RVK Loves #10 Australia's burning. Grabby doesn't care as long as she's earning.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And how she isn’t been very clear that they’ve kept Freya out of the sun. She storied earlier saying despite wearing a hat and suncream her face felt ‘fried’, also said it was 40° and that they were staying inside... clearly didn’t do that
It’s crazy. That they seem to be putting aesthetics before the safety of their skin. I used to work in a hospital and dealt with people with skin cancer and it’s scared the bejesus out of me. I’m fair and when the temp gets to 21 degrees it gets too much for me and I stay inside. My 7month old is ginger and I’m already worried about our holiday to Cornwall in the summer and making sure that he stays safe and unburnt.

Reactions: 4
My mind is a bit blown by all this brand new information... we always thought mama and papa Kedgley were complicit but perhaps it’s anything but. I feel we need a few more details though ...

Reactions: 3
Reactions: 7
Maybe her family had to embrace Ben to keep Rebecca safe, it seems that nothing was going to stop this relationship and it could have been made worse of they pushed her away. I also think it’s very odd that she’s put so much info about their relationship out there and and lives her life so publicly and not expect people to have opinions on her life.

I still don’t get why she’s gone to Australia in the height of summer and still not addressed the fires.
Maybe the alternative was to not see her anymore so they had to deal with it.

Reactions: 3
If it’s right (and it’s just conjecture ) that her parents involved the police then it must have been a living hell for them. I wonder if that’s what caused the eating disorder (the police investigation and not being allowed to see Ben). Maybe her parents were so worried about her health and mental state they forced themselves to accept Ben, so not to lose her totally. But it seems inconceivable they got to a point within a couple of years where they bought them a flat in Maida Vale (if that’s right). And now they regularly gush on about their amazing son in law.
Again what normal 25 year old makes a ‘connection’ with a 13 (or 14) year old school-girl and then keeps on constant contact with her for the next 2 years. She was a child. It’s obscene.

Reactions: 5
In that article she said they bought a flat together, in Maida Vale, when she was 18. Thought it was her parents’ flat. Sounds like he wasn’t letting her out of his sight.

As per this article, he isnt a paedophile. Ephebophile suits the situation better back at the time.

Mick Jagger's and mandy smith, elvis and Priscilla Presley's relationships all follow the same pattern
It was Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith, not Mick Jagger.

It is paedophilia. Let’s not be afraid to call it out for what it is. Shying away from it means that people like Ben can continue to hide in plain sight.
What makes you uncomfortable about calling it what it is? Because the people are attractive? Because she’s now an adult? Objectively, a 23 year old adult showing romantic sexual interest in a 13 year old child is a paedophile.
“Because the people are attractive” eh? Have you seen Grabby and Ben?🤣
I just feel uncomfortable labelling him a peadophile when we don’t know the full story. End of discussion on that, as far as my opinion is concerned.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He sounds really insecure - I doubt she enjoyed University living in their flat together. I suspect she showed an interest and he leapt upon it. Maybe he was bullied in the past?

He does seem to totally dote on her (hence Benpecked) and she obviously idealised that type of relationship. Also there was the article in which her dad admits to being a jealous husband - perhaps their dysfunctional relationship influenced her.

It’s certainly not the aspirational lifestyle that White Company / Joules / Libertys were hoping for!

Reactions: 2
I was wondering how many houses he bought and and sold before meeting her given he was only 25 and couldn't have gone through that many properties.
I’ve closed Companies House, but it’s all public records. From memory, he bought five relatively inexpensive houses in the Midlands in very quick succession around the time he first met her.

A couple of years later, when she was 16, he made her director of the company, though she has since resigned from that role. He may have had a sixth personal property. He seems to still have all those properties and they haven’t risen much in value and they don’t turn over a huge profit - though it probably felt like a huge profit to an immature schoolgirl.

It appears he grew up in the same locality as her and it looks like maybe his father was the company’s secretary originally but he has also since resigned. The company was registered to her parents’ address for a long period.

There are two other companies he is involved with and one more she is involved with, but I didn’t read further due to time/work/interest. {Sadly I’m not on maternity leave?}

Reactions: 6
“Because the people are attractive” eh? Have you seen Grabby and Ben?🤣
I just feel uncomfortable labelling him a peadophile when we don’t know the full story. End of discussion on that, as far as my opinion is concerned.
I don’t understand the squeamishness. We can label him a pweirdo based on her own account of how they got together. Don’t need to know the full story. There’s nothing else we could learn that would make it not dodgy as duck.

Reactions: 9
Her parents getting the police involved was the reason they weren't together for those couple of years.
The creepiest part was that he made a wedding book and put her face on the bride with something like "this will be us when you are old enough"
Just threw up in my mouth a little. Oh god that is vile.

Reactions: 2
i found this article on the Watford Observer from 2016. It mentions that the year 8 trip hasn’t been running for 3 years because they were hoping to take other years on trips there. Grabby would certainly have been on that trip prior to 2013 so we do have confirmation from the school that she would have been in year 8 (so aged 12/13) when she met Ben.
There was no mention in the article of students attending that trip during any other year and the school is heavily involved with the Welsh farmhouse because they agreed to cover the running costs and have worked closely with it since the 90s.

Reactions: 1
Maybe the alternative was to not see her anymore so they had to deal with it.
I was in a very emotionally abusive relationship and my mum has said that she was very careful with how she felt and giving her opinions as she knew I was so in love with this boy that she could very easily have pushed me away and that would have made the situation a whole lot worse.

we know that she reads this and I can’t help but think of what impact this thread must be having on her.

I just want to put a theory here.

With all this new information, but it's been here for a while.. If that was my daughter, I'd call the police on him and push it for her safety and take measures to make sure that he could never contact her again no matter how brutal she found it. Taking phone off her etc. For her safety. Her parents obviously had prior concern to phone the police.
Secondly, if my son was grooming or trying to persue a 13 year old at the age of 23 I'd still be calling the bleeping police on him. It's not right and you're Damn right that I'd turn my own son in than someone get hurt. Regardless if it was innocent or not.

My theory is is that mumma and dadda haven't given her enough attention in her life and they're trying to make up for it now. She thrives on attention, which is why I think she may have thrown herself at Ben. They obviously didn't care enough to put a proper stop to this as I call bullshit on the police not having a case. I truly do. Regardless, it's against the law for him to be interested in a minor so of course they had a case.
Either that or she was really that much of a burden they were happy for Ben to take her off their hands.

I don’t understand the squeamishness. We can label him a pweirdo based on her own account of how they got together. Don’t need to know the full story. There’s nothing else we could learn that would make it not dodgy as duck.
No matter the label is used, what I find fascinating is Rebecca and her mother are ADAMANT on social media that they both lead charmed, affluent, middle class lives.

Scratch the surface and you have heavy drinking, a jealous husband, underage grooming, an eating disorder, one child with anxiety and another with depression.

And they put all that information out there, online where it will never be forgotten.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I think I read on here ages ago about her dad writing a testimonial for a self help book or self help cds or hypnotherapy or something like that and he talked about their marriage, drinking etc and just pretty personal stuff if I remember. Can’t remember exact context but I just remember thinking that I would have kept that to myself!

Reactions: 6
No surprises he doesn’t seem to have any non-NCT mates. I can’t imagine wanting to be friends with a 25 year old guy and his 15 year old girlfriend. It’s just weird no matter which way you look at it or what fairytale spin you put on it. Grabby appears to live in a suspended childhood which could be where the ED comes from; a reluctance to grow up an accept a changing body in puberty 🤷🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.