RVK Loves #9 Who cares that the baby is freezing, so long as it's aesthetically pleasing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The allotment comment made me laugh. My husband is a keen gardener and of course has ideas of our daughter helping in the future but certainly not for the next few summers at least! We've even had to work out where to cordon off in our garden as it's not safe due to uneven paving slabs.

Also the sleeping. We moved our daughter into her own room over Christmas and whilst for the most part, she's slept better, there have been some nights where I might as well have bedded down on the floor next to the cot. God help her when teething hits good and proper. Two teeth cut here in the last week. I'm shattered and no amount of sleep spray is going to help that!
She'll regret having those floorboards in the nursery and not putting down some unsightly carpet then! And don't forget that wonderfully comfortable wooden chair!

Reactions: 2
She'll regret having those floorboards in the nursery and not putting down some unsightly carpet then! And don't forget that wonderfully comfortable wooden chair!
And Freya waking up every hour after whacking her head against the bars on that prison cot.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Grabs has admitted to a ‘meltdown’ in her last post. I can’t recall ever having a ‘meltdown’ in my adult life despite being faced with some incredibly tough (although sadly common real life) situations such as bereavement, financial problems, and work pressures.

how can grown adult have a ‘meltdown’? Is this not behaviour that’s mostly owned by toddlers?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And Freya waking up every hour after whacking her head against the bars on that prison cot.
100%. Apparently the most comfortable position is to lie horizontally across the cot rather than in the traditional position according to my 6 month old 😂

Grabs has admitted to a ‘meltdown’ in her last post. I can’t recall ever having a ‘meltdown’ in my adult life despite being faced with some incredibly tough (although sadly common real life) situations such as bereavement, financial problems, and work pressures.

how can grown adult have a ‘meltdown’? Is this not behaviour that’s mostly owned by toddlers?
In the blurry baby years (of chronic reflux) I was too exhausted from cleaning projectile vomit off everything constantly to have time for a ‘meltdown’. Note for Grabby: some people have to actually host Christmas with a small non-sleeping baby as opposed to being waited on hand and food by other people for a week.

Reactions: 14

Ummm I’ve had a few and sadly my own toddler days are several decades ago...sleep deprivation, post natal depression, a demanding job, some serious health issues.

Not everyone has your self control.

I have some real issues with Grabecca - her lack of clarity declaring ads, her appalling lack of awareness of how the rest of the world operates and the struggles people face (e.g when in the US when pregnant she needed emergency care and raved about the US health system, oblivious to the fact Americans die due to a lack of healthcare and few regular people can afford her level of health insurance).

But I do think, as others do on here, she appears to struggle with her mental health in a variety of ways, and I’ve not always felt comfortable with people calling her out on that. Though I appreciate she doesn’t endear herself with her lack of “wokeness”.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I have regular ‘meltdowns’ 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Oh I have and I still do! Death of a parent - not recent but I was a young adult. Financial worries. Financial abuse. Diagnosis of a critical chronic illness. Recent major operation. Worries regarding my kids. I could go on but I think that justifies my meltdowns for now!

Reactions: 1
I think the thing is with meltdowns are that as an influencer you have to go one of two routes - 1. Warts and all with details or 2. Highly polished and perfect but with a nod to the fact that you just don’t display the shite life throws at you. (Anneli Bush did a good post in that recently)
RVK goes for mostly 2 but occasionally throws in a 1 but with insufficient detail to make people feel sorry for her which results in people speculating.

Reactions: 8
Been reading here for a while and following Rebecca for a few years, my little girl is three weeks older than Frey Bentos and I must admit I commented on her posts and stuff when we were pregnant at the same time. I thought she seemed nice. Reading here has really opened my eyes and I’m shocked at how much she shares of her daughters life and how much she gets for free. My husband and I made a decision not to post any pictures of our daughter online because it’s not her choice and because some things are just private. I agree with comments here about the Christmas blog post - surely those photos are for you and your family to enjoy?!

