Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lyra1970

So sad. My son appeared at peace and happy after a long mental health battle and he then took his life soon after . This is common apparently. Rest in power Paul , I hope you’ve found your peace ❤

Mod edit best to react to this to send your condolences rather than quote to say a few words. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

femmegirly

Chatty Member
The thing with S Club that I will never be able to get my head around is everyone’s’ willingness to gloss over the fact that Jo is a mad racist. Why would you want to go and see a racist sing and dance?

• Heart
Reactions: 41

QueenieMcSheenee

Feel like they announced the tour carrying on way too quickly, callously quickly imo. Could have waited until after Paul’s funeral even if they’d made their minds up behind closed there was no need to put a statement out so quickly. Comes across very heartless and dismissive of gravity of the situation.

Reactions: 39

HockyRorror

VIP Member
What was the reaction of the other S Clubbers when Jo was in the CBB house? I know that she, Bradley and someone else went around playing as the S Club 3 for a while 😬

Wasn’t Hannah an actress at some point? Maybe still is.

Rachel Stevens seemed to be everywhere at some point. What’s she up to?

Paul left and went into a rock band. He was on Come Dine with Me and tried not to bring attention to the fact he used to be in S club 7 whilst simultaneously steering the conversation towards bringing attention to the fact he used to be in S Club 7 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Trolleydollycoffeelover

I loved Rachel’s solo stuff. Remember the singer Lolly? Well Lolly was just a character people auditioned for and Rachel was apparently going to be her!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Rest In Peace Paul, you troubled soul. I hope that the next life is happier and more prosperous for you. All of the inevitable celebs who will come out of the woodwork now to make it look as though they were his best friend, should shut the hell up. Because, they weren't there when he needed them. It's so perverse how society only turly appreciates someone when they are gone. We should make sure our loved ones know we care in this life.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Blueballs

So sad to see. You don't get photographers hanging out in rural Dorset. He must have phoned them to get his last pictures out there on his own terms.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

S4buk

VIP Member
I really don’t understand/know the dynamic of the group. It really seems like they all dislike each other, there’s literally no chemistry between any of them.

Reactions: 21

blueberriesarenice

I suppose it’s hard isnt it, some genuinely don’t want to do a job. But for those who do, it would be a gamble. I can’t see anyone from a pop band working on checkout for example, it would be carnage. The only thing I could ever see would be say an office job, but there would always be some idiot there wanting to know why you have a job, making cracks about not needing the money. We all know the types, the ‘banter kings’. You’d need a really strong manager to deal with it all.
I used to work in a recruitment agency and one of our younger clients who was at senior manager level in his field, used to be in an early 2000s rock band when he was in his late teens and early 20s. They were always on kerrang! In their heyday, won some awards I think, and I even had a pic of him on my school planner lol. He apparently left the band to go to uni and did very well for himself professionally as it turned out, but none of the music stuff made it on to his cv, he was able to move past it because he was great at his job. This band was not as famous as s club 7 but I feel like if Paul had retrained and gone into a different career, things could’ve gone better for him, after all S club was more than 20 years ago now and he wasn’t super recognisable to the average adult.

• Heart

TalkOfTheGram

VIP Member
Yes!!! Why is no one talking about this
This is how I feel about Cheryl Cole too. She cannot sing at all, can barely dance and somehow made a career out of it after punching a toilet attendant in the face an apparently calling her a "black bitch". You couldn't open a paper for what felt like years without her being called "the nations sweetheart"

• Angry

wiganuser

VIP Member
You could tell the sadness in his eyes at the latest interviews they did. I hope he wasn't pressured to do it as he was facing a lot of criticism about his appearance, weight which was shit!
I hope to god s club cancel this tour and reflect on the meaning of life. But I have a feeling it'll all be in memory of Paul and all that bullshit. It'll be a few interesting weeks before the tour starts as money talks

Reactions: 20
It's very sad. I do wonder about celebrities who don't seem to feel able to get a normal job after the fame stops. He said on Loose Women he'd beg to get on reality shows, but I didn't read anything about him working in a 9-5.
I suppose it’s hard isnt it, some genuinely don’t want to do a job. But for those who do, it would be a gamble. I can’t see anyone from a pop band working on checkout for example, it would be carnage. The only thing I could ever see would be say an office job, but there would always be some idiot there wanting to know why you have a job, making cracks about not needing the money. We all know the types, the ‘banter kings’. You’d need a really strong manager to deal with it all.

• Sad

pixxyy

VIP Member
The tour will 100% still go ahead, the money that'll already have been spent on it. Not to mention the money the band will be getting especially as we had the story about Hannah being homeless etc
Todays awful news will most likely end up making them even more money in tour sales/merch & i'm sure downloads are being bought as we type

wellingtonboots

It’s obviously very tragic either way, but I’m relieved it wasn’t suicide. It’s always so sad to think the person saw no other way of things getting better.
But still so sad at such a young age, and he was really looking forward to the tour. I feel so sad for him.