RVK Loves #9 Who cares that the baby is freezing, so long as it's aesthetically pleasing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read it and what struck me is that it was like all the other blogs I read pre-baby about breastfeeding which did nothing to prepare me for the reality. The whole blocked duct thing - I think most women do their best to avoid it happening and if they do get one try all they can to stop it developing into mastitis. I know I did. But when it happens in the middle of the night with no prior warning, not much you can do! I then was given antibiotics which I had an allergic reaction to meaning I was up the next night vomiting with a screaming baby. I get that if her experience was straightforward, then there isn't anything she can do to change that and good for her but it just comes across preachy (as always).

I'm due my 3rd in June and there's a chance they want to bring her much earlier as I'm high risk so I'm desperate to feed her myself. The support for BF here is none existant. Even with groups, midwives etc. I've always had trouble BF but my god I switched off reading it. I've tried so so hard to read it but it's just drivel.
Obviously Freya is going to latch well straight away and she is going to have no problems. 🙄 Its just one big brag with a slight disclaimer at the beginning so she doesn't sound too condescending? Is that the word?

Edit. Ok. I read it through. Despite tongue tie, still seemed really easy for her. Of course it was. She doesn't talk about the fact that sometimes it can be so painful and a lot of mothers are left sobbing trying to hard to breast feed despite being in so much pain trying to.
This last part - I used to sob every time my husband said 'I think she needs feeding' The pain was so overwhelming, it made my whole body seize up. I managed to push through it but my God I wouldn't begrudge anyone if they stopped at that point because I came close so many times.

Reactions: 7
I didn't read the blog, but my god it was so long I got bored just scrolling through trying to reach the bottom!

Reactions: 1
Why would any couple take THAT many pictures of the mother breastfeeding. Maybe a handful yes, but call me a troll - I'd rather take more of my baby's face. They really are the oddest couple. I think you can write a blog post without 800 pictures of a rucked up shirt and a baby cheek to get your point across.

Also I'm SO glad she mentions where she read the La Leche book. Luckily it was the Maldives. Probably wouldn't have been such a good guide if she had been reading it on the bus as it hurtled through Dagenham or Wigan.

Final thought now I'm on a ranting role... Why does she cry about things constantly? Crying with pride, crying with joy etc etc? And the Liberty lift "Good job mama" nonsense? Even worse. Hey Rebegga, women the world over, yes even ones of a skin tone that makes you shudder, have been successfully feeding their babies for millennia. They're all doing a good job, as are the bottle feeders. But the rest of us just get on with it without needing constant praise.
Harrumph...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Why would any couple take THAT many pictures of the mother breastfeeding. Maybe a handful yes, but call me a troll - I'd rather take more of my baby's face. They really are the oddest couple. I think you can write a blog post without 800 pictures of a rucked up shirt and a baby cheek to get your point across.

Also I'm SO glad she mentions where she read the La Leche book. Luckily it was the Maldives. Probably wouldn't have been such a good guide if she had been reading it on the bus as it hurtled through Dagenham or Wigan.

Final thought now I'm on a ranting role... Why does she cry about things constantly? Crying with pride, crying with joy etc etc? And the Liberty lift "Good job mama" nonsense? Even worse. Hey Rebegga, women the world over, yes even ones of a skin tone that makes you shudder, have been successfully feeding their babies for millennia. They're all doing a good job, as are the bottle feeders. But the rest of us just get on with it without needing constant praise.
Harrumph...
Breast feeding travel consultant expertsfrom a village in Herts only travel in the best places.

Reactions: 1
So... gifted pump - packed away won’t use again. Vitamins (allll the vitamins) gave Freya lip tie. The gifted feeding pillow - not really necessary. How are companies paying her to advertise? She is so bad at it!

But glad she fed in ‘dreamy’ locations with ‘oxytocin flowing’... ffs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I just... I’m lost for words. Of course everything was amazing, of course everything was straight forward, of course Freya Bentos never got nipple confusion or bottle preference from everyone else feeding her or the shields, and of course using all the {kindly gifted} pumps before the recommended 6 weeks didn’t give her a problem with oversupply

So self indulgent! And a pretty quick turnaround from crying over a lost draft of the blog post to publishing allllllll the thoughts and photos a few hours later

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm due my 3rd in June and there's a chance they want to bring her much earlier as I'm high risk so I'm desperate to feed her myself. The support for BF here is none existant. Even with groups, midwives etc. I've always had trouble BF but my god I switched off reading it. I've tried so so hard to read it but it's just drivel.
Obviously Freya is going to latch well straight away and she is going to have no problems. 🙄 Its just one big brag with a slight disclaimer at the beginning so she doesn't sound too condescending? Is that the word?

