RVK Loves #9 Who cares that the baby is freezing, so long as it's aesthetically pleasing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree. Her feed would have tipped me over the edge in those hard baby years with babies that never slept and had health issues, no (and I mean zero) family support, a partner travelling a lot and worrying about money. Being further down the line, I can see her ‘look at my immaculate house/perfect baby/endless holidays/cooking huge batches of food/effortlessly hosting lunches & dinners’ for what it is - stealth boasting and pushing herself up while pushing others down. I would say to my former self, please don’t compare yourself to someone who lives a fake life and has never done a proper day’s work in her life. I find it ironic that so many influencers bleat on about mental health when they are part of the problem.
Yes! Rebecca, you need to read this.

Reactions: 3
Is she still on maternity? She's so confused I don't think even she knows!

We had to do controlled crying on both of ours. Took 3 days for one, 2 days for another. She's absolutely bonkers, but I'm sure her 'beloved huckleberry app' will tell her the next 'leap'. WTF happened with just parenting?!
So glad someone admitted to doing this also. It works for some and not for others. I felt like she tried to subtly shame it in that bloody post.

I totally agree. Her feed would have tipped me over the edge in those hard baby years with babies that never slept and had health issues, no (and I mean zero) family support, a partner travelling a lot and worrying about money. Being further down the line, I can see her ‘look at my immaculate house/perfect baby/endless holidays/cooking huge batches of food/effortlessly hosting lunches & dinners’ for what it is - stealth boasting and pushing herself up while pushing others down. I would say to my former self, please don’t compare yourself to someone who lives a fake life and has never done a proper day’s work in her life. I find it ironic that so many influencers bleat on about mental health when they are part of the problem.
Bang on. This is why i don't like her. Social media is damaging enough to anyone, but to a mother struggling it's even worse.

Side note, wonder what she will do when Freya starts to want allllll (🙄) the Peppa Pig/Bing and Hey Duggee stuff.
I popped out with my 2 year old today and ended up buying the most expensive hideous Peppa Pig pjs I've ever seen. She needed some and that's what she desperately wanted. She's been sat on the floor ever since looking at them saying "oh Peppa's pretty". Do we think she will deny Freya of all this stuff toddlers want when they start to get their own wants and opinions or will she just not take her out?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
So glad someone admitted to doing this also. It works for some and not for others. I felt like she tried to subtly shame it in that bloody post.

Bang on. This is why i don't like her. Social media is damaging enough to anyone, but to a mother struggling it's even worse.

Side note, wonder what she will do when Freya starts to want allllll (🙄) the Peppa Pig/Bing and Hey Duggee stuff.
I popped out with my 2 year old today and ended up buying the most expensive hideous Peppa Pig pjs I've ever seen. She needed some and that's what she desperately wanted. She's been sat on the floor ever since looking at them saying "oh Peppa's pretty". Do we think she will deny Freya of all this stuff toddlers want when they start to get their own wants and opinions or will she just not take her out?
Oh bless!! How cute!!

Reactions: 3
Do we think she will deny Freya of all this stuff toddlers want when they start to get their own wants and opinions or will she just not take her out?
Mumma will buy it for her, and it’ll live at her house with all the fun toys

• Haha
Reactions: 5
100% this. We started sleep training with controlled crying on New Year’s Day because we had three really awful months of sleep. It got to the point where I had to go to bed at 8pm when my daughter woke and wouldn’t be resettled and would only sleep with me holding her hand or on my chest. I’m lucky to have an amazingly supportive and honest NCT group but I felt awful about the situation we were in and the sleep training.

I know Rebecca’s posts aren’t real life but seeing her great baby who naps on her own (mine pretty much only sleeps in the sling) and settled in her own room after 2 nights still makes me feel tit. It must be so much worse for those Mums without supportive partners/friends.

Her moments of finding it hard and then it all being fine are the worst. Yes parenting is a rollercoaster of emotions every single day but her posts feel so fake.

100% this. We started sleep training with controlled crying on New Year’s Day because we had three really awful months of sleep. It got to the point where I had to go to bed at 8pm when my daughter woke and wouldn’t be resettled and would only sleep with me holding her hand or on my chest. I’m lucky to have an amazingly supportive and honest NCT group but I felt awful about the situation we were in and the sleep training.

I know Rebecca’s posts aren’t real life but seeing her great baby who naps on her own (mine pretty much only sleeps in the sling) and settled in her own room after 2 nights still makes me feel tit. It must be so much worse for those Mums without supportive partners/friends.

