RVK Loves #9 Who cares that the baby is freezing, so long as it's aesthetically pleasing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RVK needs to watch Celeste Barber’s stories if she intended heading to the east coast.

Reactions: 3
I also can't understand why she would want to take a baby to Australia in the middle of their sweltering summer.

I'm all for travelling with kids. But not only does she have to endure the crazy long flight, the complete change of routine and jet lag, but the temperatures will be really hard for her to deal with. They will be spending most of the time trying to find a dark air conditioned room for her to be in.

My kids at that age struggled with a hot UK day. She isn't going to be picnicking on the beach, playing merrily in the midday sun while she poses her baby in a straw hat 🙄 she will have screaming, sweaty, cranky baby that just wants to be inside.

Reactions: 5
RVK needs to watch Celeste Barber’s stories if she intended heading to the east coast.
I’ve seen them too. Heartbreaking

I also can't understand why she would want to take a baby to Australia in the middle of their sweltering summer.

I'm all for travelling with kids. But not only does she have to endure the crazy long flight, the complete change of routine and jet lag, but the temperatures will be really hard for her to deal with. They will be spending most of the time trying to find a dark air conditioned room for her to be in.

My kids at that age struggled with a hot UK day. She isn't going to be picnicking on the beach, playing merrily in the midday sun while she poses her baby in a straw hat 🙄 she will have screaming, sweaty, cranky baby that just wants to be inside.
This is what I don’t understand. It would never have entered my head to take a baby all that way and to somewhere so hot! I’d struggle myself let alone a child. She’s crazy. The flight alone would fill me with panic too. I can’t believe that she won’t change how she lives her life now she has a child.....well actually I can, she’s incredibly selfish

She probably thinks her core audience in the UK, in the middle of a miserable, cold winter, would be envious of all the Australian sunshine?

Australian families avoid the sun between 10am and 3pm, though I suppose RVK could do her photos early in the morning then spend the day inside in aircon watching Netflix?

#travelblogger #travelgoals

Reactions: 8
Maybe behind closed doors she is being persuaded to post-pone things until a later date (cue toys being thrown out of prams....and we don’t mean Freya’s beige, #kindlygifted wooden ones...) which means she has to endure a UK January in all its cold, drizzly, grey glory like the rest of us peasants?!

Reactions: 6
She probably thinks her core audience in the UK, in the middle of a miserable, cold winter, would be envious of all the Australian sunshine?

Australian families avoid the sun between 10am and 3pm, though I suppose RVK could do her photos early in the morning then spend the day inside in aircon watching Netflix?

I think this is absolutely the thing with her - almost everything she posts is designed to foster envy, perfect house, perfect garden, perfect Christmas etc.

Reactions: 11

What a life to live. All that effort for the gram. Not to mention air miles!

Do we think a combination of a newborn and Tattle calling RVK out has led to a downswing in advertising contracts? It felt like there was a lot less #ad and #gifted over Christmas, which is peak influencer advertising time.

It correlates with Benpecked starting an out-of-the-house job. I wonder how easily he can drop everything and indulge RVK’s travel whims now? Especially if he has an employer and needs to book holidays in.

Reactions: 4
I've been in Australia when it's been 47c. She's crazy to take a 6m old there. I bet she's panicking about it now. She'll pretend it's all wonderful though.

Also why on earth is she going to Byron bay when she's already been there. It is beautiful. But Australia is a massive country with no end of stunning places to go. Take Tasmania. Absolutely stunning and totally off the beaten (well the 'gram) track.

Reactions: 2
I think this is absolutely the thing with her - almost everything she posts is designed to foster envy, perfect house, perfect garden, perfect Christmas etc.
But that's what her entire business is based on. Upmarket brands like Liberty, Joules, The White Company aren't interested in sending out freebies to the single mum struggling to get by in their council house. They want their products to be associated with the luxury, unattainable lifestyle so common folk aspire to own them too.

The more she pushes this unrealistic, middle class life style, the more she becomes the perfect walking advert.

That's why she really pissed me off when she came on here and said that basically we are all jealous and shouldn't look if it makes us feel bad. It runs much deeper than that. She is sneaky subliminal advert for lifestyle that doesn't exist and she literally makes her money out of making people beneath her feel jealous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
But that's what her entire business is based on. Upmarket brands like Liberty, Joules, The White Company aren't interested in sending out freebies to the single mum struggling to get by in their council house. They want their products to be associated with the luxury, unattainable lifestyle so common folk aspire to own them too.

