RVK_Loves #14 Mersea Mersea Me...COVID19 Lockdown Doesnt Apply to Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t agree with this and think it’s unfair to say Rebecca needs therapy because she’s saying Motherhood can be tough. I sometimes get bored of seeing people’s perfect lives on IG so a bit of realness is refreshing but it’s comments like this that probably stop people being open and honest.

I can totally relate to the post she’s shared, just because she has a lovely home and doesn’t work a normal 40 hour work week doesn’t mean she can’t feel frustrated by how much her life has changed. I’m very lucky to have a lovely home, husband, little boy etc but I also really miss parts of my old life. I miss working and having something for me, I miss being spontaneous, having me time, I miss being able to nip to the shops without it being a 2 hour ordeal, I miss seeing so much of my friends, going out at night etc. But all that doesn’t mean I don’t love my life now, it doesn’t make me ungrateful for what I do have because I do feel extremely lucky but nothing can prepare you for motherhood and just how different your life becomes!
even before she had freya she wasnt content then either sadly. she cannot live in the moment shes always 25 steps ahead.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t agree with this and think it’s unfair to say Rebecca needs therapy because she’s saying Motherhood can be tough. I sometimes get bored of seeing people’s perfect lives on IG so a bit of realness is refreshing but it’s comments like this that probably stop people being open and honest.

I can totally relate to the post she’s shared, just because she has a lovely home and doesn’t work a normal 40 hour work week doesn’t mean she can’t feel frustrated by how much her life has changed. I’m very lucky to have a lovely home, husband, little boy etc but I also really miss parts of my old life. I miss working and having something for me, I miss being spontaneous, having me time, I miss being able to nip to the shops without it being a 2 hour ordeal, I miss seeing so much of my friends, going out at night etc. But all that doesn’t mean I don’t love my life now, it doesn’t make me ungrateful for what I do have because I do feel extremely lucky but nothing can prepare you for motherhood and just how different your life becomes!
tt

It’s fine to miss your old life and it’s fine to struggle with motherhood. It’s not fine to 1. Suggest you are the expert on parenting / childbirth and conception (making other mums feel crap.) 2. Feel those things but still present life as ‘Oh so dreamy’ (making other mums feel crap) 3. When you do acknowledge you may be struggling imply that it is because you are a working mumma / solo parenting and have it really hard.

Reactions: 26

I agree, life is never the same again and there are days I want to throw the towel in when everything gets too much, that is normal and in fact, too much positivity is also not normal but Rebecca just moans and moans every day about something. The weather, not enough company, the weather again, some normal baby issue. Most of us would just get on with it but Rebecca films it, writes it and uploads these grumbles every day. Why? Is it for sympathy, is it to validate her? I just don’t get it. We all feel blue, especially at this time but her tone sounds as if she’s struggling and it’s not a criticism of her at all if she is but maybe she should look inward at what she can do to regulate her moods instead of searching for it online 🤷🏻‍♀️

even before she had freya she wasnt content then either sadly. she cannot live in the moment shes always 25 steps ahead.
Agreed. She’s like a fecking yo-yo going from one extreme to the other...after becoming a new Mum myself (In a Pandemic too) I have had days where my partners been 12hrs+ at work and I’ve struggled to find time to myself, been living on very little sleep, frustrated I couldn’t meet up with family and friends and dare I say been almost a little envious of my furloughed friends who suddenly have free time to take up modern calligraphy, do virtual online wine tasting courses and go for 10mile hikes...but you know what, strong cups of tea and boring walks round the block usually do the trick. I think half of the problem with Grabs is the fact she puts enormous pressure on herself to be doing 10272 things each day of which 9831 have to be photo documented looking as aesthetically pleasing as possible

Agreed. She’s like a fecking yo-yo going from one extreme to the other...after becoming a new Mum myself (In a Pandemic too) I have had days where my partners been 12hrs+ at work and I’ve struggled to find time to myself, been living on very little sleep, frustrated I couldn’t meet up with family and friends and dare I say been almost a little envious of my furloughed friends who suddenly have free time to take up modern calligraphy, do virtual online wine tasting courses and go for 10mile hikes...but you know what, strong cups of tea and boring walks round the block usually do the trick. I think half of the problem with Grabs is the fact she puts enormous pressure on herself to be doing 10272 things each day of which 9831 have to be photo documented looking as aesthetically pleasing as possible
Virtual online wine tasting course 🤣 love it. I need to get me some of that!

