RVK_Loves #34 Newborn on a boat, on the floor, on long car rides & sleeping in a corridor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread suggestion:

Waffy rushed to hospital in an ambulance in the AM, then straight to the pumpkin patch all for the ‘gram

Reactions: 15
Mama K gushing about the gardening prize she won today. How strange when your grandson is in hospital with a severe respiratory illness. The last thing I would be thinking about is bragging on IG. Very strange family.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Long ranty post alert!

My son is about 6 weeks older than Raffy and he had a pretty rough start with horrible reflux, general god awful misery, and a few hospital admissions for good measure. I remember looking at her posts about "dreamy" life with two, and all these amazing trips etc whilst I was pacing around trying to get my screaming baby to sleep, and feeling like I was utterly failing him (for not finding it dreamy) and my older one too for not having the energy to do lovely things with her and "make memories"

When my boy was hospitalised with suspected sepsis (twice!) I can't say I posted on the gram whilst I was in with him. Nor did I faff about looking for a breast pump instead of taking him straight to a&e. NOR did I take him out on endless trips when he needed recovery time, and we all needed to be together as a family. These are some of the many many benefits of not monetising your children. They're kids, not content, and what mine lack in chia seeds, plywood and photogenic holidays they (hopefully) make up for in having parents who put them first.

It's frankly disingenuous and irresponsible to portray yourself as some sort of aspirational parent when you can't even make good choices for your tiny children, especially when you consider that for every seemingly perfect instamum there will be 10 women with tiny babies scrolling through the pictures and feeling like they're doing it all wrong. If you're reading this with a small child or two at home then please remember that you're doing a great job, and that Instagram should come with a health warning.

TLDR: she made me feel like a bad mum, but I'm feeling much better about my parenting choices now. Instagram is a web of lies.

(My smallest snail is doing much better now thanks, and the NHS is bleeping amazing)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Long ranty post alert!

My son is about 6 weeks older than Raffy and he had a pretty rough start with horrible reflux, general god awful misery, and a few hospital admissions for good measure. I remember looking at her posts about "dreamy" life with two, and all these amazing trips etc whilst I was pacing around trying to get my screaming baby to sleep, and feeling like I was utterly failing him (for not finding it dreamy) and my older one too for not having the energy to do lovely things with her and "make memories"

When my boy was hospitalised with suspected sepsis (twice!) I can't say I posted on the gram whilst I was in with him. Nor did I faff about looking for a breast pump instead of taking him straight to a&e. NOR did I take him out on endless trips when he needed recovery time, and we all needed to be together as a family. These are some of the many many benefits of not monetising your children. They're kids, not content, and what mine lack in chia seeds, plywood and photogenic holidays they (hopefully) make up for in having parents who put them first.

It's frankly disingenuous and irresponsible to portray yourself as some sort of aspirational parent when you can't even make good choices for your tiny children, especially when you consider that for every seemingly perfect instamum there will be 10 women with tiny babies scrolling through the pictures and feeling like they're doing it all wrong. If you're reading this with a small child or two at home then please remember that you're doing a great job, and that Instagram should come with a health warning.

TLDR: she made me feel like a bad mum, but I'm feeling much better about my parenting choices now. Instagram is a web of lies.

(My smallest snail is doing much better now thanks, and the NHS is bleeping amazing)
Please don’t let her make you feel like this. If it helps I’ve been reliably informed that a child’s long term memory isn’t fully developed until a child is 4. So the funny thing is Freya won’t remember any of these memories Grabby is making.

Glad your baby is on the mend xxx

Reactions: 13
Long ranty post alert!

I couldn’t agree with this rant more. Parenting isn’t about trips out and Instagram posts and doing 10,000 steps a day in all weathers. Good parents put their kids needs first, not theirs and the ‘gram. She’s a disgrace & should come with a health warning!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I blocked this stupid woman a long time ago as she gets in my tits big time. I still read on here, just in case by some miracle she has matured past the age of 11. I can't clearly read on here that she is getting worse. Winter babies are hard work. I had two. You spend the days you are out taking coats on and off as the worry about them over heating or being too cold is massive. The best thing are the lovely relaxed days indoors when its cold out. I've never dragged mine out unless we've absolutely had too. She’s the most over indulged, selfish hole on insta. I feel like reporting her to social services but I doubt they'll do anything. Her whole family is fucked.