Edit. Ok. I read it through. Despite tongue tie, still seemed really easy for her. Of course it was. She doesn't talk about the fact that sometimes it can be so painful and a lot of mothers are left sobbing trying to hard to breast feed despite being in so much pain trying to.
I had my first baby in October. In ante-natal visits they pushed the concept of breastfeeding, I said I would try it but wasn’t going to get hung up on it if it didn’t work. Just as well I had that mindset. My baby was so bothered with mucus that she just could not and would not latch on for anyone. No midwife could get her to feed from me. Not in the hospital, not when home. I expressed for the first six weeks and then gave her a really good organic British infant formula. She is a thriving wee chunk and from about week 5 was sleeping through the night. I’m glad I didn’t let the comments of the community midwives / health visitors get to me because you could really let yourself believe that you’ve let your baby down by not being able to breastfeed them 😑. Aye it’s great if it happens, but If it doesn’t, oh well. It’s not the end of the world. One home midwife poo-pooed me when I said I was expressing. Her exact words were; “Nobody has time for expressing, it’s only good for a Friday night if you want to have a drink over the weekend.” And not forgetting her conversation starter; “Well, I’m not judgggging mums who formula feed buttt....” 😑😑
I took the mountain of breastfeeding literature and chucked it, because it literally was of no benefit to me. My daughter got six weeks of my expressed milk, so I won’t beat myself up. Best of it all was I enjoyed pumping. As long as baby is fed and cared for, what does it matter the method! End of!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So... gifted pump - packed away won’t use again. Vitamins (allll the vitamins) gave Freya lip tie. The gifted feeding pillow - not really necessary. How are companies paying her to advertise? She is so bad at it!

But glad she fed in ‘dreamy’ locations with ‘oxytocin flowing’... ffs.
Gifted pumpS, 2 of them, £500 worth of kit ‘ah I didn’t need them so they’re packed away’
.... OR you could donate them to a local breastfeeding charity for mums who’s babies are really poorly, or who haven’t found the whole thing as magical as you and who need a bit of help feeding their babies

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Also the baby weight didn’t ‘fall off’ from breastfeeding - it fell off after her incessant restrictive eating.

Also the baby weight didn’t ‘fall off’ from breastfeeding - it fell off after her incessant restrictive eating.
Yep, this! If she really ate allllll the cake {and worlds best Costco brownies} like she’d have us believe, it would be a very different story im sure...... and nope I’m absolutely not jealous that 8 months down the line I’m the same weight as I was a week after birth 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
The weight 'falling off' due to breast feeding is a massive myth. She has a massively restrictive diet and i don't believe for one minute she eats more than a morsel of the cake she claims to eat daily.

on another note - yesterday she was allll the happy because Ben could feed the baby for her in the morning which made a nice change from allll the rushing around. Where exactly does she rush to ? If it takes Freya an hour to eat breakfast on a Monday morning does it matter ? You have NO JOB Rebecca, rushing is called leaving the house, in the dark to take the baby to nursery so you and your husband can do a full day's work before picking the baby up at 6pm - in the dark again to rush home before doing it alllll again tomorrow. Goodness, imagine - no you can't.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Harrumph...
[QUOTE="Skewbedu, post: 781763

[/QUOTE]
She’s an insufferable snob. Of course the Maldives has to be mentioned.

Reactions: 10
This last part - I used to sob every time my husband said 'I think she needs feeding' The pain was so overwhelming, it made my whole body seize up. I managed to push through it but my God I wouldn't begrudge anyone if they stopped at that point because I came close so many times.
[/QUOTE]

It can be so so difficult. With my daughter especially (1st baby) I remember sat on bed sobbing it was that bad and my husband told me to stop. I managed 5 weeks. I have pcos and my milk never came in. She was literally starving. Then my midwife came over and told me to just get on with it. She was vile though. It'll always be smooth sailing for Rebecca.

