RVK Loves #5 Grabby’s an expert, we have no clue, did you know she was gifted a bugaboo?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All four of them are directors, brother isn’t
Poor guy.
I'm sure you can pay any director of the company a salary to be deducted from profits before tax, without having to have an actual contract of employment thst states what she actually does for them. Would also allow her to claim SMP and keep raking in her add money from her blog. They know exactly what they're doing and how to play the system.

Reactions: 3
I am at a loss to understand why she wouldn’t want to switch off?! There must be something else underlying, inferiority complex perhaps? There is such a need for her to look down on others! 🙄

I am also pretty sure that most of us could do her ‘job’ one afternoon a week!

Reactions: 4
I am at a loss to understand why she wouldn’t want to switch off?! There must be something else underlying, inferiority complex perhaps? There is such a need for her to look down on others! 🙄

I think she gets a high from all the likes and comments. She has posted pics and then deleted them when they didn’t get enough likes. Then reposted the next day. I called her out on it and she deleted my comment

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Exactly this ! She has no idea of how much us mere mortals achieve in a whole day with zero help alas my life leaves me very little time to harvest #gluts of courgettes.

I totally agree with what others are saying about not being able to switch off etc. I hope someone close to her is having a word with her, posting about "feeling guilty" about not being productive enough. That would be raising red flags for me. It's becoming very clear that being busy, always having things to do, places to go, people to see, picnics to set up, gelato to photograph is where she's getting her value and worth from. And bonus points for getting head pats from strangers on the internet for doing so. It's obvious her entire life is just being played out for what will look good on Instagram.

Having down time and relaxing is probably seen as as sign of weakness. If you've got time to sit down for an hour, you've got time to get in the kitchen and do some baking, or arrange some blooms. Somewhere in her life, she's been told that being busy is a sign of success, down time is for losers. So she's manufactured this Instagram life of being busy all the time, and then when she's not busy enough, she feels guilty. It's all kind of f'd up really.

Also this whole working while being on maternity leave nonsense is really grinding my gears. She agreed to take on advertising contracts knowing she would have a tiny baby. If you had wanted proper leave, you shouldn't have accepted the job. She's in complete control of her work so to be accepting paid ad jobs and then complaining about self employment and maternity leave is utterly ridiculous. Can't have it both ways.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
It was discussed in a previous thread but don’t ask me what the answer was 😬 being named as a director of a company probably helps somewhat
Wonder if her Dad’s/husband’s company is paying her maternity pay, but not SMP. Isn’t her Dad also an accountant?

Reactions: 3
Question.... what is her line of work?

Surely an IG influencer and blogger isn’t a job/occupation as such?

Have I missed something? And if it is classed as work, how? Waiting to write your birth story - surely that’s a hobby?

Confused.

Wonder if her Dad’s/husband’s company is paying her maternity pay, but not SMP. Isn’t her Dad also an accountant?
No he had a photo copying business with a couple of other people. He resigned. Bens dad and 2 brothers are all accountants and have a business that Ben resigned from. Probably to go into business with Grabbys dad

Question.... what is her line of work?

Surely an IG influencer and blogger isn’t a job/occupation as such?

Have I missed something? And if it is classed as work, how? Waiting to write your birth story - surely that’s a hobby?

Confused.
She doesn’t work and never has. She’s an influencer don’t you know 🙄 madness

Reactions: 4
No he had a photo copying business with a couple of other people. He resigned. Bens dad and 2 brothers are all accountants and have a business that Ben resigned from. Probably to go into business with Grabbys dad

She doesn’t work and never has. She’s an influencer don’t you know 🙄 madness
Thanks for clearing that up. Wonder if they get free accountancy work from the paternal Gramps. If you were featured in the Sunday Timed, then she probably thinks that means she has a real job.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for clearing that up. Wonder if they get free accountancy work from the paternal Gramps. If you were featured in the Sunday Timed, then she probably thinks that means she has a real job.
good point! I bet they do

I do feel very sorry this her, she’s been through so much and raised so much money and awareness, that’s only a good thing. But after a while I actually had to stop following her, I’m sorry but she did my head in!!
I did feel sorry for her too, it’s an awful thing to go through, but I’ve seen her do her fair share of being rude to her followers when it is not deserved, and that is not on.

It was discussed in a previous thread but don’t ask me what the answer was 😬 being named as a director of a company probably helps somewhat
Yes you need a qualifying job to get SMP - Whilst claiming SMP she can only do 10 days work before having to restart work (called keep in touch days).

So, it is most likely she is on the payroll of a family company — and may even do admin or marketing for them, we don’t know that, she certainly says she is always working! - and the blog stuff is self employed which can be done alongside PAYE.

Most of the stuff she does is gifted ads so she may not actually make much cash from the self employed stuff. And she can keep going with a self employed job as the SMP / mat leave thing is job specific.

She's listed as a director of 2 companies, the family property company and the other is presumably the one that she runs her blog / instagram through.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.