Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at the HB article, there's bits of her furniture/decor which are mid century modern (ercol, rattan chair etc), I'm guessing as they've lived in that design of house before, the move was decided due to the combination of location, view and type of property. Totally get that MCM doesn't appeal to everyone though, and there are not that many true MCM properties in the UK, and even less with a view and rural setting, I know many would disagree but I think the new house is a bit of a gem. Armchair sleuthing is always fun ;)
Having grown up in a house which resembled the new house surrounded by Georgian piles, I’ll take the Georgian pile anyday! It really was a thing of beauty.

Reactions: 6
OT but I really like 1930’s houses but I’m clueless when it comes to architecture. I learnt about Brutalist as my university is designed in that way in many of its buildings... but that’s about it 😆 Personally and objectively speaking, the Georgian house was something I wouldn’t give up compared to the new house!

Reactions: 5
Looking at the HB article, there's bits of her furniture/decor which are mid century modern (ercol, rattan chair etc), I'm guessing as they've lived in that design of house before, the move was decided due to the combination of location, view and type of property. Totally get that MCM doesn't appeal to everyone though, and there are not that many true MCM properties in the UK, and even less with a view and rural setting, I know many would disagree but I think the new house is a bit of a gem. Armchair sleuthing is always fun ;)
I agree. It will be a gem. No house will compete with the old one which she acknowledged in her video, and they aren’t going to live in any old house it would have cost £1mil I bet.

Their last house was mid century and completely to their taste so I can see why they went back to that style.

Reactions: 4
Eugh, I can’t forgive leaving that Georgian house. But then I also can’t forgive putting carpet in that house, so Ruth and I clearly have different tastes and priorities.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just watched her latest video. Everyone in comments is shocked SHOCKED!!! that she has moved. One person said they were traumatised, which is taking it a bit far, if you ask me! 😄 Anyway, Ruth said in comments that she doesn't think they will move again for a LONG time. It seems that the move was all about location. She mentions a few times that the Georgian beauty was the perfect house, but they always knew that because of the location they would have to move; maybe they wanted to be more central to things as the kids got older? She doesn't specify.

She does seem a bit reluctant to share renovations on this place; I guess it's because she knows it will never live up to the beauty and grandeur of the last place, and then she'll have to read all about that in the comments!

Reactions: 2
Wasn't the last mid century a short walk from the train? I seem to remember that from one of her vlogs. I'd love to live somewhere quiet but still have access to everything. Has this new place got a train station etc. I began to read an article yesterday on it but didn't finish it.

The downside of sharing your life on social media is that everyone has an opinion on it and isn’t shy about giving it, however polite one chooses to be.

I think she will share any renovations; she’s a nice person but she’s not above chasing a freebie when it suits.

Reactions: 7
The downside of sharing your life on social media is that everyone has an opinion on it and isn’t shy about giving it, however polite one chooses to be.

I think she will share any renovations; she’s a nice person but she’s not above chasing a freebie when it suits.
And her followers are not as rabid as most probably because of the nice factor. She'll definitely share shes got used to not paying :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve loved both previous houses for different reasons so I assume this one will be lovely too. Oh to have a bank balance like hers! *sigh*

Reactions: 3
If you read the Harpers article she must pay for some of it - I can’t see antiques dealers or flea markets giving a f*** about influencers. I suppose though she can afford that by getting so much else free.

I don’t really get the thought process there - ‘this is the perfect house but at the same time we will have to move soon’. And in the meantime spend tens of thousands on renovating a house we won’t live in for very long? 🤔

Reactions: 8
Maybe they're splitting up? (I have ZERO basis for saying this other than I can't see another reason to leave that lovely house.)

Reactions: 1
I don’t get the ‘dream location’ reasoning personally - yes, the new house is closer to Bath, but you’d still need to rely on driving / public transport (almost non-existent in the westcountry!) and would have to get to Bath for trains to London etc. The Georgian house was also in a village of course, but close to Frome which is a town well known for its community mindedness and full of creative types - lots of Londoners are buying up property there and it often gets featured in those “top places to live in the UK” type lists. Bath is quite a boring place as far as cities go! Maybe she just wants to be closer to the nearest SpaceNK 😂

Reactions: 2
Wasn't the last mid century a short walk from the train? I seem to remember that from one of her vlogs. I'd love to live somewhere quiet but still have access to everything. Has this new place got a train station etc. I began to read an article yesterday on it but didn't finish it.
I didn't follow her when they lived there but did read she'd described it as being a 1970's place they renovated on stilts near a river. I don't know where the Georgian place was but new place is only 15 mins drive from the centre of Bath.

This was their house before the Somerset move , I love it.

• Wow
Reactions: 10

I really liked that house too. In a way I have respect for Ruth moving to a style of property she and her husband love rather than staying in the Georgian house if it didn’t suit her just because it’s other people’s idea of the dream house.

Reactions: 4

Thank you for this link! I have never seen this house brochure and description. I only remember thinking “it’s like living on the set of Mad Men” when I watched her videos 😁

and I kind of imagined Mr AMR to look like Don Draper 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Thanks for sharing this - I started following her in the Somerset House so never saw this one. Both are beautiful and tasteful but completely different. For me, I prefer the Georgian but I could see how it would be a constant money pit!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.