Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HashtagRealTalk

Hi Grabs 👋🏽 I re-wrote your post for you...

“Happy Friday. I’m taking a pause in posting for a bit {I’m going to go to The Winchester for a nice, cold pint and wait for all this [#BLM movement] to blow over...and by The Winchester I mean Mummas house...and by pint, I mean a cold glass of #kindlygifted cordial...}.

My phone photos stand at 127,418 {I can’t upload 125,643 of them because they show me flouting lockdown rules with the fam...and the remaining 1775 were of my dreamy, #ohEngland, daisy-field picnic which are now unlikely to make it past the virtual cutting room floor...}

My long-standing, well loved laptop is on its last legs and so I need to work out if it can be saved or if I need to buy a new one {GIFT ME ONE PLEASE}

And Freya’s Ikea playkitchen has arrived which Ben and I want to hack as a birthday project for her in just a few short weeks... {FUCK YOU SCANDIBORN AND GREAT LITTLE TRADING COMPANY FOR NOT GIFTING ME A PLAYKITCHEN - I HOPE THE GLOBAL RECESSION WIPES YOUR SORRY LITTLE ARSES...Also did I mention it’s my child’s birthday coming up? Those birthday presents, decorations and cake aren’t go to pay for themselves...}

But in addition to all those frivolous tasks that I feel so privileged to do, I really want to educate myself on everything I’ve seen and read this week...The real work starts offline. {I suppose I better acknowledge everything going on so I will put “READ ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE” on my ‘To Do’ list....after ‘de-scaling the kettle’ and ‘filling in my tax returns’ of course...}

Back Soon {See ya’ll on Sunday night where I’ll be sure to fill you in on what fibre-laden culinary delights me, This little Chicklet and This Guy consumed over the weekend...}

Obviously as a serious note, If she is indeed going to go away and come back with a renewed way of diversifying her platform then that would be great...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Overitalready

Long time lurker, only posted a couple of times. Finally had to unfollow. She genuinely doesn’t give a crap about race. She can’t see or acknowledge her white privilege. That’s me trying to educate her, fair enough I did indirect her by saying ‘people think I’m a terrorist’ but it wasn’t a lie. She will NEVER understand how that feels and to know she is one of the people who would make me feel that way? I’m honestly fed up of it all. My niece was only 2/3 years old when she first heard the word p a k i that’s the kind of world we live in. But hey, you just jump on a bandwagon bex, and now that’s over post lots of pictures to move on until you can delete that picture when it’s safe to do so. Don’t be coming up with the bullshit excuses that you made a genuine mistake and people are jumping down your throat. No, you were ignorant and did a quick copy and paste job to join in on the latest trend. Do you not see that by posting a nelson Mandela quote as a MLK one is an issue?? Not being funny, how the HELL did you graduate? Did you not have to reference in your 3 years at uni? Hold on, let me take a post from your blog and credit Courtney. Same thing right? What’s the issue. It’s a ‘genuine unfortunate mistake’ 🤭 i see your standard bullshit on a regular basis, you literally don’t bring anything positive or new to anyone’s life. I’ll continue following people who are positive and I can learn from. ✌🏽👋🏽
How long will this last?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Willow1

Thread suggestion: queuing outside primark as soon as lockdown's lifted, can't afford anything else unless it's #kindlygifted

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

HashtagRealTalk

Weekend Grabby = Photos of her skipping through dreamy fields of wildflowers next to sparkling freshwater streams. Wearing a floaty summer dress at the first sign of an “oh summer” sunny interval, clutching her straw hat in one hand and Freya-bey-Bentos-chopsy-Chicklet in the other {who is severely underdressed in a drab, 1950s-esque-floral-curtain-print romper with half her pale skin exposed to the elements}. Caption to say she is having the dreamiest, bestest day ever with “this guy” plus unidentified “friends” and that her weekend is x10 better and instagramable than everyone else’s...

Monday morning Grabby: Benpecked back to the grind. Now believes she is a single parent. Times are hard. Freya is teething/not sleeping/not napping enough/not feeding enough/feeding too much/wanting to play too much/feeling too sleepy/basically being a baby FFS. Need to boost engagement with followers so asks motherhood related question to seem relatable. Oh shit must mention something BLM movement related so posts up a photo without any mention of anything related to the movement itself...tick in the box for diversity for the week......up next a barrage of swipe ups and kindly gifted shit.....

