RVK Loves #3 #grabalongwithRVKloves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just Googled "rvkloves" as I wanted to see this blog post and Tattle is the third link that comes up under that search. Good job!

The clothes she has are beautiful but there is a lot.

I've never known anyone to buy as many clothes before the baby is here. Of course you stock up on your packs of sleepsuits and babygrows to get you started and maybe a few cute outfits but isn't it half the fun waiting until the baby's here and going shopping to choose outfits for your actual baby now they've arrived. I just don't understand buying all those "proper" outfits for a newborn that's not even here yet. And yes some of them look utterly impractical for a newborn with all the buttons and frills. I suspect there's going to be a lot of dressing the baby like a doll for the gram and them back into a babygrow for real life. How sad.

As for her complaining that she's so bored, she doesn't realize that at this point, most women have just finished up work for mat leave now and are only now going into to shopping and nesting mode for the last few weeks. She's bored stupid becasue she's been in shopping and nesting mode for the past 7 months!! She's on a different planet. She's replying to every comment on instagram. Well that will keep her engagement up becasue otherwise her account is in the toilet now that her vacuous empty life is being shown for what it is.

Anyone notice mention of presumably the first trip somewhere hot in January. Guesses....Maldives, Mauritius???

Reactions: 4
I've never known anyone to buy as many clothes before the baby is here. Of course you stock up on your packs of sleepsuits and babygrows to get you started and maybe a few cute outfits but isn't it half the fun waiting until the baby's here and going shopping to choose outfits for your actual baby now they've arrived. I just don't understand buying all those "proper" outfits for a newborn that's not even here yet. And yes some of them look utterly impractical for a newborn with all the buttons and frills. I suspect there's going to be a lot of dressing the baby like a doll for the gram and them back into a babygrow for real life. How sad.

As for her complaining that she's so bored, she doesn't realize that at this point, most women have just finished up work for mat leave now and are only now going into to shopping and nesting mode for the last few weeks. She's bored stupid becasue she's been in shopping and nesting mode for the past 7 months!! She's on a different planet. She's replying to every comment on instagram. Well that will keep her engagement up becasue otherwise her account is in the toilet now that her vacuous empty life is being shown for what it is.

Anyone notice mention of presumably the first trip somewhere hot in January. Guesses....Maldives, Mauritius???
That’s two trips before the child is even 6 months... absolutely crazy!

This 🙌🙌

That’s two trips before the child is even 6 months... absolutely crazy!
Can't see her settling for a nice family trip to Spain either 😂

My old school friend booked a trip to the Caribbean before their baby was born, as their first family trip. I remember them saying 'having a baby won't change anything, we will go to the same places we always have' and thinking 🤔

Having tried to take a 6 month old to the Caribbean and realising their baby hated the flight, hated the heat, hated the change of routine, she swore never again and admitted she was far too over ambitious and naive and it wasn't fair on the baby and they hated every minute.

My toddler still isn't much better! 😂

She has no idea what she's letting herself in for! She's so used to everything being easy and doing whatever she wants, whenever she wants. Traveling with kids is not easy! Kids in general are not easy 😂

Reactions: 5

My bet would be she's bought that crossover back pink outfit to do matchy matchy from behind shots at the Amalfi Coast like she did with Ben. I'd just found her account when she was there and everyone was going mad asking where it was from. It was her version of his pink shorts for a while. Do you think she's got a list somewhere of 'insta photos to take when baby arrives' and a plan of how to incorporate her into the straw hat photos? Sad cow.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Even in this day and age giving birth is still a dangerous business for mother and baby so I don’t think booking holidays before the baby has even arrived is very sensible.

Reactions: 6
My bet would be she's bought that crossover back pink outfit to do matchy matchy from behind shots at the Amalfi Coast like she did with Ben. I'd just found her account when she was there and everyone was going mad asking where it was from. It was her version of his pink shorts for a while. Do you think she's got a list somewhere of 'insta photos to take when baby arrives' and a plan of how to incorporate her into the straw hat photos? Sad cow.
Don’t forget hand heart photos- maybe framing the baby’s feet 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t be surprised if she really does have a list 🤣

I don’t think my daughter has ever had that amount of clothes and there were baby clothes she never even wore. I think she has enough for a new outfit every day in each size. I’d be surprised if each outfit got more than one wear.

If she has another 3 weeks til the due date she could have another 5 weeks to go still. That also means she has another 3 or so weeks growing to do - How I felt at 36/37 weeks was nothing to how I felt at 40 weeks. I really hope the last part goes smoothly though for her.

Even in this day and age giving birth is still a dangerous business for mother and baby so I don’t think booking holidays before the baby has even arrived is very sensible.
I couldn't agree more. She just seems to be treating this whole thing like it's nothing more than a bit of a gimmick.

