RVK_Loves #26 Cooking a baby, living the plywood dream, 10x more tiles than anyone's seen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really wish the ASA would get up to speed on affiliate links and enforce some rules on them. It’s a very sneaky way for instahuns to make significant sums of money.

Reactions: 14
Nothing new but just getting it off my chest...

- still shocked at the 'amazed at how well I'm doing' post a few days ago given how many people are openly really, really struggling at the moment. Esp after her awful 'I don't want to see other happy families' post a few weeks ago. She is literally insufferable.
- LOL at gleaning money off an nct friends recommendation by adding an aff link, she is shameless.
- I'm mad that everytime I now have a bath, I have this flash thought of 'oh gosh will this cook my baby' and then feel cross with myself that this silly girl has got in my brain.
- LOL that she had to pay for her own lick paint. The mighty really have fallen. This is what bugs me about these 'influences' - one year its all about this particular brand/make/company, then when they don't get offered a freebie, suddenly that brand is irrelevant/redundant. It is so transparent {esp with grabby, for various reasons}. Vitamins, paint, flower companies, advent calendars blah blah blah.
Totally agree ! First it was F&B, then it was Velspa? and now it's Lick. Like you say yaaaaawwwwwn blah blah blahhhhhh. The might definitely have fallen. You can tell the 'Influnecers' are struggling when they have revert to posting before and after photos of kitchen, utility, boot room, office or the whole house from years gone by ! They are missing their freebie brunches at The Ivy, their 'press launches' at White Comp. Boden 🤢 etc their freebie weekends in Cornwall to launch the next god awful Joules collection (does anyone e wear that stuff?). Ohhhh and they'll miss their Easter Wreath classes to promote Hobbycraft. Yep, the mighty have fallen ! It's laughable.

Not to turn this into a Lucy (P&P) rave thread but the difference between her and Grabs could not be more stark, she’s using get swipe ups to post links so people can help out the hospital staff from her hospital bed. I don’t think Grabs has done anything that selfless in her life.
Exactly. Chalk and Cheese. Grabby hasn't a charitable, empathetic bone in her body.

Reactions: 17
Totally agree ! First it was F&B, then it was Velspa? and now it's Lick. Like you say yaaaaawwwwwn blah blah blahhhhhh. The might definitely have fallen. You can tell the 'Influnecers' are struggling when they have revert to posting before and after photos of kitchen, utility, boot room, office or the whole house from years gone by ! They are missing their freebie brunches at The Ivy, their 'press launches' at White Comp. Boden 🤢 etc their freebie weekends in Cornwall to launch the next god awful Joules collection (does anyone e wear that stuff?). Ohhhh and they'll miss their Easter Wreath classes to promote Hobbycraft. Yep, the mighty have fallen ! It's laughable.

Exactly. Chalk and Cheese. Grabby hasn't a charitable, empathetic bone in her body.
Or Homebase paint, better than Farrow and Ball - from way back when: http://www.rosesandrolltops.co.uk/2014/09/makeover-lounge-transformation.html?m=1
681E7C0E-1BBD-45D0-8517-925BF9EB125F.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Copied the wallpaper? It was a popular one a few years ago!
She copied her last house decor pretty much from
Pinterest. She posted that she had sat down with Ben and agreed which ideas they’d use. The chimney breast being covered in that paper was one of them...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm gutted she hasn't been giving us all some upcyling tips to get us through lockdowns. My particular favourite is the incredibly complex upcycling of posh candle jars. I warn you, it's not easy to do, so read this carefully. Basically, you need to wash inside the jar, without getting any water on the 'look at me, I have posh candles' label, as it might then peel off leaving a small worthless jar. 😭 Then shove cotton buds in it (Part 1) and you've made, er, a glass jar, or shove a flower in it (Part 2) and abracadabra it's a vase! 👏🏻

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
All the above being said.... the old house was soooooooo much nicer than the current one.

I’ve lurked on these threads for a while. Beggy Becky and myself, used to mutually follow each other years and years ago. Back when I was half arsed about Insta.

RVK was one of the accounts that I followed, that made me feel pretty pants about myself.... she’s younger than me, had the big white wedding (I had a budget), the dream homes, the holidays, the husband earning 10x more.... It got to a point that I closed my relatively large account to ‘get away’ and start again with a smaller following... but she found me again 😩

Anyway, long story short, I returned to my original account and had my very longed for daughter. I guess I turned into a bit of a baby bore... as I noticed that after a couple of months she had unfollowed me. Along with THTMM, which came as a HUGE relief to me, because I could now unfollow THEM!
For some stupid reason, I had continued to follow them both, despite not liking their contact for a long time, out of some stupid loyalty for the original Insta days. When we first came across each other, with a couple of hundred followers.

HOW STUPID IS THAT?! Anyway, thanks to my daughter coming along. I saw the light; and my account is purely for me. Down to a couple of hundred followers, compared to a few thousand years ago.

And yeah, I was a bit of an F&B wanker in the day.... but actually I’ve repainted my whole house in Dulux, bar my daughter’s room. And I would do it again over F&B any day!

I’m very glad to read people that see through these girls. I thought it was just me; being jealous and a witch..... yay! I’m not alone!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm gutted she hasn't been giving us all some upcyling tips to get us through lockdowns. My particular favourite is the incredibly complex upcycling of posh candle jars. I warn you, it's not easy to do, so read this carefully. Basically, you need to wash inside the jar, without getting any water on the 'look at me, I have posh candles' label, as it might then peel off leaving a small worthless jar. 😭 Then shove cotton buds in it (Part 1) and you've made, er, a glass jar, or shove a flower in it (Part 2) and abracadabra it's a vase! 👏🏻
Is this the one where she says use a ‘crisp packet or something’ to wipe inside the glass? 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
All the above being said.... the old house was soooooooo much nicer than the current one.

I’ve lurked on these threads for a while. Beggy Becky and myself, used to mutually follow each other years and years ago. Back when I was half arsed about Insta.

RVK was one of the accounts that I followed, that made me feel pretty pants about myself.... she’s younger than me, had the big white wedding (I had a budget), the dream homes, the holidays, the husband earning 10x more.... It got to a point that I closed my relatively large account to ‘get away’ and start again with a smaller following... but she found me again 😩

Anyway, long story short, I returned to my original account and had my very longed for daughter. I guess I turned into a bit of a baby bore... as I noticed that after a couple of months she had unfollowed me. Along with THTMM, which came as a HUGE relief to me, because I could now unfollow THEM!
For some stupid reason, I had continued to follow them both, despite not liking their contact for a long time, out of some stupid loyalty for the original Insta days. When we first came across each other, with a couple of hundred followers.

HOW STUPID IS THAT?! Anyway, thanks to my daughter coming along. I saw the light; and my account is purely for me. Down to a couple of hundred followers, compared to a few thousand years ago.

And yeah, I was a bit of an F&B wanker in the day.... but actually I’ve repainted my whole house in Dulux, bar my daughter’s room. And I would do it again over F&B any day!

I’m very glad to read people that see through these girls. I thought it was just me; being jealous and a witch..... yay! I’m not alone!
Who is THTMM? Sorry that ones gone over my head

Reactions: 1
I think there are a lot of followers out there who don’t understand the AFF link details.
I didn’t until I came on here. Hate to think how much money I made for these greedy instas in the past 😠

Reactions: 5

Snipped to emphasise the 'Beggy Becky' bit. 🏅💯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.