Her moments of finding it hard and then it all being fine are the worst. Yes parenting is a rollercoaster of emotions every single day but her posts feel so fake.
No one should make you feel bad, although it's easier said than done whenever you look up online and they say it's bad, terrible parenting etc. We co slept with my little girl for the first year really. She wouldn't sleep unless she was on her Dad. He was chuffed to bits but during the newborn days is was so hard. He stayed awake all night for almost 2 weeks after we had her and slept a bit in the day. CC isn't a bad thing if it works. You need sleep to function. I hope it's getting better for you and I'm glad you have a supporting NCT group :) Rebecca comes across and always has come across patronising and judgy, especially from old tweets. She has this perfect life so naturally, a perfect baby x

Oh bless!! How cute!!
She's chuffed to bits 😂 whatever makes them happy.

Reactions: 4
let me say first, I can’t stand her, i’ve blocked her, I can’t bear to look at her feed... and I repulse myself by hate-reading about her here. But just because
she is a grubby, greedy, deluded, patronising wet little thicko, doesn’t mean she must never speak about her baby sleeping well.

as everyone is so ready to point out on here - if it makes you feel tit, and you recognise that it does, please scroll on past or block that tit out of your feed. Some babies sleep well, some don’t 🤷‍♀️

I have to confess, my first slept incredibly well, settled in her own room straight away, I even had to wake her up in the mornings or she would sleep well past 8am. It’s not boasting, it’s just fact. she was a fat baby and enjoyed her sleep, just like her mother...

and then it all went to tit with my second who has only recently started regularly sleeping through the night at the age of about 4 or 5.

let me say first, I can’t stand her, i’ve blocked her, I can’t bear to look at her feed... and I repulse myself by hate-reading about her here. But just because
she is a grubby, greedy, deluded, patronising wet little thicko, doesn’t mean she must never speak about her baby sleeping well.

as everyone is so ready to point out on here - if it makes you feel tit, and you recognise that it does, please scroll on past or block that tit out of your feed. Some babies sleep well, some don’t 🤷‍♀️

I have to confess, my first slept incredibly well, settled in her own room straight away, I even had to wake her up in the mornings or she would sleep well past 8am. It’s not boasting, it’s just fact. she was a fat baby and enjoyed her sleep, just like her mother...

and then it all went to tit with my second who has only recently started regularly sleeping through the night at the age of about 4 or 5.
(NB this isn’t directed at the person I’ve quoted, it just happened to be nearest relevant quote)

Reactions: 2
No one should make you feel bad, although it's easier said than done whenever you look up online and they say it's bad, terrible parenting etc. We co slept with my little girl for the first year really. She wouldn't sleep unless she was on her Dad. He was chuffed to bits but during the newborn days is was so hard. He stayed awake all night for almost 2 weeks after we had her and slept a bit in the day. CC isn't a bad thing if it works. You need sleep to function. I hope it's getting better for you and I'm glad you have a supporting NCT group :) Rebecca comes across and always has come across patronising and judgy, especially from old tweets. She has this perfect life so naturally, a perfect baby x

She's chuffed to bits 😂 whatever makes them happy.
It’s the simple things at that age 😂

Reactions: 1
Her mum seems way more fun! Cocktails at a book club, that’s my kinda book club!

Reactions: 6

(NB this isn’t directed at the person I’ve quoted, it just happened to be nearest relevant quote)
As someone who is currently struggling with a 4 month old's sleeping patterns, I must disagree with what you say. It's very easy I am sure...after 2 very different babies to adopt that mentality but for me, an isolated first time mum, I struggle so much with the existence she is painting. And yes, a little bit of me is quite simply jealous of the time she is having with Freya versus some of the times I am having with my baby.

It's interesting how she is now unable to post as often as she is so busy being a mama. Maybe it does get even harder time wise but I am 4 months in and honestly cant remember the last time I had a moment to myself that wasn't desperately clock watching for nap time or feed time or whether the washers finished or what time I last went for a wee. It has been like that from the start....she is seemingly only now seeing what it is really like to have a baby with less support than she has been lucky to have so far.

Reactions: 9
As someone who is currently struggling with a 4 month old's sleeping patterns, I must disagree with what you say. It's very easy I am sure...after 2 very different babies to adopt that mentality but for me, an isolated first time mum, I struggle so much with the existence she is painting. And yes, a little bit of me is quite simply jealous of the time she is having with Freya versus some of the times I am having with my baby.

It's interesting how she is now unable to post as often as she is so busy being a mama. Maybe it does get even harder time wise but I am 4 months in and honestly cant remember the last time I had a moment to myself that wasn't desperately clock watching for nap time or feed time or whether the washers finished or what time I last went for a wee. It has been like that from the start....she is seemingly only now seeing what it is really like to have a baby with less support than she has been lucky to have so far.
I completely agree with you. YES, she can post that her baby sleeps well, but have the humility to admit you got lucky.

Sending love and solidarity- it doesn’t get easier (not in my experience anyway, 7.5 months into very broken sleep) but it gets more rewarding when they can actually do stuff 😂

Reactions: 4

I am very similar to you. I've had 2 very different children. One who is two and still isn't even close to sleeping through.

