Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pickle

This is the thing and why she isn’t any good at this influencer malarkey.

When she got busted on the Vitabiotics advert she should have come out and said “I made a mistake. I wasn’t true to my values that I wrote about and I’m sorry”. Everyone would have had a lot more long term respect for her. Of course, Rebecca can only think of the short term and isn’t clever enough to realise thata statement like that would have helped her “brand”.

Same is true of the Bugaboo. Instead of writing a winey post defending herself, as a Sunday Times top influencer, she should have realised before accepting the gift that the better thing to do would be to donate it to a charity- without making a song and dance about it- or, if she really wanted the followers- run a competition. Apparently finding a charity is tough (not sure why there are plenty in Hertfordshire that would be happy to accept) so if that’s the case then use your law degree (but not good enough to get a training contract) skills and negotiate with Bugaboo that they will donate a buggy to a charity of their choice and you can run some sort of insta campaign on it. Then you would be an influencer actually doing some good.

She goes to California on an odd 6 week pretend we live here trip- message no you don’t and probably won’t because whilst you like the idea of living in Cali you are forgetting the “downsides” to expat life...no family nearby, no pup, no Waitrose and more importantly no Soho House. And don’t show yourself to be thick whilst in Cali...post after post moaning about the weather. Sorry Rebecca whilst you might not have sun the rest of California was rejoicing at the rain. Three years of drought and devastating wild fires (google Paradise Fire) tends to do that.

And then you start to get negative posts. Be a woman and answer the criticism. Don’t just delete. Even the biggest most respected brands realise they have to take the criticism on the chin and either address it or make a joke (or both).

I could go on. But I won’t. Because maybe when the “industry” comes crashing down I might have a second career as an influencer who gives back to society. Now that’s a novel idea....someone who gets a following but actually does something great for the good of society. Can you imagine. And the people of Tattle will forever be my friends as being the ones that made me realise I’m not alone in wishing the insta bubble would burst.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Hashtagblessed

I just wanted to offer a different perspective here. I have a small business that relies on influencers for sales. Far from them being "freebies", I am hugely grateful when an influencer accepts and posts about my product for free, this generates interest and sales for me allowing me to grow a business which would have been hugely difficult back the 'traditional media' days. Time spent taking photos and writing about my product would have cost me to be placed in a magazine, money that I couldn't afford to spend when growing a business, Instagram and its influencers has opened doors for small businesses to compete with the big guys and that is a wonderful thing. Just some food for thought.
Speaking as a fellow small business owner I promise you there are more sustainable ways to grow your business on Instagram. Instead of allocating funds towards free products and free delivery to influencers it is far more worthwhile offering discounts, free gifts, free delivery etc. to your existing customers!

Potential customers prefer to see genuine recommendations from people who’ve paid for your products. It builds trust and, in my humble opinion, it’s the only way to get genuinely enthusiastic support for your business.

The influencer bubble is bursting so it really is time to think of more sustainable ways to grow and support your business.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Gossipqueen30

Chatty Member
This was the comment that got me 🤦🏼‍♀️ You haven’t been off “for a while” Rebecca, you’ve been “off” ever since you left university and married your cradle snatcher husband - who your parents didn’t see an issue with as he could afford to keep you in the spoilt lifestyle you’re accustomed to! And yes, when you’ve been doing it every day for years, there IS only so much sitting around you can do, but please be aware that your average pregnant woman will have worked until at least 36 weeks pregnant, and therefore be absolutely relishing the chance to finally sit down and relax. If you’re reading this Rebecca, please realise how spoilt and patronising your comment sounds.

F9C6640E-E2B3-46A8-8645-6CCBADC2A679.jpeg

This whole “maternity leave” thing really gets my back up. Now, I’m not saying that if you’re freelance or you work from home you’ve got it easy - far from it - but taking a few photos for Instagram, jetting off on free holidays, doing appalling wooden ad campaigns to advertise products you’ve never actually used, and writing for your OWN blog (where there is no one to hold you accountable for the awful content you post) is NOT A JOB!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop pretending it is!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Barbs14

Good lord! I guess being bored means finding excuses to have more last dates. Why not see if you can squeeze in an early Christmas grabecca so you enjoy one last one before the baby is here 🤣

• Haha

Ellabella

VIP Member
Is she going to document every single thing she does as "one last time just the two of us".

Can't wait for pictures of her on the toilet "taking one last shit on my own".

