RVK Loves #3 #grabalongwithRVKloves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just looked at her blog - that amount of clothes is just obscene!
It’s actually really distasteful. Consumerism to the max.
I’ve not posted on this thread before but seeing this has made me really cross.

Reactions: 7
This is the thing and why she isn’t any good at this influencer malarkey.

When she got busted on the Vitabiotics advert she should have come out and said “I made a mistake. I wasn’t true to my values that I wrote about and I’m sorry”. Everyone would have had a lot more long term respect for her. Of course, Rebecca can only think of the short term and isn’t clever enough to realise thata statement like that would have helped her “brand”.

Same is true of the Bugaboo. Instead of writing a winey post defending herself, as a Sunday Times top influencer, she should have realised before accepting the gift that the better thing to do would be to donate it to a charity- without making a song and dance about it- or, if she really wanted the followers- run a competition. Apparently finding a charity is tough (not sure why there are plenty in Hertfordshire that would be happy to accept) so if that’s the case then use your law degree (but not good enough to get a training contract) skills and negotiate with Bugaboo that they will donate a buggy to a charity of their choice and you can run some sort of insta campaign on it. Then you would be an influencer actually doing some good.

She goes to California on an odd 6 week pretend we live here trip- message no you don’t and probably won’t because whilst you like the idea of living in Cali you are forgetting the “downsides” to expat life...no family nearby, no pup, no Waitrose and more importantly no Soho House. And don’t show yourself to be thick whilst in Cali...post after post moaning about the weather. Sorry Rebecca whilst you might not have sun the rest of California was rejoicing at the rain. Three years of drought and devastating wild fires (google Paradise Fire) tends to do that.

And then you start to get negative posts. Be a woman and answer the criticism. Don’t just delete. Even the biggest most respected brands realise they have to take the criticism on the chin and either address it or make a joke (or both).

I could go on. But I won’t. Because maybe when the “industry” comes crashing down I might have a second career as an influencer who gives back to society. Now that’s a novel idea....someone who gets a following but actually does something great for the good of society. Can you imagine. And the people of Tattle will forever be my friends as being the ones that made me realise I’m not alone in wishing the insta bubble would burst.
Also the American dream will never work for poor Rebecca. To stay out there on a more permanent basis that requires a visa, and to get a visa you need to have a job. Therefore the end of the road for that pipe dream. Back to pretending for her, and when the baby comes along she have her own real life doll to play with it. She is just like a child playing at being a grown up.

Reactions: 1

When she got busted on the Vitabiotics advert she should have come out and said “I made a mistake. I wasn’t true to my values that I wrote about and I’m sorry”. Everyone would have had a lot more long term respect for her. Of course, Rebecca can only think of the short term and isn’t clever enough to realise thata statement like that would have helped her “brand”.

Same is true of the Bugaboo. Instead of writing a winey post defending herself, as a Sunday Times top influencer, she should have realised before accepting the gift that the better thing to do would be to donate it to a charity- without making a song and dance about it- or, if she really wanted the followers- run a competition. Apparently finding a charity is tough (not sure why there are plenty in Hertfordshire that would be happy to accept) so if that’s the case then use your law degree (but not good enough to get a training contract) skills and negotiate with Bugaboo that they will donate a buggy to a charity of their choice and you can run some sort of insta campaign on it. Then you would be an influencer actually doing some good.

She goes to California on an odd 6 week pretend we live here trip- message no you don’t and probably won’t because whilst you like the idea of living in Cali you are forgetting the “downsides” to expat life...no family nearby, no pup, no Waitrose and more importantly no Soho House. And don’t show yourself to be thick whilst in Cali...post after post moaning about the weather. Sorry Rebecca whilst you might not have sun the rest of California was rejoicing at the rain. Three years of drought and devastating wild fires (google Paradise Fire) tends to do that.

And then you start to get negative posts. Be a woman and answer the criticism. Don’t just delete. Even the biggest most respected brands realise they have to take the criticism on the chin and either address it or make a joke (or both).

I could go on. But I won’t. Because maybe when the “industry” comes crashing down I might have a second career as an influencer who gives back to society. Now that’s a novel idea....someone who gets a following but actually does something great for the good of society. Can you imagine. And the people of Tattle will forever be my friends as being the ones that made me realise I’m not alone in wishing the insta bubble would burst.
Love this, oh so true! 🤗

Reactions: 2

Brilliant post. Thank you for articulating it all so well. I don’t usually read her blog as it’s so poorly written and self-indulgent. But I read the baby clothes blog post yesterday and even by her standards it was utterly nauseating and shallow. I have never seen so many clothes for one baby in my entire life and it hasn’t even been born yet! It is obscene and I pity her poor child growing up in a house where there is is such emphasis on materialism.

