Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Did him “falling out of love with acting” coincide with no one wanting to hire him?
Sure did, that and getting the piss taken out of him for his performance on Neighbours.

'I'VE LOST THE BUG' Ryan Thomas says he’s quit acting after being rejected from auditions and trolls slammed his Neighbours performance

CORONATION Street favourite Ryan Thomas says he has no desire to act again after a string of rejections - admitting: "I've lost the bug for it."

The 36-year-old soap star explained he found being criticised for his performances "really hard". Ryan played Corrie's Jason Grimshaw for 16 years before joining Neighbours as Rafael Humphreys. But more recently he has concentrated on projects with his brothers Adam and Scott, such as their travel TV series and podcast.

Speaking on their popular Mancs On The Mic show, Ryan explained rejection had ground him down. He said: "It's so hard for me. I started off acting, I started off in that game and I really lost the bug for it. "I feel the reason for losing the bug is rejection and going to auditions and not getting them."

He added that he was stung after reading unkind comments about his performances in Australia on social media. Ryan said: "I went over to do Neighbours and I just saw on social media that there were just quite negative comments towards me and my acting. "I’ve never had that before because social media wasn’t around. I never got it in Corrie because I never had social media when I was in Corrie. "If I did, it was at the end but I was so established there that people saw me as fixtures and fittings, so I never really got that sort of negative criticism.

He added: "It happens in all aspects but I just found it really really hard to deal with at first. "I always think, ‘Oh, it’ll [the desire to act] come back at some point and maybe it will and it’s still something that I have in my locker if I want to explore it again. "Right now I’m really happy with the direction I’m going."
Really happy with the direction he's going. Spoiler alert: it's down.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
He’s constantly posting about other wellness brands, and advertising another training platform (that he is getting for free)

His own fucking partner runs a fitness and well-being brand, which funds his lifestyle?! I’d be fuming if I were Lucy

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
I find all three of the brothers annoying. Scott the most. He was posting weird stuff about the mum being sober and how proud he was and implying she had a drink problem last year which made me uncomfortable as it’s not really his business to share. He also had his dad there when he was ill which is admirable, but again, he made sure it was all over social media how great he was being for looking after his dad. Something just doesn’t sit right with Scott for me.

Ryan was nice in big brother and fair play on his walk for charity but what does he actually do?

Adam seems the nicest by far.

Kebab girl

Chatty Member
I would disagree. She’s with a man who’s bankrupt and barely earns a living and told his last baby mother he didn’t fancy her after giving birth. Why would you up root your life to be part of the Thomas clan

Hopefully the only metal thing he’ll see soon is bars in prison 😂

You’re welcome 😂
Omg this is hilarious!!!! His insta makes out he has a drive !!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Yeah that’s the one I don’t like, the one that isn’t famous for fuck sake!

I like the one that was in Emmerdale, the best, he seems the nicest person and the brightest out of the other 2!
I’ve actually met Scott (he came into my work) and he was one of the nicest people to come in. He was polite and made conversation. I had a really good impression of him. However....they all make me cringe on Instagram 😬 they are So over the top and Dramatic!

• Heart

Emmie81

VIP Member
It’s a rolls Royce - which is quite ugly looking but I’ll assume RR cringe at their cars being driven by a bankrupt ex soap star…

or it was bought by umar - one way to wash money

Disneylover

VIP Member
Umar Kamani bought Ryan Thomas a Rolls Royce so the post would of been a 'favour'
Did Ryan say Umar bought it? This whole story about Boohoo doesn’t surprise me, the quality of the clothes is shocking and to think poor buggers have been making them in a sweat shop! I hope people stop buying from them

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Before he got with Lucy, they all got on so well. Her with his family, and Ryan with tinas husband. We don’t know what happened, and to be quite frank, it’s the newspapers which 99% are bullshit stories.
Tina is still friendly with Adam at least. They like each other’s grid posts and Scarlett seems to spend a lot of time with him and his family.

AngryBird101

VIP Member
No one here gives a fuck about them either - they do it cause it’s cheaper than London.

Nope, Manchester is very casual unless you’re going to like a good restaurant etc but day to day it’s more like converse and jeans. Liverpool is more glamorous clothes wise etc
I seen the glam on Desperate Scousewives, god I loved that show! Anyone remember it? I don’t know why it got scrapped, it was the exact same as TOWIE except TOWIE came out first

• Heart

eeeee1

Chatty Member
Watching Waterloo road and not only is his brother a slightly better actor than him (not difficult)-his child is far beyond his acting capabilities so assuming she must have inherited her skills from her mum not him 😂😂
She’s definitely her mums daughter. Tina was as good at her age.

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Keep that hat on Ryan, can’t have people seeing the lack of hair.

If he hasn’t had a (presumably gifted) Turkish transplant by the end of this year I’ll be stunned

• Haha

Disneylover

VIP Member
Absolute cringe…and that event sounds bizarre - a wellness festival with random Z-list celebrities that have no business or brand in wellness (besides going to the gym)?
Yeah, it was all very odd, I only saw bits but it all looked awful. Still laughing at them three, you would have thought Ryan was going up to collect an oscar 😂

• Haha

Telly Fanatic

VIP Member
Ryan said he didn't want the commitment of a relationship with Tina , sounds like history is repeating itself with Lucy seems he doesn't want to fully tie himself down with moving in completely with her .I don't know what the big deal is with Lucy she is just plain mark w certainly didn't want her plus all Mario did was cheat .

Ryan is immature he acts like a 22 year old