RVK Loves #9 Who cares that the baby is freezing, so long as it's aesthetically pleasing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Hoovering always feels like the most satisfying chore?" 🙄

When not advertising a Hoover she probably shouldn't use Hoover as a verb.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I had my first baby in October. In ante-natal visits they pushed the concept of breastfeeding, I said I would try it but wasn’t going to get hung up on it if it didn’t work. Just as well I had that mindset. My baby was so bothered with mucus that she just could not and would not latch on for anyone. No midwife could get her to feed from me. Not in the hospital, not when home. I expressed for the first six weeks and then gave her a really good organic British infant formula. She is a thriving wee chunk and from about week 5 was sleeping through the night. I’m glad I didn’t let the comments of the community midwives / health visitors get to me because you could really let yourself believe that you’ve let your baby down by not being able to breastfeed them 😑. Aye it’s great if it happens, but If it doesn’t, oh well. It’s not the end of the world. One home midwife poo-pooed me when I said I was expressing. Her exact words were; “Nobody has time for expressing, it’s only good for a Friday night if you want to have a drink over the weekend.” And not forgetting her conversation starter; “Well, I’m not judgggging mums who formula feed buttt....” 😑😑
I took the mountain of breastfeeding literature and chucked it, because it literally was of no benefit to me. My daughter got six weeks of my expressed milk, so I won’t beat myself up. Best of it all was I enjoyed pumping. As long as baby is fed and cared for, what does it matter the method! End of!
Brilliant post. Good for you! 💪🏻👏🏻 xx

Reactions: 2
Her writing is appalling. No proper sentences. The random questions marks everywhere. I gave up reading it after 2 mins. Who actually reads this tit?!

Reactions: 7
I just want to say for any new mothers. This. This and this entirely. It's OK as long as your baby's tiny belly is full and happy be it breast milk or formula no matter how it's done. You're also lucky to get a decent midwife or health visitor. Honestly, one that is willing to help you when you're home like this is one in a million.
I'm so glad you went into that mindset especially if your little one was poorly. I think breastfeeding is more complicated than normal birth in most cases. It seems so simple, yet it's a minefield. When I had my daughter, the community midwife was friends with a girl I knew from work. (Like very close) and the girl stole my daughter's name.(I had told her it at 20 weeks and our babies were born the same day). The midwife asked the name and I told her X stole it and we didn't have one now for our little girl. She did nothing but yell at me. " THEY HAD IT FIRST BLAH BLAH BLAH" I know for a fact they didn't. When I asked after about support with breastfeeding and that it was very painful and she wasn't latching properly - she told me to get on with it. My milk never came in and my little girl was literally starving. There's no support when you get home and no books will prepare you for the reality you'll face as it's different for all
I feel so sorry for you that someone stole your babies name. crappy thing to do.
Great post though 🙌🏻 xx

Reactions: 3
Her writing is appalling. No proper sentences. The random questions marks everywhere. I gave up reading it after 2 mins. Who actually reads this tit?!
Probably no one. But she’s got to fill allllllll her days with something so why not write drivel?

Translation:

AD {because the pizza and gelato on our next “winter sun” holiday isn’t going to pay for itself...}

The secret to a tidy house with a baby who loves baby-led weaning...a handheld vacuum {so if your cold, drizzly January Monday was already going terribly here’s a photo of me looking super smug in my neat and tidied abode with a smiling baby under one arm and a cordless vacuum in the other...just to make you feel even more super-wanky about yourselves and your less than tidy dwellings...oh and did I mention Frey-Chopsy-ThisLittleChick-Bee has taken to weaning like a champion?}

It’s SO much easier than having to get our old hoover out of the cellar and unwrap all the cord and plug it in only for it not to reach the rest of the kitchen {because our kitchen is x10 bigger than yours which coincidentally is because my husband earns x10 more than yours {lady}...}

Hoovering always feels like the most satisfying chore? {I’ll
Stick in a question mark to spark some chore-related engagement from fellow Insta-housewives...}

THE 1950s CALLED, THEY WANT THEIR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN BACK...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
How long until she deletes this comment? Shows she probably doesn’t ever clean or knows how to!
There are more now! It’s hilarious. Bet there is some panicky comms with Capsule PR right now 🤣 Good job Freya is such a peach that she will just be rolling around happily not getting into any bother...

• Haha
Reactions: 1
There are more now! It’s hilarious. Bet there is some panicky comms with Capsule PR right now 🤣 Good job Freya is such a peach that she will just be rolling around happily not getting into any bother...
Frey Peachy Bentos.

I feel so sorry for you that someone stole your babies name. crappy thing to do.
Great post though 🙌🏻 xx
It taught me a lesson to keep my mouth shut. I have a 2 year old son (almost) and she's recently had a baby boy. Coincidently with the same name and I've never heard his name anywhere else local anyway. It's not common. Just goes to show she really has no creativity when it comes to naming children.
Speaking of names, I'm so shocked still Grabby picked Freya? Not that it isn't nice. I was just expecting more Clementine or Alice or something being as though she was frightened Meghan and Harry would have had it first 🤔

• Haha
So her breastfeeding blog post is ‘probably bordering on oversharing’? Nah Grabby. You ventured into oversharing when you posted the pic of yourself in labour with your nappy clad arse in the air 👌🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It taught me a lesson to keep my mouth shut. I have a 2 year old son (almost) and she's recently had a baby boy. Coincidently with the same name and I've never heard his name anywhere else local anyway. It's not common. Just goes to show she really has no creativity when it comes to naming children.
Speaking of names, I'm so shocked still Grabby picked Freya? Not that it isn't nice. I was just expecting more Clementine or Alice or something being as though she was frightened Meghan and Harry would have had it first 🤔
The first time I really heard of the name Freya was when Kirsty Young, ex newsreader and wife of Nick Jones, the owner of Soho Farmhouse and other clubs, named her daughter Freya.

The first time I really heard of the name Freya was when Kirsty Young, ex newsreader and wife of Nick Jones, the owner of Soho Farmhouse and other clubs, named her daughter Freya.
I've heard it around me for years, it's really popular with little girl's where I live. It was something my husband wouldn't let go of as we couldn't decide a name, he was desperate for Freya. In the end, we picked Florence after my great grandma. Which is ridiculously popular too.

I’m in a couple of due date groups and Freya was pretty popular in there around May/June this year. I was surprised she chose it too- I like the name but definitely expected something ‘prettier’ and maybe floral

Reactions: 4
I've heard it around me for years, it's really popular with little girl's where I live. It was something my husband wouldn't let go of as we couldn't decide a name, he was desperate for Freya. In the end, we picked Florence after my great grandma. Which is ridiculously popular too.
Are you in Scotland? John Peel named one of his children Florence (Flossie for short) - just checked and she was born 1982 - when it wasn't popular. I used to work with him. I like the way the French pronounce it.

Last edited:
She is celebrating being able to go to the gym, a walk and make a fish pie because she's had a good night's sleep. What does she think people with real jobs/lives do after a bad nights sleep? Much more than that I can guarantee. I just can't get over how out of touch she is!

Reactions: 12
Jesus, that bloody coat paired with maxi skirt and wellies (clashing leopard prints no less)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.