And repeat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

HashtagRealTalk

Time for another Grabby Caption Translation:

I have this thing with Beach Huts {#andbeingatotalCunt}. Last week we joined Ben when he drove to Suffolk for something he had to pick up for work, as i’d wanted to go back to Southwold, one of my favourite beaches in England {ongoing global pandemics and racial murders and protests doesn’t fit with the pastel aesthetics of my ‘gram feed, so I told “This Guy” to pretend to be picking some tatt up from Suffolk that inexplicably couldn’t otherwise be available in the Kings Langley vicinity or delivered by DPD courier...}
The sand was so soft. {can’t think of any other adjectives here}
The beach was nearly empty and the town has a successful one way high street blah blah blah {Better make up some shit to show that we were social distancing and following Government guidelines after MummasHouse-Gate}
Feels like ages ago with these grey summer days but these are the photos I wanted on my feed {so long ago that maybe people will have forgotten that also last week my child had a temperature and I made a concerned phone call to 111, So technically shouldn’t have been gallivanting around the British seaside spreading potential deadly virus’ but that ‘gram content isn’t going to curate itself........}
#RVKLOVESTOTRAVELEVENINAPANDEMIC

Also on a side note but put some fucking socks on your child. You might think her chubby feet look cute but to me they just look bloody freezing all the time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Doing a quick double take of this pic this morning my first thought was not that this is a woman feeding her baby. It looks like shes having a rummage 😯
Screenshot_20200622-114333_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

AerieFaerie

I’ve never felt compelled to say anything on these posts before, but me oh my... limiting comments on a blackout Tuesday post is BEYOND. Hun, the whole movement (and yes, it’s a movement, not a bloody bandwagon) is about discourse and open discussion. About checking your privilege and white fragility. It’s time to grow and learn, not shut down discussion. She’s like King Langley’s own mini Trump, FFS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

HashtagRealTalk

If I was in her {ridiculously oversized and stood at a socially distanced 2metres apart} shoes I would own the genuine mistake and use that as my starting paragraph for a new Blog post on “Reflections on Blackout Tuesday..”...Something along the lines of “On Blackout Tuesday I made a faux pas of epic proportions by muddling up quotes from two, black, influential male leaders. Whilst I could probably blame it on baby-related sleep deprivation, in reality it openly highlights the gaps in my own knowledge of black history and my lack of understanding as a white, middle class female...” THERE. Boom. No buts and no excuses, she could then talk about her own thoughts and insights going forwards...albeit buying Freya a load of new books or listening to a podcast.
If you need me to write for you grabby just let me know, I charge by the hour and am not afraid of punctuation marks either 🙋🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Obviously to her it’s just “some black guy said this” she is literally proving the point of today.
"You know , the black guy? The one people what are educated always quote{?} That went to prison...or did he die{?} No wait he went to prison then died...in prison{?} Yeah him. He said something one time I fink{?}"

*control c, control v*

"There I've copied and pasted somefink, thats my bit done for racial equality and justice done. I mean , what can I even do to help minorities suffering from injustice{?} It's not like Ive got a law degree and endless time on my hands"

- Rebecca Stirling...or Martin Luther King, I'm not sure who said the above

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

DigitalA

Yesterday's story: life is glorious, we had pizza and ice cream, we picked fruit at the allotment, everything is rosy, my life is better than yours.

Today's post: I'm so tired and overwhelmed because Freya has been ill *all weekend*

Well if she was that ill why on earth did you drag her around Hampstead just to get a picture of an ice cream cone for Instagram?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Katiearchiedan

I don’t agree with this and think it’s unfair to say Rebecca needs therapy because she’s saying Motherhood can be tough. I sometimes get bored of seeing people’s perfect lives on IG so a bit of realness is refreshing but it’s comments like this that probably stop people being open and honest.