I think you need to read allllllllll the RVK threads on here so you can understand why people have the opinions they have of Grabby. She is ‘open and honest’ to a degree which is why she pisses people off with her ‘oh woe is me its raining again and I can’t fanny about taking pics of roses’, or telling us her husband earns 10 times more than anyone else’s LADY! I could go on.....
I have 3 children and I know EXACTLY how hard it is and what a change it is to your life BUT I accepted this and got on with it while constantly reminding myself how lucky I am! Grabby is always looking for the next thing to give her a ‘lift’ and I honestly think she needs to start liking herself a bit more and realise happiness quite often comes from within....

Last edited:
Back in the day when grabby had a twitter account {which she swiftly deleted... mmm I can't think why 🤔 :LOL:}, some of her marvellous insightful tweets were screenshot and put on the 1st grabby thread. One of them stated {if you want to see the other twitter delights, go to the first thread Page 5 post 94}:-

@Rebecca {rvkloves}‏ @rkedgley 20 Jun 2015
Lol at flying from Stansted, spot the fake tan #essexcountry

@rianda99 this is why I can't bear to think about children yet. Babies yes but toddlers up ughhh
... think that tells you all you need to know. Freya isn't in the dependent on mumma for everything stage anymore and is starting to find her own independence like all babies do at that age... crawling, pulling herself up to see what's going on, refusing milk, isn't eating everything grabby puts in front of her etc. Grabby has to have control of everything, you can't do that with kids. Once Freya starts to walk, there's no way in hell that she'll sit still for the grammable shots and she'll also probably be restless on flights too because she won't want to be sat on mummas lap, all she'll want to do is be mobile. Becoming a parent is bloody hard, frustrating, your life just totally changes {for the better} and will never be the same again. There's no manual for you to follow. You have to go with your instincts. Appreciate every single day from the time they were born because before you know it, those baby/toddler years are gone and you'll have a lovely stroppy teenager to deal with.

*{I have been reading back on the previous threads that I missed as I didn't join tattle til August last year, currently perusing the 2nd one}

Reactions: 5
Back in the day when grabby had a twitter account {which she swiftly deleted... mmm I can't think why 🤔 :LOL:}, some of her marvellous insightful tweets were screenshot and put on the 1st grabby thread. One of them stated {if you want to see the other twitter delights, go to the first thread Page 5 post 94}:-

... think that tells you all you need to know. Freya isn't in the dependent on mumma for everything stage anymore and is starting to find her own independence like all babies do at that age... crawling, pulling herself up to see what's going on, refusing milk, isn't eating everything grabby puts in front of her etc. Grabby has to have control of everything, you can't do that with kids. Once Freya starts to walk, there's no way in hell that she'll sit still for the grammable shots and she'll also probably be restless on flights too because she won't want to be sat on mummas lap, all she'll want to do is be mobile. Becoming a parent is bloody hard, frustrating, your life just totally changes {for the better} and will never be the same again. There's no manual for you to follow. You have to go with your instincts. Appreciate every single day from the time they were born because before you know it, those baby/toddler years are gone and you'll have a lovely stroppy teenager to deal with.

*{I have been reading back on the previous threads that I missed as I didn't join tattle til August last year, currently perusing the 2nd one}
Ain’t that the truth! I have 2 😫😂

Reactions: 2

Totally agree. I always said it would get interesting when Freya was mobile. She has made it more difficult for herself too as her home isn’t child proof so she’s probably following her constantly to stop decorative ladders falling on her, stopping her from falling down the stairs or knocking herself out on the wood burner. All for the Gram.

Reactions: 8

I am a first time mum, baby born in September last year and I totally agree that motherhood is TOUGH. I've really really struggled and I am finding lockdown very hard BUT Grabby is doing nothing for the cause. My issue with her is, it is like it is tough when she wants it to be and when she wants everything to look perfect for the 'gram then it isn't tough. She is like a roller coaster...have a look at her feed...there are NEVER any "ok" days...it is either oh so dreamy/this guy/this chicklet/these peonies or...she is getting PND. Overwhelmingly most mums would say..there are a lot of days that are just average but she doesn't admit to that as it's no good for engagement.

Like the trip to Australia...was it 3 weeks they were away for? And the journey there and back and everything was PERFECT. Freya's sleep wasn't disturbed, she was an angel on the flight, she didn't whinge in the heat etc etc. I just don't believe that it's true.

Her breastfeeding journey...perfect.
Her birth...perfect.
Weaning...perfect.

I dont understand the character trait but there must be whole sections of negativity or regrets or whatever that she just wipes from her memory. Like, I had a good pregnancy and birth but there are still things I look back on and think...man I wish I hadn't done that or it's a shame we didn't do that...etc.

