Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
And how do you "teach them" to wake up in the night to go? Please tell us O Wise One.
I have 3 children and none of them wear nappies at night so I must have done something right.
“o wise one” - I haven’t caught up on the vlogs, are you calling Anna the ‘o wise one’ or the tattle member?

Reactions: 1

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
I mean that’s how most people I know speak, it’s probably one of the only things about her that is in any way relatable to me 😂 normal in lots of parts of Ireland. It doesn’t really fit in with the rest of her accent so is weird but I don’t see it as an issue in itself

Dunno, I used to try to change my accent to be more ‘well spoken’ and then when living abroad I realised I’d never expect or ask anyone else to change their accent in other languages so I wasn’t going to force changing mine just because some think a traditional Dublin accent is ‘lower class’ (quoting others, not you) or something. Nothing to do with intelligence

Dunno, I used to try to change my accent to be more ‘well spoken’ and then when living abroad I realised I’d never expect or ask anyone else to change their accent in other languages so I wasn’t going to force changing mine just because some think a traditional Dublin accent is ‘lower class’ (quoting others, not you) or something. Nothing to do with intelligence, posh Dublin accents pronounce right like ‘roysh’ for example and the same people don’t call that out as being wrong because they think it’s more palatable. Every accent variation says sounds differently, variety is the spice of life etc
Oh I think the South Dublin (/roysh/Absoluteeeely ) accent gets called out quite a bit. At one time it got quite the ribbing on radio and was a field day for comedians.

Moreover, disliking, mocking or not liking the Dublin South accent could also be perceived as reverse snobbery. But hey, as you said, all accents add variety, :cool:

lunchable

Chatty Member
I'm Irish and have never anyone talk like that, leaving t's out of the middle of words. It's not her Irish accent as she's only started doing it about a year ago
I agree it’s not her accent hers is a weird mish mash but have you never met someone from Dublin or the midlands or what? Bu-er wa-er etc is no normal and nothing to do with education

Oh I think the South Dublin (/roysh/Absoluteeeely ) accent gets called out quite a bit. At one time it got quite the ribbing on radio and was a field day for comedians.

Moreover, disliking, mocking or not liking the Dublin South accent could also be perceived as reverse snobbery. But hey, as you said, all accents add variety, :cool:
It doesn’t get linked with being uneducated or punched down on though, I’d have thought that was the obvious point here but maybe not! ‘Reverse snobbery’ is something I believed in until I was about 19 maybe and then I copped on. Especially when the accent being called out is being consciously put on but exactly, it would be boring if everyone sounded the same, whether posh toff or uneducated riff raff 🤪

Random but this just gave me a flashback to the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly books that I read when I was a teenager. 😂

Dropping the 't' sound in words is common with a lot of different Irish accents, similarly, in certain parts of Dublin some people make a 'd' sound instead of 'th'.
Hahaha I love those books they’re still so good I don’t know how he still does it! Yeah to me saying you’ve never heard an Irish person drop the sound is like you’ve never heard an Irish person saying dis or dat haha

louseylou

VIP Member
I mean that’s how most people I know speak, it’s probably one of the only things about her that is in any way relatable to me 😂 normal in lots of parts of Ireland. It doesn’t really fit in with the rest of her accent so is weird but I don’t see it as an issue in itself

Dunno, I used to try to change my accent to be more ‘well spoken’ and then when living abroad I realised I’d never expect or ask anyone else to change their accent in other languages so I wasn’t going to force changing mine just because some think a traditional Dublin accent is ‘lower class’ (quoting others, not you) or something. Nothing to do with intelligence

Dunno, I used to try to change my accent to be more ‘well spoken’ and then when living abroad I realised I’d never expect or ask anyone else to change their accent in other languages so I wasn’t going to force changing mine just because some think a traditional Dublin accent is ‘lower class’ (quoting others, not you) or something. Nothing to do with intelligence, posh Dublin accents pronounce right like ‘roysh’ for example and the same people don’t call that out as being wrong because they think it’s more palatable. Every accent variation says sounds differently, variety is the spice of life etc
Random but this just gave me a flashback to the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly books that I read when I was a teenager. 😂

Dropping the 't' sound in words is common with a lot of different Irish accents, similarly, in certain parts of Dublin some people make a 'd' sound instead of 'th'.