Reactions: 3
The weight 'falling off' due to breast feeding is a massive myth. She has a massively restrictive diet and i don't believe for one minute she eats more than a morsel of the cake she claims to eat daily.

on another note - yesterday she was allll the happy because Ben could feed the baby for her in the morning which made a nice change from allll the rushing around. Where exactly does she rush to ? If it takes Freya an hour to eat breakfast on a Monday morning does it matter ? You have NO JOB Rebecca, rushing is called leaving the house, in the dark to take the baby to nursery so you and your husband can do a full day's work before picking the baby up at 6pm - in the dark again to rush home before doing it alllll again tomorrow. Goodness, imagine - no you can't.
She hasn’t got a fecking clue. She is very lucky to be in the position she is! I went back to work when my baby was 11 months old, commuting into London. That is rushing around, getting baby to childminder’s by 7.30am to get the train at 8am to be in work by 9am. Then not getting back to pick up baby until 6.30pm, home, bath and put baby to bed. Then having to cook dinner and making lunch/dinner for my baby for the next day. I didn’t sit down until gone 9pm! And baby was still waking once or twice in the night until 2 years old. Plus my husband worked very long hours during the week including every Saturday so I did pretty much all of this on my own. I was utterly exhausted, almost constantly, for almost 3 years. I had no choice, I had to go back to work. She does not live in the real world.

Reactions: 16
I had my first baby in October. In ante-natal visits they pushed the concept of breastfeeding, I said I would try it but wasn’t going to get hung up on it if it didn’t work. Just as well I had that mindset. My baby was so bothered with mucus that she just could not and would not latch on for anyone. No midwife could get her to feed from me. Not in the hospital, not when home. I expressed for the first six weeks and then gave her a really good organic British infant formula. She is a thriving wee chunk and from about week 5 was sleeping through the night. I’m glad I didn’t let the comments of the community midwives / health visitors get to me because you could really let yourself believe that you’ve let your baby down by not being able to breastfeed them 😑. Aye it’s great if it happens, but If it doesn’t, oh well. It’s not the end of the world. One home midwife poo-pooed me when I said I was expressing. Her exact words were; “Nobody has time for expressing, it’s only good for a Friday night if you want to have a drink over the weekend.” And not forgetting her conversation starter; “Well, I’m not judgggging mums who formula feed buttt....” 😑😑
I took the mountain of breastfeeding literature and chucked it, because it literally was of no benefit to me. My daughter got six weeks of my expressed milk, so I won’t beat myself up. Best of it all was I enjoyed pumping. As long as baby is fed and cared for, what does it matter the method! End of!
I just want to say for any new mothers. This. This and this entirely. It's OK as long as your baby's tiny belly is full and happy be it breast milk or formula no matter how it's done. You're also lucky to get a decent midwife or health visitor. Honestly, one that is willing to help you when you're home like this is one in a million.
I'm so glad you went into that mindset especially if your little one was poorly. I think breastfeeding is more complicated than normal birth in most cases. It seems so simple, yet it's a minefield. When I had my daughter, the community midwife was friends with a girl I knew from work. (Like very close) and the girl stole my daughter's name.(I had told her it at 20 weeks and our babies were born the same day). The midwife asked the name and I told her X stole it and we didn't have one now for our little girl. She did nothing but yell at me. " THEY HAD IT FIRST BLAH BLAH BLAH" I know for a fact they didn't. When I asked after about support with breastfeeding and that it was very painful and she wasn't latching properly - she told me to get on with it. My milk never came in and my little girl was literally starving. There's no support when you get home and no books will prepare you for the reality you'll face as it's different for all

Reactions: 6

Harrumph...
she needs to show her high level of emotional intelligence - but she wrote Le Leche and not La Leche.

• Haha
Gifted pumpS, 2 of them, £500 worth of kit ‘ah I didn’t need them so they’re packed away’
.... OR you could donate them to a local breastfeeding charity for mums who’s babies are really poorly, or who haven’t found the whole thing as magical as you and who need a bit of help feeding their babies
This will end up on ebay. I'd LOVE to know her ebay handle. zero way 2 have been packed away - she'll be coining in on them. SPECIMEN.

Reactions: 2

She followed up the post about barely having a minute to herself with a shot of her and Ben at the allotments and then having a friend and their baby over. THATS why she was rushed off her feet. Absolute dose indeed.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.