Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps they decided to cash in on the old house and scale back work? Or they couldn't afford the upkeep (renovations obvs always go way over budget). So maybe it's a financial decision.
I’m
She's posted more pics today. I wonder if she's been reading here and feels she has to justify her decision by showing other views?
I dread to think how much those spectacular glass doors cost on the old house. How the other half live eh?!

I definitely think you’ve got the right one, in the snowy pic there was what looked like a church behind the trees and that would fit with the view from the house looking on google maps... (edited to add: pretty sure it is visible on satellite view too)
Yep! And the new pic on insta with “higher up view across The Valley” confirms it. Looking over the village parish church and showing the large balcony/terrace on the upper floor.

now I gotta go back to satellite to find her secret garden 🤓

Reactions: 2
IF I have the right house: follow the yellow van “down the road”. On the left side you’ll find Trevor’s rectory. Further along the street on the left you’ll see another more modern house with a big terrace on the top floor. On the gate there is a distinctive name. It has stairs leading into the garden that look like the ones from Ruth’s snow covered pic on insta.
Inside you cannot see 😣

Actually the easier way is to go to the village pub (Wheat**) on google street view and go down that road towards Trevor’s The Old Rectory and you’ll see the house on the right hand side before the old rectory.
Thank you 😀

Fucks sake 🙄 I’m lost again!

I’m in the village but going up every which way but...

Just passed a woman mowing her lawn.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm so surprised by this move. Followed her for ages, and have always quite liked how irreverent she is. Showed my husband and he thinks the new place is in a much nicer spot. I feel the Georgian house was "the dream". It's such a drastic change. Their new garden looks minuscule. So the kids have to play in the front garden, which doesn't exactly look safe or that private/secure? On the one hand being steps away from the pub/shop is great, but wouldn't that imply there will be a lot of traffic?

I don't know, it doesn't feel like this decision was made based solely on a view. Either the Georgian house became too expensive to maintain, or too cold, or something is up. If it was for financial reasons, it would be a nice thing to acknowledge particularly right now with everything going on in the world. That's a pool, right? Maybe they just wanted a pool?

I notice they were in Harper's Bazaar recently. I guess the adage is holding true that when people show their houses in spreads like that, or AD, it's because they're looking to sell.

Bazaar's link:

I think she'd be a fool not to film and monetize the reno. It's interesting content, far more than what she usually puts out.

I'm always pining for the options people have in the UK and Europe. In the US we have nothing as far as truly ancient rustic housing, with beams, stone and history. To purposely choose a "ski lodge" style feels very weird to me. But then I didn't care for her other previous house at all. At least the fireplace she's shown looks nice and rustic.

Reactions: 6
The snowy pictures confirm it. Their new house is in-between the property developer’s rectory home and the popular pub.

It’s such an unattractive house. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I love this! I don’t know if it’s allowed but it just shows we are all nosey buggers 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Looking at the HB article, there's bits of her furniture/decor which are mid century modern (ercol, rattan chair etc), I'm guessing as they've lived in that design of house before, the move was decided due to the combination of location, view and type of property. Totally get that MCM doesn't appeal to everyone though, and there are not that many true MCM properties in the UK, and even less with a view and rural setting, I know many would disagree but I think the new house is a bit of a gem. Armchair sleuthing is always fun ;)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.