I worry so much how her posts might make first time mums feels. To anyone who is pregnant and reads these posts and feels inadequate please don’t. All a new baby needs is a few vests and sleepsuits (clothes wise) and lots of love. Some of her post was ridiculous. “I’m a big fan of knitwear” for babies, says the woman who has never has a baby. A comment about how she will be probably inundated with clothes by family and friends when the baby is born. Presumptuous much? And I do not believe for one second she will be shopping for second hand bargains when the baby gets bigger. That is just spin to manage the fall out of all the freebies and gifts she has got and still will be getting. There is something so wrong in this world when we have a real poverty problem in this country and yet the big brands choose to lavish endless baby gifts on a woman who goes on 20 holidays a year.

Reactions: 15
Louis Theroux’s recent documentary on postpartum psychosis addresses social media influencers.

Also the American dream will never work for poor Rebecca. To stay out there on a more permanent basis that requires a visa, and to get a visa you need to have a job. Therefore the end of the road for that pipe dream. Back to pretending for her, and when the baby comes along she have her own real life doll to play with it. She is just like a child playing at being a grown up.
You can get a visa if you have a business and employ US citizens.

Brilliant post. Thank you for articulating it all so well. I don’t usually read her blog as it’s so poorly written and self-indulgent. But I read the baby clothes blog post yesterday and even by her standards it was utterly nauseating and shallow. I have never seen so many clothes for one baby in my entire life and it hasn’t even been born yet! It is obscene and I pity her poor child growing up in a house where there is is such emphasis on materialism.

I worry so much how her posts might make first time mums feels. To anyone who is pregnant and reads these posts and feels inadequate please don’t. All a new baby needs is a few vests and sleepsuits (clothes wise) and lots of love. Some of her post was ridiculous. “I’m a big fan of knitwear” for babies, says the woman who has never has a baby. A comment about how she will be probably inundated with clothes by family and friends when the baby is born. Presumptuous much? And I do not believe for one second she will be shopping for second hand bargains when the baby gets bigger. That is just spin to manage the fall out of all the freebies and gifts she has got and still will be getting. There is something so wrong in this world when we have a real poverty problem in this country and yet the big brands choose to lavish endless baby gifts on a woman who goes on 20 holidays a year.
It’s like she’s replaced/substituted her eating disorder with a consumption of stuff disorder. She’s now gorging on baby clothes, and posting about them, which is the non flavourful icing on this particular cake. Really distasteful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Louis Theroux’s recent documentary on postpartum psychosis addresses social media influencers.

I watched this and it made me so sad because I’ve seen first hand what makes people feel so inadequate 😪

It’s like she’s replaced/substituted her eating disorder with a consumption of stuff disorder. She’s now gorging on baby clothes, and posting about them, which is the non flavourful icing on this particular cake. Really distasteful.

Reactions: 3

I suppose she could employ someone to come up with new and interesting content for her. Maybe even write a half decent blog post! 😂

I am a first time mum, due in September and I've really had to constantly keep myself in check when following her Instagram and reading her blogs.

From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I thought back to her post about when they found out and how magical it all was and how wonderful it was to tell their parents. We were trying for a baby, but only just, and whilst I feel incredibly lucky to have fallen pregnant so quickly, the day I found out wasn't a fairytale like her seemed... I remember being so worried about the fact i wasn't ready, and equally so terrified that I might lose the baby and not even know. Until my 12 week scan I was a nervous wreck and I know from talking to people that I wasn't the only one who felt like that and she paints it all so perfectly like nothing ever troubles her (except utter crap like do babies need shoes) and it's all just so magical.

And now all the clothes. I cant express my emotions over that post. The fact that she basically says she wanted to find out what they were having so she could buy clothes for it. (We haven't found out what we're having because why on earth does it matter what it wears for the first few months (or years?!?!) And the constant reference to what will the baby suit?????? Babies suit anything surely and again, does it matter????? Like you might go to a baby group and someone tells you oooo she doesn't suit that sick covered baby grow. Ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes it was gifted according to her blog of 12 April. It must have slipped her mind to include #ad or #gift 🙄 Was this posted up today? If so, she has taken it down already.
Probably because it’s such a boring post 💤

Reactions: 3
She's still posting affiliated links and making from those whilst claiming SMP too. Surely that is still working, seeing as that's basically all she does.
Her husband is a trained accountant so she can’t say she’s not aware of the rules!

Her husband is a trained accountant so she can’t say she’s not aware of the rules!
I think she definately knows the rules and therefore knows exactly how to play the system.

I wouldn't be suprises if she's claiming SMP under her husbands company and then still making money self employed.

Technically there's nothing stopping you doing a bit of work self employed if that's not the job you are claiming your SMP from (I think). Whereas in reality we all know she's doing exactly the same thing she's always done... making money from advertising crap and posting affiliates links.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.