RVK Loves #11 Save your airmiles Rebecca, there’s a B&Q in Watford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know the legalities but are you allowed to claim SMP if you’re not working? Does influencing count as a job? Is she using her director status of her family business to claim SMP? If so, that’s disgraceful waste of government money. Could she be reported?!

Reactions: 5
Can you get SMP if you haven’t held a job or have been let go, or are currently unemployed?
My daughter is about a week older than Freya. Early on in my pregnancy I lost my job as the company went out of business. I found a job for the remaining 6 months. This was not long enough to be entitled to SMP so instead had to apply myself for maternity allowance which I think works out to be the same as SMP. Its just under £600 a month.

Reactions: 6
My daughter is about a week older than Freya. Early on in my pregnancy I lost my job as the company went out of business. I found a job for the remaining 6 months. This was not long enough to be entitled to SMP so instead had to apply myself for maternity allowance which I think works out to be the same as SMP. Its just under £600 a month.
Came onto say this. I think you can claim it when self employed too.

Reactions: 2
T'was me. And I am now blocked. Probably for the best to be honest. My baby is 2 months younger than hers and her constant drivvle, ramblings, humble bragging, holidays, lack of awareness of how lucky she is has negatively impacted on my already delicate post partum mental health. I don't know why I got so riled. I am actually doing ok at the moment but I just am so sick of her constant perfection interspersed with the odd oh my God I might be getting PND. It is so so damaging. And then the more she just surrounds herself with all these arse lickers and blocks out any challenges. I can't believe she has a law degree because she is completely unable to formulate a coherent response to challenge. I just want people like her to be accountable and answerable for the potential damage they are doing. Anyway I fear I've gone in too deep and it's negative for me...a new mum, having lost my own mum in the last few years, trying to balance all my emotions and be a good mum.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
T'was me. And I am now blocked. Probably for the best to be honest. My baby is 2 months younger than hers and her constant drivvle, ramblings, humble bragging, holidays, lack of awareness of how lucky she is has negatively impacted on my already delicate post partum mental health. I don't know why I got so riled. I am actually doing ok at the moment but I just am so sick of her constant perfection interspersed with the odd oh my God I might be getting PND. It is so so damaging. And then the more she just surrounds herself with all these arse lickers and blocks out any challenges. I can't believe she has a law degree because she is completely unable to formulate a coherent response to challenge. I just want people like her to be accountable and answerable for the potential damage they are doing. Anyway I fear I've gone in too deep and it's negative for me...a new mum, having lost my own mum in the last few years, trying to balance all my emotions and be a good mum.
Do you mean yours was the original comment on her post? The one that got jumped on by the arse licker?

If so, you're best off out of it. She's on another planet. You take care of yourself and your boy.

Reactions: 7
I’ve written a bit further up, I thought your post was really well-written, not attacking in the slightest, and I whole-heartedly agreed. The people who jumped on to defend Grabby were plain rude (no surprises), and couldn’t see the irony that by telling you she was allowed an opinion they were effectively saying you weren’t allowed one 🤦🏻‍♀️

I hope you and your baby are doing well 💕

Reactions: 10
Do you mean yours was the original comment on her post? The one that got jumped on by the arse licker?

If so, you're best off out of it. She's on another planet. You take care of yourself and your boy.
Yes. I probably should have dropped it sooner but that tit really got on my goat

I’ve written a bit further up, I thought your post was really well-written, not attacking in the slightest, and I whole-heartedly agreed. The people who jumped on to defend Grabby were plain rude (no surprises), and couldn’t see the irony that by telling you she was allowed an opinion they were effectively saying you weren’t allowed one 🤦🏻‍♀️

I hope you and your baby are doing well 💕
Thank you very much. Thought I'd try and put my law degree to some good use whilst on mat leave from being a solicitor 😂

Your words are kind and well needed today. We are finding our feet slowly...I fear I'm the worst mum ever but I hope I'm not the only one to have that feeling and I just try and take each day as it comes now.