The trouble for me is, it's not the fact that her child sleeps through that makes people feel like tit. It is the fact that she gets lucky but tries to pass it off as her being a preachy expert. And is then pushing a £45 bloody course to be amazing like like her.

Just like her sharing her pearl's of conception wisdom after trying for a couple of months. She isn't an expert. She got lucky but is so obnoxious and preachy when things go right, and hides things that go wrong.

That is unhealthy and dangerous to new mums who feel like no matter how hard they try, it isn't enough. A lot of it is just luck.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I am very similar to you. I've had 2 very different children. One who is two and isn't even close to sleeping through.

The trouble for me is, it's not the fact that her child sleeps through that makes people feel like tit. Its the fact that she gets lucky but tries to pass it off as her being a preachy expert. And is then pushing a £45 bloody course to be an expert like her too.

Just like her sharing her Pearl's of conception wisdom after trying for a couple of months. She isn't an expert. She got lucky be is obnoxious and preachy when things go right, and hides things that go wrong.

That is unhealthy and dangerous to new mums who feel like no matter how hard they try, it isn't enough. A lot of it is just luck.
Yes, yes, yes!!

Reactions: 2

I’m sorry you’re struggling. Please, please block her. Don’t look at her feed. Your life is hard enough already without comparing yourself to her unrealistic, unattainable, fake-ass portrayal of new motherhood. X

I am very similar to you. I've had 2 very different children. One who is two and still isn't even close to sleeping through.

The trouble for me is, it's not the fact that her child sleeps through that makes people feel like tit. It is the fact that she gets lucky but tries to pass it off as her being a preachy expert. And is then pushing a £45 bloody course to be amazing like like her.

Just like her sharing her pearl's of conception wisdom after trying for a couple of months. She isn't an expert. She got lucky but is so obnoxious and preachy when things go right, and hides things that go wrong.

You’re right. I was trying to give her a tiny bit of slack. But no. She’s an entitled, fake, wannabe-Courtney Adamo, deluded prick.

I completely agree with you. YES, she can post that her baby sleeps well, but have the humility to admit you got lucky.

Sending love and solidarity- it doesn’t get easier (not in my experience anyway, 7.5 months into very broken sleep) but it gets more rewarding when they can actually do stuff 😂
Humility is not a word she is familiar with.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Lets all just sit and bide our time until the Begster has 2+ children and then see how fast the 💩 hits the fan - no amount of £45 online courses can get you out of that whirlwind

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s really soaking up these mundane unromantic days guys. I mean it’s been at least a week since the MOST magical of all the Christmases and it’s most likely a whole week more till she soaks up allll the sunshine on the best best Freyas first ever winter sun holiday. And poor Ben deserves a break he’s been working flat out for at least a fortnight???

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Couldn’t agree more with the end of this post: Influencers readily bleat about MH but fail to see they are part of the epidemic...

Unfortunately Motherhood and all it’s insecurities it brings, is another source of income on the Monopoly board for Grabby and Co. who scratch a living out of being the modern day equivalent of 1950s washing machine commercials, trying to sell the “perfect” family lifestyle through product placement.

We eventually learnt to see past the “airbrushing” of celebrities on the pages of magazines, billboards and the front covers of tacky exercise DVDs but are not yet at a stage where we can do the same with Instagram...probably because it has opened the doors to a whole heap of stuff and weakness’ that Influencers can prey on...

Your babies not sleeping well?: Here’s a humblebrag post about how mine is so that I sound superior and sound like I know what I’m talking about...

You’re in need of a holiday: Here’s a swipe up so you can buy some paraphernalia you don’t actually need to give you the best family holiday ever even though by the time you’ve purchased this guff you won’t have any money to actually go on said holiday...

You’re house looks like tit?: Have a 10% discount code for a White Company Candle...

Its all a crock of shite and that’s why Tattle has become busier than ever in recent months

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lets all just sit and bide our time until the Begster has 2+ children and then see how fast the 💩 hits the fan - no amount of £45 online courses can get you out of that whirlwind
100% this. I thought I knew what I was doing until there was more than 1 of them 😂😂 I went from feeling pretty smug to spending most of my time just attempting (and failing) to contain the 24/7 chaos.
The older they get, the more chaotic multiple children seem to be.

I don't feel like I've slept in a decade or eaten full meal without having to give up on it half way through. In the time it takes grab a glass of water, at least one of them is pouring their milk in the washing mashing then emptying a box of cheriors in for good measure. By the time I've cleaned that up, half the house has been under attack 😂🤷‍♀️

My once clean and tidy house permanently looks like a toddler battle ground, unless I stay up until midnight tidying it up. And then it looks exactly the same again by 10am. No time or space for straw hat or ice skate displays in this house. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I hate the way she says this. Who the hell runs errands these days?!
An errand is a task/job you do for someone else - she just thinks it’s sounds better than saying she’s going shopping- which is basically what she is doing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.