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
Okay this probably an unpopular opinion but I actually understand Anna wanting plastic surgery.
You can change your opinion and I totally understand her wanting to get it done.
OK. Love to know how you understand. No smartness, just genuinely like to have your opinion.

pineapples22

Not necessarily, I work in a vet and we use a chocolate toxicity calculator to work out how much of a concern it is based on the type of chocolate, amount eaten and dogs weight - but every Christmas we run out of consult rooms because of dogs we have brought in which we have to induce vomiting in - Raisins have a much lower toxic dose which is why we say to bring them in immediately.
Good to know, thanks! Yeah it must be that even with the large amounts mine ate they weren't considered a risk. I'm not saying anyone should feed their dogs chocolate, but just that I don't even think a vet would be concerned with some poor neglected dog getting a tiny taste just the once.

Linnyloo

VIP Member
I’ve not watched them since spain, but watched the Brighton one (not on YT, I refuse!) Some thoughts;
Jonny saying “Get some good clips” instead of “Have a fun day!” before they go!
Edie sat in the back, alone... why didn’t emilia sit beside edie instead of squished between the A’s.
Why didn’t Anna look at the forcast and bring coats or dress them more appropriately? It takes up barely any space for kids macs!
“We’re all getting wet!” No, Anna, you’re dry under your umbrella, you didn’t even let Andrea go under!
Wow, cool story about the time you once ate at a now closed restaurant with other people...(name dropping Alfie and Zoe🤦🏻‍♀️)
So riveting, you told it twice!
Half the vlog is her talking about a bloody bridge
Anna asking the hyper, sugar filled kids, if they were tired?! Why would they be tired? All they did was walk over a bridge, eat, and come home?
I’ve not watched a vlog since Spain, but Andrea still looks ill, definitely thinner in the face. He always seems a bit out of it, like he’s not slept.
At the end, Anna trying to justify eating dinner at nandos, after eating a salad for lunch! They could have just had a “picky tea” if she wasn’t that hungry, but instead she’s trying to make herself feel ok about eating two meals. Definitely not recovered from her ED. Typical behaviour, I do it when I’m battling with my ED. Her face looks so gaunt here. I know she doesn’t have make up on, but she looks unwell.
Any sign of Erika

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
Deffo not called a pudding. But my children get a sweet treat after their evening meal and wether its sweets, a chocolate sponge, fruit and cream etx they call it a pudding. I guess its just easier for a child. Imo it is for us anyways as they're all A1s age and younger.
Not understanding your comment?

Heidi77

VIP Member
Watching other insta families, all kids in smart new winter uniforms, all looked clean and sharp, and then there's E1, in a summer dress that hadn't been ironed, was too short because she has grown in the holidays, no thought at all gone into getting them ready for the 1st day back 😔
Anal is a mother in name only, she really is useless.
Can u post a pic?

aehn

Not sticking up for her but as a personal trainer her belly would never go back to the way it was without the surgery! I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant and my whole life revolves around fitness always has done especially with my job being a PT and fitness instructor but if it came to after I’ve given birth and it sagged or what not I won’t hesitate to have surgery! I think sometimes people assume exercise can fix all! For a start if you wanted abs or a flat belly ect it’s 90% diet as you can’t spot fat reduction anyway! I had abs pre pregnancy and it took constant cutting and bulking to achieve them with next to no ab exercises at all as I engage my core enough through compound. Can’t stand the women but I fully understand wanting to have the tummy tuck. Thank god I’ve only put on 3lb and I don’t look pregnant apart from a tiny bump so so far so good 😂
Same!

account70032

VIP Member
Jonathans description for the vlog where Anna talks about wanting surgery…..lol! He doesn’t like apps with filters? Is he fucking kidding? He uses filters himself to look taller and thinner and praises Eduardo for using filters. He probably says shit to Anna daily about her body. I’ll never forget the weight comment on the bridge right after she had a baby. He’s a piece of shit. And we all know what they’re doing putting that shit in ##### give us free surgery plsssss can’t afford kids new school uniforms or shoes but can afford surgery? Ok!
What did he say to her on the bridge? 😳