The people jumping on actually upset me more than her. Why they had to come on my post like that I don't know. But you are right...the irony of their posts was totally lost on them.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hang in there and don’t worry about her, I actually feel a bit sorry for her! If instagram isn’t around in 10 / 20 years she will look back at all the perfectly posed photos and think what was all that for...maybe i should have spent less time my phone???

I don’t think she is a bad person she is just VERY out of touch with the real world!!! BUT hopefully the engagement and likes of your reasonable and constructive comment will make her think twice before posting something insensitive or smug...maybe

Reactions: 8
I'm blocked too!!! Feel quite privileged. She really is a twit. No idea of the real world. I'm not one of these people who hates on the rich or believes in sharing the wealth, if you've earnt your money you should spend it how you like. It's her complete lack of life awareness or empathy that winds me up.

Regarding her mat leave, I think someone somewhere in her family was an accountant, they know how to play the system for sure.

As far as my understanding goes, I'm pretty sure this is how she's working it. She does sweet FA for any of the businesses her husband and dad ownes but she will be on the books and claiming a wage, presumably for tax reasons as it's classed as a business expense so lower corporation tax, and no income tax on her first £12k. She will be (as has already said that she is) claiming SMP from the government because of this.

Beyond keeping in touch days, she isn't allowed to work for that particular company whilst claiming SMP. BUT she is technically allowed to still earn money from another job, like freelance 'blogging'.

I'm almost certain that is the deal but it's an absolute bloody swindle. A bunch of greedy, money grabbing system players.

So she will argue that she is entitled to SMP, but technically she didn't get a proper maternity leave because she continued her freelance bullshit 'job'. Just another thing for her to greedy grab having done sod all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Regarding her mat leave, I think someone somewhere in her family was an accountant, they know how to play the system for sure.

As far as my understand goes, I'm pretty sure this is how she's working it. She does sweet FA for any of the businesses her husband and dad ownes but she will be on the books and claiming a wage, presumably for tax reasons. She will be (as has already said that she is) claiming SMP from the government because of this.

Beyond keeping in touch days, she isn't allowed to work for that particular company whilst claiming SMP. BUT she is technically allowed to still earn money from another job, like freelance 'blogging'.

I'm almost certain that is the deal but it's an absolute bloody swindle. A bunch of greedy, money grabbing system players.

So she will argue that she is entitled to SMP, but technically she didn't get a proper maternity leave because she continued her freelance bullshit 'job'. Just another thing for her to greedy grab having done sod all.
Ben is a qualified accountant

Keep going, being a mum is super hard but I bet you’re doing an amazing job and being the best mother that you can be. Xxxx

Yes. I probably should have dropped it sooner but that tit really got on my goat

Thank you very much. Thought I'd try and put my law degree to some good use whilst on mat leave from being a solicitor 😂

Your words are kind and well needed today. We are finding our feet slowly...I fear I'm the worst mum ever but I hope I'm not the only one to have that feeling and I just try and take each day as it comes now.

The people jumping on actually upset me more than her. Why they had to come on my post like that I don't know. But you are right...the irony of their posts was totally lost on them.
You made excellent points and good on you for standing up for yourself in a polite and well rounded way. That other women needed to back off, no one needs that level of defending. She should have taken her own advice and scrolled past.
I'm a mum of three, at one point I had three under five, so I know that inner voice that says "I'm rubbish at this. Why is everyone else doing brilliantly" and of course all of those I perceived as brilliant had the same inner voice telling them they were rubbish too. But when you are in the thick of it I know each day can be hard going. But each day as it comes is how we survive it and then one day you are sat trying not to cry when your child is an angel or shepherd in the nativity and is obviously the star of the show and you forget all those over tired crappy days.

• Heart
So she says for everyone to see “maybe you should just unfollow for your own sake.” Then what others cannot see is she then blocks you 🙄👊🏽

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.