RVK_Loves #33 not to worry my husband still earns 10 times more than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’ll be waffy in the bike basket next, she’s deranged! Also the poor thing is in bare legs and shorts, surely he needs to be more covered up and less exposed?
Also 100% they are not staying the night to save money so will be doing a long drive 😧 for that photo op
Yeah she said something about a day trip in the caption. So just a 3 hour round trip with a 3 week old baby to get some pics for the gram instead of keeping him safe and comfortable at home and going somewhere local to get out the house. And the award for the worst ever parents go to.. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That’s really shocking, she is not okay. From a comment it sounded like she can’t be in the house with Freya and finds her easier to manage outside? I don’t really understand that, any parents shed any light on that thinking?

Reactions: 11
That’s really shocking, she is not okay. From a comment it sounded like she can’t be in the house with Freya and finds her easier to manage outside? I don’t really understand that, any parents shed any light on that thinking?

I must say that I do feel the same with my little one who is a couple of months younger than Freya. He is a very energetic toddler and I find him really challenging in the house all day so we do have to get out every day but...

I only have one child
He is old enough to be in the car for longer and he isn't breastfeeding still
I'm not 3 weeks post partum
We rarely go anywhere more than an hour from home as he hates being in the car for too long.
Our house and garden is tiny so he has limited space fo run around

None of them are true for her

I cannot get my head around how she is getting out of the house so much with both of them nevermind why.

And if Freya is challenging in the house (which is super normal) then how is she in the car for 3 hours....that's worse than being in the house and more likely to impact on her behaviour and well being

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I bet Freya touches things and that house has death traps like the propped up shutters, as well as tchotchkes like the ice skates that Becky likes just so.

A lot less stressful for them all outdoors!

Reactions: 10
Yeah I found my eldest got really bored in the house for longer than an hour at Freya’s age. Now she’s three she’ll play for HOURS by herself making up little games, but not at 2. She was much better outside (you can imagine how fun March 2020 lockdown was for me with a nearly 2 year old a new born then 😳😳)

But they've got that ginormous garden and play platform thing he built and nearby allotment and ginormous parents house minutes away. And her husband at home. What gives? She doesn't look ok right now to me.

Reactions: 21
Grabby cannot say she's got cabin fever, as she's always out and about and/or at the barn, even during the height of the first of the lockdowns. It makes you wonder if she's bored of mucky mansions, it's been what 5-6 years since they purchased {and I use that word loosely} the 'most attractive house in the village' and {rushed & crappily} renovated it before she was 'knocked up or with 2 kiddies running around'... maybe she wants something new to play with?! Mucky mansion is nothing but a show house/a poncy interior magazine set ready to be photographed, it isn't a family house.

Grabby's certainly living up to the #havebabywilltravel smug tag she used to use ALL the time with Freya. Poor Waffy, no sooner was he propelled out her chute, he's been out and about virtually daily. He's not even a month old yet!

Reactions: 12
I feel like that about my kids. My toddler is such hard work in the house but so much easier being out, we do lots of big days out as we find it so much easier than being at home BUT I wasn't gallivanting around the country with a new born, especially to the beach, on a boat!! Like wtaf??!

It’s not rocket science with a toddler, she needs to keep it simple and manage Freya’s expectations. There’s no need for lots of big days out, far away and it’s quite telling if she’s using them to hide behind facing up to dealing with the {normal} demanding two year old. She could do with finding a gentler pace, go for a long local walk in the morning (getting the previous steps in), then it’s nap time maybe, lunch time, then some garden or local park time or grandparents house time then maybe another small nap, tea time, bath bed. Find a simple routine and stick to it, toddlers don’t appreciate the big gestures like we do. All that travelling will just be unsettling at an already unsettling time plus it’s unsustainable.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I had #twoundertwo and we went out every day to stop me and toddler going crazy. We didn’t go on a rowing boat or a two hour car drive though, we went to baby groups, to the shops and to see friends/ family.

Reactions: 20
I had #twoundertwo and we went out every day to stop me and toddler going crazy. We didn’t go on a rowing boat or a two hour car drive though, we went to baby groups, to the shops and to see friends/ family.
Exactly that sounds perfect. The baby can stay safely indoors still sleeping or having cuddles etc and the toddler gets to do something fun for themselves. I’m sure Freya loved the 10 minute boat trip but what else is there at Soho for a 2 year old?! I’m surprised they even allow children there to be honest. I’m fairly sure she would be more than happy with a local playground or walk in some woods. It’s all for grabby and her gram. No one else

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Exactly that sounds perfect. The baby can stay safely indoors still sleeping or having cuddles etc and the toddler gets to do something fun for themselves. I’m sure Freya loved the 10 minute boat trip but what else is there at Soho for a 2 year old?! I’m surprised they even allow children there to be honest. I’m fairly sure she would be more than happy with a local playground or walk in some woods. It’s all for grabby and her gram. No one else

Nail. On. The. Head.

It's all for her and the gram. I don't consider myself to be a very good mum a lot of the time but what I do know is that our activities are planned around what my 2 year old would enjoy. For example, we have a dog to walk every day and so we find places to go as a family where we can give our cocker spaniel a good run out but also where our little boy can explore or go on the playground etc. A coffee shop is also essential of course!

Something for everyone. And the earlier post about keeping it simple with toddlers...also so true. Imagine how all this gallivanting around is disturbing Freya's routine and her sleep.

Moreover why wouldn't you be craving being at home for her nap time so you get a proper break!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Grabby cannot say she's got cabin fever, as she's always out and about and/or at the barn, even during the height of the first of the lockdowns. It makes you wonder if she's bored of mucky mansions, it's been what 5-6 years since they purchased {and I use that word loosely} the 'most attractive house in the village' and {rushed & crappily} renovated it before she was 'knocked up or with 2 kiddies running around'... maybe she wants something new to play with?! Mucky mansion is nothing but a show house/a poncy interior magazine set ready to be photographed, it isn't a family house.

Grabby's certainly living up to the #havebabywilltravel smug tag she used to use ALL the time with Freya. Poor Waffy, no sooner was he propelled out her chute, he's been out and about virtually daily. He's not even a month old yet!
Propelled out her chute. Oh god 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Latest post - I hate the ‘just to be clear - Thomling toys is own product’…. What about all the rest of the gifted shite in that room!

Also, I doubt Freya is that over bothered about sharing her emotionally distant mother - prob more worried about those who do actually have a rapport with her!

• Haha
Latest post - I hate the ‘just to be clear - Thomling toys is own product’…. What about all the rest of the gifted shite in that room!

Also, I doubt Freya is that over bothered about sharing her emotionally distant mother - prob more worried about those who do actually have a rapport with her!
I know - so passive aggressive and it looks so out of place just added to the end of the already nonsense caption. She even starts the sentence with lower case so you are confused thinking she is still waffling on about her earlier point. To think this is her “job” 😂 as well!
Freya’s room now just looks like a junk shop as well.

• Haha
Oh here we go, the start of the 'I'm not ok right now' bullshittery

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Maybe the juggle wouldn’t be so hard if she wasn't gallivanting round the Home Counties ticking off pictures for the ‘gram. She’d find it a lot easier if she stayed home!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.