I can totally relate to the post she’s shared, just because she has a lovely home and doesn’t work a normal 40 hour work week doesn’t mean she can’t feel frustrated by how much her life has changed. I’m very lucky to have a lovely home, husband, little boy etc but I also really miss parts of my old life. I miss working and having something for me, I miss being spontaneous, having me time, I miss being able to nip to the shops without it being a 2 hour ordeal, I miss seeing so much of my friends, going out at night etc. But all that doesn’t mean I don’t love my life now, it doesn’t make me ungrateful for what I do have because I do feel extremely lucky but nothing can prepare you for motherhood and just how different your life becomes!

I am a first time mum, baby born in September last year and I totally agree that motherhood is TOUGH. I've really really struggled and I am finding lockdown very hard BUT Grabby is doing nothing for the cause. My issue with her is, it is like it is tough when she wants it to be and when she wants everything to look perfect for the 'gram then it isn't tough. She is like a roller coaster...have a look at her feed...there are NEVER any "ok" days...it is either oh so dreamy/this guy/this chicklet/these peonies or...she is getting PND. Overwhelmingly most mums would say..there are a lot of days that are just average but she doesn't admit to that as it's no good for engagement.

Like the trip to Australia...was it 3 weeks they were away for? And the journey there and back and everything was PERFECT. Freya's sleep wasn't disturbed, she was an angel on the flight, she didn't whinge in the heat etc etc. I just don't believe that it's true.

Her breastfeeding journey...perfect.
Her birth...perfect.
Weaning...perfect.

I dont understand the character trait but there must be whole sections of negativity or regrets or whatever that she just wipes from her memory. Like, I had a good pregnancy and birth but there are still things I look back on and think...man I wish I hadn't done that or it's a shame we didn't do that...etc.

She's either ecstatic or depressed and it makes her completely impossible to relate to.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

DigitalA

'i went get some oats from our *overflow pantry* and two bottles of our favourite *cordial* fell out??!!!..she's just a parody of herself now! Thats one for 'overheard in Waitrose' good lord.

• Haha

#previouslygifted

Chatty Member
I don’t agree with this and think it’s unfair to say Rebecca needs therapy because she’s saying Motherhood can be tough. I sometimes get bored of seeing people’s perfect lives on IG so a bit of realness is refreshing but it’s comments like this that probably stop people being open and honest.

I can totally relate to the post she’s shared, just because she has a lovely home and doesn’t work a normal 40 hour work week doesn’t mean she can’t feel frustrated by how much her life has changed. I’m very lucky to have a lovely home, husband, little boy etc but I also really miss parts of my old life. I miss working and having something for me, I miss being spontaneous, having me time, I miss being able to nip to the shops without it being a 2 hour ordeal, I miss seeing so much of my friends, going out at night etc. But all that doesn’t mean I don’t love my life now, it doesn’t make me ungrateful for what I do have because I do feel extremely lucky but nothing can prepare you for motherhood and just how different your life becomes!
tt

It’s fine to miss your old life and it’s fine to struggle with motherhood. It’s not fine to 1. Suggest you are the expert on parenting / childbirth and conception (making other mums feel crap.) 2. Feel those things but still present life as ‘Oh so dreamy’ (making other mums feel crap) 3. When you do acknowledge you may be struggling imply that it is because you are a working mumma / solo parenting and have it really hard.

HashtagRealTalk

People love to talk about their kids and she knows it - hence the onslaught of question marks in the past year on all of her Freya photos to communicate with alllllllllll her followers {increase her engagement}.

With “maternity leave” coming to an end (lols), a global pandemic likely to have repercussions on the saturated influencer market and a host of dreamy travels for the next 6 months cancelled I wouldn’t be surprised if the magical-fertile-bee-pollen is being sprinkled on their bircher museli as we speak... #babybeenumbertwoinprogress #liebackandthinkoftheGram

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24

Sundance

New thread suggestion...

Let me have picnics, let me shop, let me endanger my daughter for a photo op.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Bgr101

VIP Member
I’ve been blocked now 😂😂😂

Looks likes she’s also deleted the comment of the lady who called out her mistake too.
grabby..... editing the truth is one of the reasons people are standing up today!!!! You can’t erase history or deny people their opinion. You do this every day by white washing your instagram!!!
They are all hypocrites. For example when the insta huns go off with joules for a paid trip away for a weekend i dont recall ever seeing any black people invited on those trips. They live in a white privileged bubble of freebies, peonies and picnics. BS

• Heart
Reactions: 23