SacconeJolys #74 All My Children’s Needs Are Invisible

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah come on, a small but of screen time isn't the devil. How have you managed to avoid and screen time whatsoever during 15 months? How do u get ur jobs done? Make dinner etc? How can u be sure sure child isn't exposed when ur out working (assuming you do).

Yes too much of anything is a bad thing (I was told I was doing TOO MUCH tummy time when my young fella was small) but honestly that comment just reefs of judgement and self congratulations. Plenty of kids watch a bit of TV and are absolutely fine
We are talking about the SJ’s though whose kids don’t just have a little bit of TV, they are on their screens all the time they are home so it seems. & the youngest is waking up early seemingly searching for his ipad when he is 3!

We don’t have screens or tv for the kids either and they are 1 & 3. We cook dinner and do jobs in the house either with them near us or they play. 😅 Not rocket science, they are used to pottering around whilst we do jobs as that’s all they know!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
yes my little boy is 15 months and hasn’t had a single minute of screen time, no TV at all in his whole life and is a lovely, dynamic, bright child (and that’s not just me being a proud mother! lol, he ticked every single box on every single HV review). his cousin has just turned 2 and been parked in front of TV and tablet since he was born, and is developmentally years behind. it’s actually really sobering to see them interact, it’s like a physical manifestation of why screen time for kids is not a good thing
Mmm my boy is almost 4 and watches a lot of tv! Otherwise I can’t do anything.
He is incredibly smart, spoken in full sentences since 2.5 years, toilet trained by 2.5 years as well…
Not developmentally delayed, loves to ride his bike, loves to play the drums and guitar, climb trees, loves the water and the beach… he is a lovely, bright beautiful boy who definitely watches his fair share of screens.
Screen time isn’t the issue, neglect from the parent is 😉

Reactions: 59
We are talking about the SJ’s though whose kids don’t just have a little bit of TV, they are on their screens all the time they are home so it seems. & the youngest is waking up early seemingly searching for his ipad when he is 3!

We don’t have screens or tv for the kids either and they are 1 & 3. We cook dinner and do jobs in the house either with them near us or they play. 😅 Not rocket science, they are used to pottering around whilst we do jobs as that’s all they know!
Yes the SJs are obviously a different kettle of fish and pretty much park their kids in front of devices all day long. That's not right

But the OP seems to think that she is mother of the year cos she does not allow screen time. There can be educational things you can put on for a child too. Maybe as I am a single mother I find myself needing screens at times too so that I can do my jobs and my little fella is 2. He has had some screen time since he was before 1 year old, it is all about balance. I think the comment overall came from a very judgemental place. I'm not a bad mother nor is my child developmentally impacted by TV. The reality is that out children will have more interactions with tablets etc than we ever did.

Mmm my boy is almost 4 and watches a lot of tv! Otherwise I can’t do anything.
He is incredibly smart, spoken in full sentences since 2.5 years, toilet trained by 2.5 years as well…
Not developmentally delayed, loves to ride his bike, loves to play the drums and guitar, climb trees, loves the water and the beach… he is a lovely, bright beautiful boy who definitely watches his fair share of screens.
Screen time isn’t the issue, neglect from the parent is 😉
Exactly! There is no shame in balancing screen time in to your daily routine.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes the SJs are obviously a different kettle of fish and pretty much park their kids in front of devices all day long. That's not right

But the OP seems to think that she is mother of the year cos she does not allow screen time. There can be educational things you can put on for a child too. Maybe as I am a single mother I find myself needing screens at times too so that I can do my jobs and my little fella is 2. He has had some screen time since he was before 1 year old, it is all about balance. I think the comment overall came from a very judgemental place. I'm not a bad mother nor is my child developmentally impacted by TV. The reality is that out children will have more interactions with tablets etc than we ever did.

My daughter is 9 so in year 4, and all they do is shove her infront of iPad! Homework? On iPad. Times tables? On an app! It’s just todays kids, I don’t think all technology is bad at all. Think parents will know when they have reached their limits of screen time (apart from the sacconejolys of course 😆 they use the iPad as a nanny!)

Reactions: 12
Anna's ad unlocked a childhood memory for me. I remember, not this brand, but a similar concept where you put the balls on the frame in the pattern you lay under the frame, and then you spray with water to seal
Can confirm, lining up beads and spraying them with water while simultaneously getting them absolutely everywhere in the house did not build my confidence or creativity...

Also, can confirm, while E1 may have asked for Aquabeads for Christmas when she was 5 (who knows if that's true) she definitely didn't get them. She was very excited about roller skates, and E2 very excited about not one but two lightsabers
Screenshot_20220514_083911.jpg

The proof is in the vlog

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It's really concerning to me that Andrea is up walking around the house for possibly hours unsupervised. Anything could happen and they'd have no clue. If he is getting up and wandering about maybe they need a baby monitor. Even things like going into a bathroom and getting into bleach etc.

Reactions: 31
I’m sorry, how can a 2 year old be “years behind”?

There is nothing wrong with screen time, it’s a bloody lifesaver in my house, the issue is that these kids are CONSTANTLY sat in front of an iPad, TV or computer screen. We very very rarely see them out the house other than for school! They don’t do things as a family, they don’t go to the park, they don’t even play in the big ass garden, it’s very sad and lazy parenting

Reactions: 46
A picture tells a thousand words, in this case very sad ones.

Look at her body language with her own children compared to BFF Matty boys 😔

She couldn’t be more obvious, if it’s not an ad or stupid party backdrop snap she has a completely disgusted look on her face.

