RVK Loves #8 More Katie Hopkins than Cath Kidston

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't wait for 6 month old Freya to play up on a long haul flight. I can just see 'this little one hates flying. It's making me depressed' 🙄

Reactions: 3
All we can do is never ever buy off these aff links. I never will!
Yep that's my feeling. In fact, it's probably petty, but I've stopped buying from The White Co, Marks and Spencers etc at all because of GrabbaDabba. Auf companies are spending silly money on this then they are overcharging me to pay for it. So bye bye.

Reactions: 7
Hope she remembered to book her Sainsbury's order from the club lounge before they left.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So she will be flying economy to Australia will she?? We'll see.

I make a point of never ever buying from an aff link. Does even just clicking on it count? How much do they get?

Reactions: 1
So she will be flying economy to Australia will she?? We'll see.

I make a point of never ever buying from an aff link. Does even just clicking on it count? How much do they get?
Yeah even swiping up makes them money. I don’t know how much they get per swipe up mind you

Yep that's my feeling. In fact, it's probably petty, but I've stopped buying from The White Co, Marks and Spencers etc at all because of GrabbaDabba. Auf companies are spending silly money on this then they are overcharging me to pay for it. So bye bye.
Same!

Reactions: 2
They dont get money from you swiping up unless you buy something.
What you are doing by swiping up etc is adding to her stats and she can show future collabs that her engagement rate is xyz

They dont get money from you swiping up unless you buy something.
What you are doing by swiping up etc is adding to her stats and she can show future collabs that her engagement rate is xyz
Oh really? I read on here that they do get a cut even if you swipe up. It’s good to know they don’t!

Reactions: 1
Oh really? I read on here that they do get a cut even if you swipe up. It’s good to know they don’t!
I think they get a cut of anything that you might buy from that site in the future, say the next month or so. I read about that on one of the Mrs. Hinch threads earlier this year.

I think they get a cut of anything that you might buy from that site in the future, say the next month or so. I read about that on one of the Mrs. Hinch threads earlier this year.

A swipe up puts cookies on your phone / tablet. These cookies track you on the Internet. If you spend any money with the swipe up retailer online within 30 days of swiping up the 'influencer' gets a cut of that money. It's usually around 3-6% of your spend.

It's such a sneeky way of making money. They say "a lot of people have asked about where I got my new jumper from so I've linked it here, swipe up" it sounds all friendly and helpful but you can't see the details of the jumper without swiping up and then once you have its activated 30 days of cookies giving them commission if you spend anything with that retailer.

If you accidently swipe up, go to your phones Internet settings and select delete cookies, better yet delete cookies before each online purchase just incase

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Of course Freya slept all the way home on a night flight 🙄 Right, so now that entirely unnecessarily Halloween trip to New York is over how many days are we giving it before she starts the Christmas chat (in an attempt to get her entire Christmas shopping list, food shop and house decorations #gifted) and before she carefully curates her ‘gram with posts to transition from autumnal oranges to festive reds and golds?! I give it a week....

• Haha
Of course Freya slept all the way home on a night flight 🙄 Right, so now that entirely unnecessarily Halloween trip to New York is over how many days are we giving it before she starts the Christmas chat (in an attempt to get her entire Christmas shopping list, food shop and house decorations #gifted) and before she carefully curates her ‘gram with posts to transition from autumnal oranges to festive reds and golds?! I give it a week....
I can feel some more boycotting coming on if she starts getting alllllllll the freebies

You have to buy something from the company you've swiped up to for her to get a percentage of your purchase.
It's why hinch uses ebay swipeups because she knows that most people will shop on ebay during the month for something and because you swiped up to one of her "ebayers" even if you dont buy that item, if you buy anything else on ebay in 30 days, she gets a cut.
Grabby does swipe ups to stores where if you arent buying that item, then you're unlikely to buy anything therefore not earning her anything but you're providing traffic to that store in her name (effectively)
Hinch was more clever than that hence using Ebay for all of her swipe ups even if she bought the item elsewhere (her Polaroid printer for example)

You have to buy something from the company you've swiped up to for her to get a percentage of your purchase.
It's why hinch uses ebay swipeups because she knows that most people will shop on ebay during the month for something and because you swiped up to one of her "ebayers" even if you dont buy that item, if you buy anything else on ebay in 30 days, she gets a cut.
Grabby does swipe ups to stores where if you arent buying that item, then you're unlikely to buy anything therefore not earning her anything but you're providing traffic to that store in her name (effectively)
Hinch was more clever than that hence using Ebay for all of her swipe ups even if she bought the item elsewhere (her Polaroid printer for example)
This is so interesting!! 1. It just goes to show that although I thought I understood affiliate link, clearly I didn't, and 2) I always wondered why hinch goes eBay crazy and is constantly buying utter tat.

Reactions: 7
I’m glad baby bee slept for the passenger’s (just the one?!!!) sake. We need a Christmas bingo...vintage ice skates, that bloody wooden sleigh with a small Christmas tree in galvanised bucket, allllllll the nordic hoops etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is so interesting!! 1. It just goes to show that although I thought I understood affiliate link, clearly I didn't, and 2) I always wondered why hinch goes eBay crazy and is constantly buying utter tat.
It really is cheap tat 😂 people are insane

I’m glad baby bee slept for the passenger’s (just the one?!!!) sake. We need a Christmas bingo...vintage ice skates, that bloody wooden sleigh with a small Christmas tree in galvanised bucket, allllllll the nordic hoops etc.
Those ice skates she hangs from the coat pegs each year are bloody awful dust collecting props, much like that manky old shutter she has in the laaaaaaaange. I wonder how long that will last propped against the wall once the child is on the move.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.