Reactions: 17
Why wouldn’t she ask her mother or father if his own father isn’t around, to look after him indoors while she goes out to burn calories with or without Bentos? Or buy a treadmill for FFS?

I found these from Next. Right up her alley.
DBE122E9-7FCC-4892-A4FE-72BC1010BCAE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So we rhink Grabby will continue with her selfishness but just not post on insta for this week as she’s ‘soaking it all in’ when in reality she’s trying to avoid tattle criticism? She can’t miss her opportunity to take pictures of Bentos in some form of shart coloured witch costume posing by pumpkins on other peoples doorsteps.

Of course we will find out eventually that she can’t physically stay at home with a poorly child as she’s incapable of keeping anything off the ‘gram forever

Why wouldn’t she ask her mother or father if his own father isn’t around, to look after him indoors while she goes out to burn calories with or without Bentos? Or buy a treadmill for FFS?

I found these from Next. Right up her alley.View attachment 828926
It's laughable, as not only does grabby have ma & pa Kedgefund literally a 5 minute walk from manky {semi-detached} mansions but also Ben Peeados dad lives nearby them too {I think he's near the allotments iirc}.

Reactions: 6
I find it all incredibly sad, that she’d rather risk the health of her baby over getting photos for the gram, there is absolutely no way she will stay in this week with Halloween being at the weekend.

There is absolutely no such thing as a quiet, chilled day indoors with a toddler to rest and recuperate (I say from the position of having a toddler of my own where if we aren’t out the door 6 days out of 7 before 11am we will both end up climbing the walls!)...HOWEVER you absolutely can stay at home with a tiny baby that needs warmth, hydration, close monitoring, cuddles and reduced stimulation to help aid recovery....she also has a husband that is barely in employment (and earns x10 more than all of ours as we have been reliably informed), parents who live a stones throw away and nursery that Bentos has already been attending at her disposal....

** Rebecca if you are reading this barrage of criticism of you as a Mother please take heed...stop going out for the sake of nothing other than a few FOMO autumn photos. Autumn will still be there next year. Send Freya out with the Grandparents for a few hours to wear her out or get your husband to take some time out from making plywood rotating bookshelves to do the nursery drop off. **

(and also why the duck is she worrying about catching Covid in an NHS waiting room?! When she was more than happy to take a flight to bleeping Mallorca last month for an entirely non-essential holiday when Raffy was a mere few weeks old and hadn’t even had his first set of jabs? + 2 other trips to Italy last year when we were still very much in a pandemic....)

(and worrying about her milk supply of all things?!?! Jesus wept...I know breast milk is pretty marvellous but Christ just get a Hakka pump and milk yourself like a Jersey dairy cow in the bathroom to relieve yourself and consider formula in a bottle if he’s struggling to breathe whilst feeding, it isn’t rocket science...)

(AND that don’t get me started on that chintzy blouse....)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
5C5642AE-AEBB-4AF8-9C77-84BEBFE3E63F.png

‘I’m totally wiped’?!?!! REALLY? How do you think your poorly baby feels Grabby?
bleeping disgusting. She clearly hasn’t made it enough about herself. I have so much more I want to say on this but can’t even put it into words… oh except, grow the duck up you daft bint.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 829446
‘I’m totally wiped’?!?!! REALLY? How do you think your poorly baby feels Grabby?
bleeping disgusting. She clearly hasn’t made it enough about herself. I have so much more I want to say on this but can’t even put it into words… oh except, grow the duck up you daft bint.
And she's "allowed" eat chocolate if her baby has been in hospital?

duck off, grabby.

• Angry
Tell me you're an hole, whilst showing me you are an hole...

Grabby making use of an insta trend at the most inappropriate moment possible I see.

That blouse is still giving me nightmares. It is the ugliest trend imaginable and she has found the very worst example of it. Can anyone seriously be asking to know where its from? Is that so they can boycott the shop? Do not get me started on those nasty boots. Crikey.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.