I understand why Rebecca says 6 month olds are hard work but they are a lot bloody harder for people who aren’t in her situation. My husband goes back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off for Christmas (to an actual job where he get paid 9-5 but works 7-6 because that’s real life) and obviously doesn’t earn as much as Ben and never will 🙄. I’ll be back on my own with my daughter, no family near by and I won’t have a meltdown because I have to cope and carry on. I’m not making light of mental illness, just saying that she doesn’t seem to understand what a fortunate situation she is in.

Re the prison cot, my daughter has suddenly taken to sleeping with her head against the bars of her cot (ordinary white wood I’m afraid), hopefully Frey Bentos doesn’t do the same😂

Reactions: 18
Been reading here for a while and following Rebecca for a few years, my little girl is three weeks older than Frey Bentos and I must admit I commented on her posts and stuff when we were pregnant at the same time. I thought she seemed nice. Reading here has really opened my eyes and I’m shocked at how much she shares of her daughters life and how much she gets for free. My husband and I made a decision not to post any pictures of our daughter online because it’s not her choice and because some things are just private. I agree with comments here about the Christmas blog post - surely those photos are for you and your family to enjoy?!

I understand why Rebecca says 6 month olds are hard work but they are a lot bloody harder for people who aren’t in her situation. My husband goes back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off for Christmas (to an actual job where he get paid 9-5 but works 7-6 because that’s real life) and obviously doesn’t earn as much as Ben and never will 🙄. I’ll be back on my own with my daughter, no family near by and I won’t have a meltdown because I have to cope and carry on. I’m not making light of mental illness, just saying that she doesn’t seem to understand what a fortunate situation she is in.

Re the prison cot, my daughter has suddenly taken to sleeping with her head against the bars of her cot (ordinary white wood I’m afraid), hopefully Frey Bentos doesn’t do the same😂
I don't think she was prepared for motherhood. I think she focused so much on the pregnancy and birth that she didn't realise she'd have to actually be at her babies beck and call. Us muggles live in the real world. I worked over Christmas and have never stayed over with family. She's very lucky.

Reactions: 9
The area she is planning to go to in Australia is burning so badly right now. The smoke from it is even making visibility and air quality poor in New Zealand. It certainly won’t be instragrammable enough for her right now. If she does go and tries to make it look all pretty and lovely, that would be a disgrace

Maybe that's what her meltdown was really about - she realised she wouldn't be going on her holiday at the beginning of this year! Or, if she does go, that it wouldn't be exactly as she wants it to be!

Grabby has the luxury of having a meltdown because she has GranMumma, Benpecked etc around her to pick up the pieces - fortunately for her she doesn't lay there wide awake at 3am worrying about how she's going to get through the nursery drop off at 7am, a full day's work and balance a meager budget to pay bills and put food on the table. its more a case of - oh i feel a bit too drained for baby yoga today, maybe we'll just eat cake.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So she's finally addressed the Australian fire situation - but because as we all know her head is so empty of any independent thought, she has made an excuse for not really writing anything and linked to someone else's post! Why bother...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why would you want a home like hers? Her decor is awful, it reminds me of a student house with nothing decent in it other than her new stove.
Nothing matches or fits together well, my 80yr old great aunt has a nicer home.
I certainly wouldn’t aspire to her ridiculous lifestyle. Even if I did want it, I definitely wouldn’t come on here basically saying I wanted it but couldn’t attain it. To a prat like RVK that’s music to her ears. She should take her daft earnings and sort her teeth out.

Reactions: 1
I certainly wouldn’t aspire to her ridiculous lifestyle. Even if I did want it, I definitely wouldn’t come on here basically saying I wanted it but couldn’t attain it. To a prat like RVK that’s music to her ears. She should take her daft earnings and sort her teeth out.
There are only two reasons I can think of as to why she hasn’t sorted her teeth out, either her parents won’t or didn’t want to pay for it, or she or hubbywon’t pay for it. Can wear invisible braces now. But, she doesn’t appear to care about her hair either.

Last edited:
There are only two reasons I can think of as to why she hasn’t sorted her teeth out, either her parents won’t or didn’t want to pay for it, or she or hubbywon’t pay for it. Can wear invisible braces now. But, she doesn’t appear to care about her hair either.
If she wanted to sort her teeth she could prob get it gifted - the fact she doesn’t feel she has to shows a bit of character about her. Better than the Suffolk Nest’s teeth!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.