Attachments

I grew up in a generation where the transition between not a lot of screen time to constant screen time was happening. So my childhood consisted of the tele rarely being off to be honest. My parents and grandparents had cebeebies on all day long, but I don’t think that impacted me too much because it wasn’t a case of “shove the kids in front of the tv so I can sit on my phone and ignore them”, you can have the tele on all day long in the background and still engage your children. You can educate your children & teach them about life with the assistance of screens. The issue with this family is they leave the kids unattended and unsupervised on iPads, using TikTok and YouTube unmonitored.

Reactions: 18
A picture tells a thousand words, in this case very sad ones.

Look at her body language with her own children compared to BFF Matty boys 😔

She couldn’t be more obvious, if it’s not an ad or stupid party backdrop snap she has a completely disgusted look on her face.
100% did you see her staring at one of her kids in a photo jonno took when her mother was there? She looked like she wanted to kill them. She looks at them the same way as she looks at Jonathan, with distain

• Sad
Reactions: 18
The issue with this family is they leave the kids unattended and unsupervised on iPads, using TikTok and YouTube unmonitored.
Ding ding ding!
They don't even know what shows the kids are watching, E1 went through a bit where she liked The Descendents and Anna has never heard of it until book day or character day when E1 wanted to go as one of the characters.

Reactions: 15

How about secondary school in the States, all textbooks are on a device. The kids barely need a locker. They can tote all their class material in one bag. I looked in on a class and all the students had a chrome book on their desk. It’s def a big part of life now. Not that I’m saying any children need it. I actually don’t think it suits learning at all (screens I mean), but when you have little kids, a little tv isn’t bad now and again.

At Andrea’s age, my son had to have gates and special door knob on the back door otherwise he knew how to turn the lock and go right out. I would be a ball of nerves thinking my three year old roamed the house at all hours of the night with no supervision or safety gates. 😳

Reactions: 11
I’m sorry, how can a 2 year old be “years behind”?

There is nothing wrong with screen time, it’s a bloody lifesaver in my house, the issue is that these kids are CONSTANTLY sat in front of an iPad, TV or computer screen. We very very rarely see them out the house other than for school! They don’t do things as a family, they don’t go to the park, they don’t even play in the big ass garden, it’s very sad and lazy parenting
Andrea will be 4 in August.

Reactions: 2
So now anna has two broken windows and instead of thinking logically she prefers to moan about it 🤔 (Well maybe it would have been wiser to NOT let jonathan mess things up further)
If they can afford to have a tesla and attend private school then why not rent a car to use in the mean time??
I wouldn't choose to drive around in a car with taped up windows with kids on board, what if they dropped or something whilst driving, less fresh air aswell especially closing in on summer time.

Reactions: 12
Andrea will be 4 in August.
I believe she is talking about a poster who said her sons cousin who is 2 is developmentally years behind as they have had lots of screen time since being a baby.

People have commented on Andrea though and he does get a lot of screen time

So now anna has two broken windows and instead of thinking logically she prefers to moan about it 🤔 (Well maybe it would have been wiser to NOT let jonathan mess things up further)
If they can afford to have a tesla and attend private school then why not rent a car to use in the mean time??
I wouldn't choose to drive around in a car with taped up windows with kids on board, what if they dropped or something whilst driving, less fresh air aswell especially closing in on summer time.
Didn't they book in to get the window fixed? Hows it broken again and a 2nd one broken? 😄

Reactions: 6
It's really concerning to me that Andrea is up walking around the house for possibly hours unsupervised. Anything could happen and they'd have no clue. If he is getting up and wandering about maybe they need a baby monitor. Even things like going into a bathroom and getting into bleach etc.
its not the first time either.. anna said last year (i think) that the a's were put to bed and then a couple of hours later found them wandering around the garden and no one had noticed! :rolleyes: and the time that they both climbed out of the playroom window to play on the trampoline (that may have been a set up for a video but still not a good thing to encourage)

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Because they’ve not got half as much spare cash as J wants you to believe

Reactions: 13
yes my little boy is 15 months and hasn’t had a single minute of screen time, no TV at all in his whole life and is a lovely, dynamic, bright child (and that’s not just me being a proud mother! lol, he ticked every single box on every single HV review). his cousin has just turned 2 and been parked in front of TV and tablet since he was born, and is developmentally years behind. it’s actually really sobering to see them interact, it’s like a physical manifestation of why screen time for kids is not a good thing
How can a 2 year old be 'years' behind- are you saying that developmentally they're still like a newborn? A lot of developmental milestones are actually nothing to do with nurture and screens have little impact on them. There's also a world of difference between zero screen time (come back when they're older than 15 months to comment further on that) and a child being plonked in front of them. For most they form part of a varied and mixed day and there's nothing to suggest that impacts on development. The comment further upthread is simplifying things to, bit sad from a teacher but not surprising.

Reactions: 17
Because they’ve not got half as much spare cash as J wants you to believe
J too wants a freebie from Range Rover. Remember he only likes to spend money on himself. He moans about school fees, about vet fees but thinks nothing of dropping a few k on a ridiculous coat.
Im guessing he expected Range Rover to turn up at his house and fix it for free.
The kids must be messing with the windows. How else would they get broke?

Reactions: 16
J too wants a freebie from Range Rover. Remember he only likes to spend money on himself. He moans about school fees, about vet fees but thinks nothing of dropping a few k on a ridiculous coat.
Im guessing he expected Range Rover to turn up at his house and fix it for free.
The kids must be messing with the windows. How else would they get broke?
I have never heard of two faulty windows on a recent car !! Someone’s been messing with them, and someone else has been too lazy to say no.
You would think they would refrain from filling up and heating a pool (racking up a huge electricity bill) and get those windows fixed. Car security is not something to joke about !

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.