No thoughts other than pretty clothes, a baby passport, more photo opportunities - She's just going to pop it out and carry on arranging flowers all day and flying around the world every two weeks.

I think I was a million times more clued up than she is, and having my first baby still hit me like a tonne of bricks.

Reactions: 6
Her moaning about boredom is really distasteful. She should get a meaningful hobby, I had six weeks off before my first, it was an amazing time, I did alll the things I’d wanted to do for ages - piano playing, drawing, wrote letters to friends, sorted the house, watched TV, went out for lunches. It’s a sign of her dripping with privilege lifestyle that none of these hold interest for her, because she gets to do them all the time. I’d love to see her have to live a week of a normal person, work, chores, sleep.

It’s a trope but it takes a boring person to be bored, especially when you have as much freedom as she does.

Reactions: 12
I couldn't agree more. She just seems to be treating this whole thing like it's nothing more than a bit of a gimmick.

No thoughts other than pretty clothes, a baby passport, more photo opportunities - She's just going to pop it out and carry on arranging flowers all day and flying around the world every two weeks.

I think I was a million times more clued up than she is, and having my first baby still hit me like a tonne of bricks.
I thought that too. What if something goes wrong? And hopefully it doesn't but you never know. I was thinking about RVK lately as I know a lot of women have issues with their body image post partum and RVK had an eating disorder in the past. Hopefully it doesn't trigger that for her.

It's like there is nothing in her life other than baby, it's so weird. Imagine what a dullard she must be in real life. How someone this lacking in wherewithal managed to study for a degree is beyond me.
Grabecca your moment of celebrity is soon going to pass because your audience is becoming bored of you. You have nothing new to say or show, yet you post the endless drivel to try to keep relevant and current. It's not working.

I think that is an obscene amount of clothes and I am surprised no one has tried to rein her in!
Hopefully she will donate some/most/all of these to charity once the baby is too big for them however I expect she will be flogging then on her other Instagram account ‘whatrvkloveswore’ so even if it was a freebie she can make some more money.

I think her materialistic, spoilt and vacuous lifestyle is disgusting and is something I’d be ashamed of rather than trying to lord it over people. I find her arrogance and her sheer audacity to talk down to others simply laughable! 😂

She’s bored waiting for the baby...only boring people get bored! 😉

• Heart
I loved that only boring people get bored!!!

I doubt she would give any of those clothes away- who would she possibly know who to give them to- and wouldn’t it be patronising 🙄

• Haha
Her blog post just made my blood boil! Such meaningless consumerism, sloppy writing and the more I see the more vapid and beige her life seems...

What’s wrong with simple sleepsuits?! 🙄

And if she did donate to charity or sell them and give the proceeds to a charity she’d make a right song and dance about it #mememe, and people would be kissing that bland arse of hers...

Reactions: 3
This is the thing and why she isn’t any good at this influencer malarkey.

When she got busted on the Vitabiotics advert she should have come out and said “I made a mistake. I wasn’t true to my values that I wrote about and I’m sorry”. Everyone would have had a lot more long term respect for her. Of course, Rebecca can only think of the short term and isn’t clever enough to realise thata statement like that would have helped her “brand”.

Same is true of the Bugaboo. Instead of writing a winey post defending herself, as a Sunday Times top influencer, she should have realised before accepting the gift that the better thing to do would be to donate it to a charity- without making a song and dance about it- or, if she really wanted the followers- run a competition. Apparently finding a charity is tough (not sure why there are plenty in Hertfordshire that would be happy to accept) so if that’s the case then use your law degree (but not good enough to get a training contract) skills and negotiate with Bugaboo that they will donate a buggy to a charity of their choice and you can run some sort of insta campaign on it. Then you would be an influencer actually doing some good.

She goes to California on an odd 6 week pretend we live here trip- message no you don’t and probably won’t because whilst you like the idea of living in Cali you are forgetting the “downsides” to expat life...no family nearby, no pup, no Waitrose and more importantly no Soho House. And don’t show yourself to be thick whilst in Cali...post after post moaning about the weather. Sorry Rebecca whilst you might not have sun the rest of California was rejoicing at the rain. Three years of drought and devastating wild fires (google Paradise Fire) tends to do that.

And then you start to get negative posts. Be a woman and answer the criticism. Don’t just delete. Even the biggest most respected brands realise they have to take the criticism on the chin and either address it or make a joke (or both).

I could go on. But I won’t. Because maybe when the “industry” comes crashing down I might have a second career as an influencer who gives back to society. Now that’s a novel idea....someone who gets a following but actually does something great for the good of society. Can you imagine. And the people of Tattle will forever be my friends as being the ones that made me realise I’m not alone in wishing the insta bubble would burst.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.