can't even call it that) less than an hour ago. Everyone is saying, have a nice time and enjoy! But shes been, come back and in bloody bed since 8.30pm 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Their car seat safety honestly sickens me, and if anyone dares to comment about it, they'll have minions jumping down their throats with "they have 4 kids they know what they're doing" when they clearly bloody don't!
I keep hoping that someone from the company that makes these seats will reach out and be like ehhhh you're using our seat all wrong! A girl can dream right

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.