She's either ecstatic or depressed and it makes her completely impossible to relate to.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am a first time mum, baby born in September last year and I totally agree that motherhood is TOUGH. I've really really struggled and I am finding lockdown very hard BUT Grabby is doing nothing for the cause. My issue with her is, it is like it is tough when she wants it to be and when she wants everything to look perfect for the 'gram then it isn't tough. She is like a roller coaster...have a look at her feed...there are NEVER any "ok" days...it is either oh so dreamy/this guy/this chicklet/these peonies or...she is getting PND. Overwhelmingly most mums would say..there are a lot of days that are just average but she doesn't admit to that as it's no good for engagement.

Like the trip to Australia...was it 3 weeks they were away for? And the journey there and back and everything was PERFECT. Freya's sleep wasn't disturbed, she was an angel on the flight, she didn't whinge in the heat etc etc. I just don't believe that it's true.

Her breastfeeding journey...perfect.
Her birth...perfect.
Weaning...perfect.

I dont understand the character trait but there must be whole sections of negativity or regrets or whatever that she just wipes from her memory. Like, I had a good pregnancy and birth but there are still things I look back on and think...man I wish I hadn't done that or it's a shame we didn't do that...etc.

She's either ecstatic or depressed and it makes her completely impossible to relate to.
She also doesnt relate back to her followers. People leave her comments and her replies , if and when she does reply, seem distant, disingenuous, sometimes rude. No one is saying motherhood isnt hard but the days to most appreciate in life are the mundane days when everyone is healthy and you have family nearby. She is extremely lucky to have her baby, as a childless woman really i know.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She also doesnt relate back to her followers. People leave her comments and her replies , if and when she does reply, seem distant, disingenuous, sometimes rude. No one is saying motherhood isnt hard but the days to most appreciate in life are the mundane days when everyone is healthy and you have family nearby. She is extremely lucky to have her baby, as a childless woman really i know.

I am sorry if I spoke in a way that caused you any upset. I hope I didn't as I didn't mean to. I really appreciate how lucky I am. Grabby does not.

It's funny actually...I've really struggled mentally during lockdown. I don't have the best of mental health since my mum passed away very suddenly but I've managed to deal with tougher periods by throwing myself into work and the gym and my garden etc. I've struggled to manage my mental health during the lockdown partly because there is just too much time to spend thinking about things and I do wonder if thats part of her issue...she has no real structure to her days and she said recently that Freya naps for 2 hours in the afternoon...thats a long time to sit and think about things.

Reactions: 6
She always wants more, and never seems content. And as it's been said above she never seems to live in the moment or appear to be in any way carefree. I'm in my 30s and couldn't believe it when I first found out how young she is, it's like she's missed out on a whole fun chapter of life. Imagine curating your life to get a few likes on the gram. I'd much rather have good friends and enjoy my life!

Reactions: 10
I am sorry if I spoke in a way that caused you any upset. I hope I didn't as I didn't mean to. I really appreciate how lucky I am. Grabby does not.

It's funny actually...I've really struggled mentally during lockdown. I don't have the best of mental health since my mum passed away very suddenly but I've managed to deal with tougher periods by throwing myself into work and the gym and my garden etc. I've struggled to manage my mental health during the lockdown partly because there is just too much time to spend thinking about things and I do wonder if thats part of her issue...she has no real structure to her days and she said recently that Freya naps for 2 hours in the afternoon...thats a long time to sit and think about things.
No no you didnt upset me at all. I think people just get frustrated with rebecca as she appears to have it so good but yet if your mind is telling you otherwise basically youre fucked. And i believe this is what happens with her and i think therapy could really benefit her.

As for you i wish you the best and keep going. Youre doung great every day im sure and it cant be easy x

Reactions: 3
The solution to Freya growing up and requiring more attention, will be another baby 💯
She can then use the excuse of “pregnancy” and “feeding/ holding ” the new baby to palm Freya off to Benpecked ( who I expect already does every thing anyway- that doesn’t need a photo )her mum or a nursery

Reactions: 8
Russell Kane’s latest IGTV rant, about halfway through he encapsulates almost exactly Grabby and her over sharing issue. Very funny.

Reactions: 1
Getting her ‘BLM’ literature from Hunters and Heels... who has been desperately sharing BIPOC accounts so she doesn’t look racist... we all remember that very diverse Mother’s Day weekend with Joules!

You couldn’t make it up!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Getting her ‘BLM’ literature from Hunters and Heels... who has been desperately sharing BIPOC accounts so she doesn’t look racist... we all remember that very diverse Mother’s Day weekend with Joules!

You couldn’t make it up!
yeppp and what have joules done..nothing

You couldn’t make it up!
Oh forgive me 5 hrs ago they chucked a pic of a black girl on the grid!

Latest post: What she actually means is baby nap time is her favourite time of day

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.