• Haha

Disgruntled

So she's 37 weeks? And she was talking about taking raspberry leaf capsules and tea well over a week ago to bring on labour 😒
And now she’s expressing colostrum for the freezer.... over-sharing much?! I don’t want that image in my mind 🤢 I wonder if the aging-lothario-cradle-snatcher is milking her?! 🤣🤢 URGH now that image... sorry everyone!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

pinkrobot

VIP Member
This is the thing and why she isn’t any good at this influencer malarkey.

When she got busted on the Vitabiotics advert she should have come out and said “I made a mistake. I wasn’t true to my values that I wrote about and I’m sorry”. Everyone would have had a lot more long term respect for her. Of course, Rebecca can only think of the short term and isn’t clever enough to realise thata statement like that would have helped her “brand”.

Same is true of the Bugaboo. Instead of writing a winey post defending herself, as a Sunday Times top influencer, she should have realised before accepting the gift that the better thing to do would be to donate it to a charity- without making a song and dance about it- or, if she really wanted the followers- run a competition. Apparently finding a charity is tough (not sure why there are plenty in Hertfordshire that would be happy to accept) so if that’s the case then use your law degree (but not good enough to get a training contract) skills and negotiate with Bugaboo that they will donate a buggy to a charity of their choice and you can run some sort of insta campaign on it. Then you would be an influencer actually doing some good.

She goes to California on an odd 6 week pretend we live here trip- message no you don’t and probably won’t because whilst you like the idea of living in Cali you are forgetting the “downsides” to expat life...no family nearby, no pup, no Waitrose and more importantly no Soho House. And don’t show yourself to be thick whilst in Cali...post after post moaning about the weather. Sorry Rebecca whilst you might not have sun the rest of California was rejoicing at the rain. Three years of drought and devastating wild fires (google Paradise Fire) tends to do that.

And then you start to get negative posts. Be a woman and answer the criticism. Don’t just delete. Even the biggest most respected brands realise they have to take the criticism on the chin and either address it or make a joke (or both).

I could go on. But I won’t. Because maybe when the “industry” comes crashing down I might have a second career as an influencer who gives back to society. Now that’s a novel idea....someone who gets a following but actually does something great for the good of society. Can you imagine. And the people of Tattle will forever be my friends as being the ones that made me realise I’m not alone in wishing the insta bubble would burst.
Brilliant post. Thank you for articulating it all so well. I don’t usually read her blog as it’s so poorly written and self-indulgent. But I read the baby clothes blog post yesterday and even by her standards it was utterly nauseating and shallow. I have never seen so many clothes for one baby in my entire life and it hasn’t even been born yet! It is obscene and I pity her poor child growing up in a house where there is is such emphasis on materialism.

I worry so much how her posts might make first time mums feels. To anyone who is pregnant and reads these posts and feels inadequate please don’t. All a new baby needs is a few vests and sleepsuits (clothes wise) and lots of love. Some of her post was ridiculous. “I’m a big fan of knitwear” for babies, says the woman who has never has a baby. A comment about how she will be probably inundated with clothes by family and friends when the baby is born. Presumptuous much? And I do not believe for one second she will be shopping for second hand bargains when the baby gets bigger. That is just spin to manage the fall out of all the freebies and gifts she has got and still will be getting. There is something so wrong in this world when we have a real poverty problem in this country and yet the big brands choose to lavish endless baby gifts on a woman who goes on 20 holidays a year.

Reactions: 15

Katiearchiedan

I am a first time mum, due in September and I've really had to constantly keep myself in check when following her Instagram and reading her blogs.

From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I thought back to her post about when they found out and how magical it all was and how wonderful it was to tell their parents. We were trying for a baby, but only just, and whilst I feel incredibly lucky to have fallen pregnant so quickly, the day I found out wasn't a fairytale like her seemed... I remember being so worried about the fact i wasn't ready, and equally so terrified that I might lose the baby and not even know. Until my 12 week scan I was a nervous wreck and I know from talking to people that I wasn't the only one who felt like that and she paints it all so perfectly like nothing ever troubles her (except utter crap like do babies need shoes) and it's all just so magical.