The more she pushes this unrealistic, middle class life style, the more she becomes the perfect walking advert.

That's why she really pissed me off when she came on here and said that basically we are all jealous and shouldn't look if it makes us feel bad. It runs much deeper than that. She is sneaky subliminal advert for lifestyle that doesn't exist and she literally makes her money out of making people beneath her feel jealous.
🙌🏻

I've been in Australia when it's been 47c. She's crazy to take a 6m old there. I bet she's panicking about it now. She'll pretend it's all wonderful though.

Also why on earth is she going to Byron bay when she's already been there. It is beautiful. But Australia is a massive country with no end of stunning places to go. Take Tasmania. Absolutely stunning and totally off the beaten (well the 'gram) track.
The reason she’s off to Byron Bay (again) IMO is that she’s hoping to meet up with Courtney Adamo (Adams) and her linen mama crowd. She didn’t manage it last time.

I’m 100% convinced that all the stress surrounding the Australia holiday has caused Grabby to have some sort of mild nervous breakdown meaning she can’t even post on Insta. She sort of announced her return to the gram after her week’s ‘holiday’ chez Mumma and then promptly disappeared again - no endless reel of 2019 highlights especially in the year Baby Bee was born. So unlike her not to boast and ram her perfect year down our throats.
It would be awful for most people to book a dream holiday and then have to cancel it or severely limit where you can go. But then she isn’t most people (her average year consists of several dream holidays); she went to Australia only 2 years ago and would have only been recycling the same straw hat/gelato/pottery in ‘oh Byron Bay’ (wistful sigh) shite; AND who would take a baby to 40 deg heat unless it was to bring baby to meet close family.
Watching this with interest...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Also her baby is a red head like her daddy ( who has already had skin cancer remember) so is she really going to take her to an incredibly hot place and expose her poor baby skin to that type of heat and sun,?? as I'm sure the sun hat will be whipped off for any pics that need taking for the gram

Reactions: 7
Holidays in the same old places time and time again (New York, maldives, Ile de re etc etc)
Eats pizza and ice cream.
Rides a bicycle
Photos of doors
Watches netflix
Vitamin sea, straw hat, straw bag, hand hearts.

So predictable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Also her baby is a red head like her daddy ( who has already had skin cancer remember) so is she really going to take her to an incredibly hot place and expose her poor baby skin to that type of heat and sun,?? as I'm sure the sun hat will be whipped off for any pics that need taking for the gram
I was about to post this!

Agree with both your points. I have been in Australia in January and it hit the 40's...we had to seek refuge in the cinema as it had air con, it was unbearable. It was like walking around with a hairdryer pointing at you. No way would I want a baby in that...they will.be stuck indoors.

Agree with both your points. I have been in Australia in January and it hit the 40's...we had to seek refuge in the cinema as it had air con, it was unbearable. It was like walking around with a hairdryer pointing at you. No way would I want a baby in that...they will.be stuck indoors.
Yep! I went to the indoor swimming pool! (And burnt my hand on the metal door handle on the way in, that's how hot it was).

We are currently in a crappy situation where we're desperately bidding for a council house near my mom due to crappy landlord (actually my dad.) An I've been feeling absolutely devastated that the house we are after won't be nice as in no way can we afford the white company, RVK style home. I love it but we can't and in that one sentence you wrote about those companies not being interested in people like that, you've put me off them entirely. An RVK again and I thank you so much for it. I completely broke down yesterday thinking I couldn't make another home nice again. You're so so right and I feel so much better after reading your comment. Rvk is unattainable.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
We are currently in a crappy situation where we're desperately bidding for a council house near my mom due to crappy landlord (actually my dad.) An I've been feeling absolutely devastated that the house we are after won't be nice as in no way can we afford the white company, RVK style home. I love it but we can't and in that one sentence you wrote about those companies not being interested in people like that, you've put me off them entirely. An RVK again and I thank you so much for it. I completely broke down yesterday thinking I couldn't make another home nice again. You're so so right and I feel so much better after reading your comment. Rvk is unattainable.
Her lifestyle is probably unattainable even to herself.. all the Jo Malone/White Company/Liberty etc bits are ad/gifted and what she does buy herself is cheap.
Massively shown with Freya’s room- all the designer gear and organic cotton clothes were gifted.. the cot she bought was about £80 from amazon and the clothes she’s bought are all highstreet

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.