And now all the clothes. I cant express my emotions over that post. The fact that she basically says she wanted to find out what they were having so she could buy clothes for it. (We haven't found out what we're having because why on earth does it matter what it wears for the first few months (or years?!?!) And the constant reference to what will the baby suit?????? Babies suit anything surely and again, does it matter????? Like you might go to a baby group and someone tells you oooo she doesn't suit that sick covered baby grow. Ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Katiearchiedan

This boredom thing is driving me crazy.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my first baby and, like most women, having to work until 2 weeks before my due date due to financial constraints. I work full time as a solicitor in a highly pressurised environment, I also run a Guiding unit and have other roles in Girlguiding as well, we have a dog and my husband works full time as well.

I've just come back from a holiday in Scotland and I took an extra days hols yesterday and it was utter bliss... I went for a swim, I walked the dog twice, I took my dad for a pub lunch, did some gardening, did the washing, and it got to the end of the day and I hadn't done half the stuff I needed to for Guiding etc.

I just don't see how she can be so bored. Her life must be so empty. I'd kill to have this time off work to be able to finish the nursery, read books, swim more, etc.

Back to reality for me today and a long day at work after a 6am alarm call followed by a mad dash home to eat something before a guiding meeting.

She doesn't know she's born.

Reactions: 14

Starshining

VIP Member
This boredom thing is driving me crazy.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my first baby and, like most women, having to work until 2 weeks before my due date due to financial constraints. I work full time as a solicitor in a highly pressurised environment, I also run a Guiding unit and have other roles in Girlguiding as well, we have a dog and my husband works full time as well.

I've just come back from a holiday in Scotland and I took an extra days hols yesterday and it was utter bliss... I went for a swim, I walked the dog twice, I took my dad for a pub lunch, did some gardening, did the washing, and it got to the end of the day and I hadn't done half the stuff I needed to for Guiding etc.

I just don't see how she can be so bored. Her life must be so empty. I'd kill to have this time off work to be able to finish the nursery, read books, swim more, etc.

Back to reality for me today and a long day at work after a 6am alarm call followed by a mad dash home to eat something before a guiding meeting.

She doesn't know she's born.
The difference between you both is you are a giving person, you contribute to society and you give your time freely to a troupe of little girls giving them purpose and achievement.

Grabby sits at home “working 🙄” and hoping you swipe up to allow her to sit at home.

I think I would prefer your lifestyle

• Heart

Davesbird

Oh the irony... slating her family for not working... sorry Rebecca, what is it you do again???? {apart from shag an old man & whinge all the time}...{and use fancy brackets allllllllll the time}.... and say alllllllllll alllllllll of the time. Sorry... #ihavethisthingwithbeingpissedoffwithspoiltcunts

• Haha

Meringue22

VIP Member
It’s all so embarrassing but I can’t stop watching! One ‘last’ picture the two of us (except it’s not) one ‘last’ date night (except it’s not) one ‘last’ bump pic (except it’s not) She’s just setting herself up for such stress and I don’t understand why. She started talking about inducing labour TWO WEEKS ago and she only just turned 38 weeks now! She’s now replying to people asking about her due date saying she could have a couple more weeks to go when in actual fact she could have up to 4 more bastard weeks. Are we gonna have ‘last’ pics every day until then? So fucking weird.
Last wee with her vag intact? 🤣

• Haha

Gossipqueen30

Chatty Member
I'm confused, is she on "maternity leave" or not? She still seems to posting just the same amount as she always has. What's the difference?
There is no difference, because what she does for a “job” is post pretty photos on the internet 🙄 She’s hardly going to give that up for an entire 3 months is she? Also loving how she’s said she’s going “back to work” in September on her blog. Love, if you had a real job, you wouldn’t be going back to work 2 months after your child is born. You can “go back to work” as you put it because your “work” is a fucking joke. You sit at home all day in the garden, go for walks, have lunch with your mumma, take a few photos of peonies and maybe do the odd sham #presstrip where you get paid to swan off all over the world. You can return to “work” after 2 months because your so called work is what the average person would do on maternity leave anyway!! 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 13

Skewbedu

VIP Member
Wow totally rip off and don't get me started on the use of the word 'wifey' in her blog.

I have a confession to make. I was in Costco this week and bought a brownie mix because I knew someone has recommended it to me. I couldn't remember who until the middle of last night when I twigged it's the one Grabecca buys. Oh the horror. I almost can't eat the resulting brownies...

I said 'almost', Tattlers, I'm not completely mad.

In other news I've asked my husband if he could take himself off for a mani/ pedi as we are off to the beach today and I want his hand photo ready for the heart hands shots

• Haha
Reactions: 13