Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had a look now. Looks like a nice area. Maybe Ruth felt a bit isolated out in the Georgian pile (I'm not sure how isolated they actually were) and all the building work going on next door can't have helped.

I can imagine that if the property mogul ever puts his house up for sale, Ruth will be on the move again!

Reactions: 2
Thanks to all the sleuthing here I have found it. It is beside the most stunning house I've seen, which belongs to the property developer mentioned above. It is to the right of this house as you look on Google maps. I'm sure it is it, its mid century, and the pic ahe posted today shows the railings etc. The name of her house is the same as where a member of the clergy would live?
Ok so looking at it I am totally shocked that they moved from the Georgian pile to this. I like mid century but there is no comparison. Absolutely nothing special about the view either based on her pic today. So I think the move was motivated by a need to downsize for financial or personal reasons, or the prestige of living next door to the property developer.

Reactions: 6
Thanks to all the sleuthing here I have found it. It is beside the most stunning house I've seen, which belongs to the property developer mentioned above. It is to the right of this house as you look on Google maps. I'm sure it is it, its mid century, and the pic ahe posted today shows the railings etc. The name of her house is the same as where a member of the clergy would live?
Ok so looking at it I am totally shocked that they moved from the Georgian pile to this. I like mid century but there is no comparison. Absolutely nothing special about the view either based on her pic today. So I think the move was motivated by a need to downsize for financial or personal reasons, or the prestige of living next door to the property developer.
Yes! This is the one I saw on street view the other day and I was certain it was it. Excellent work Tattlers 🕵🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Thanks to all the sleuthing here I have found it. I am totally shocked that they moved from the Georgian pile to this. I like mid century but there is no comparison. Absolutely nothing special about the view either based on her pic today.
I completely agree.

If it’s the house that people have described - the one between Trevor the property developer’s and the popular Wheat pub/restaurant - it’s a horrible downgrade.

It looks like the house that Kath (from Kath and Kim) lives in. 😂

The village is apparently popular with second-home owners. I expect they’ll renovate and extend it (as is Ruth’s compulsion) and then sell it for a killing to a Londoner.

Found it. Thank you for the obvious clues. I would never have got the anagram in a million years and it was only a matter of swapping 2 letters.

• Heart
Is it the one with the yellow van parked outside? How do you see inside? I need to up my sleuthing skills clearly😂

Is it the one with the yellow van parked outside? How do you see inside? I need to up my sleuthing skills clearly😂
IF I have the right house: follow the yellow van “down the road”. On the left side you’ll find Trevor’s rectory. Further along the street on the left you’ll see another more modern house with a big terrace on the top floor. On the gate there is a distinctive name. It has stairs leading into the garden that look like the ones from Ruth’s snow covered pic on insta.
Inside you cannot see 😣

IF I have the right house: follow the yellow van “down the road”. On the left side you’ll find Trevor’s rectory. Further along the street on the left you’ll see another more modern house with a big terrace on the top floor. On the gate there is a distinctive name. It has stairs leading into the garden that look like the ones from Ruth’s snow covered pic on insta.
Inside you cannot see 😣
Actually the easier way is to go to the village pub (Wheat**) on google street view and go down that road towards Trevor’s The Old Rectory and you’ll see the house on the right hand side before the old rectory.

Last edited:
It was sold by Savills for £1,125,000 - plenty of pictures still on their website. The inside (and outside) is immaculate, absolutely no renovation required - very bland in my opinion, not my taste at all. I'm not convinced it's her house - there are no wooden floors and no sign of the fireplace in her video.

It was sold by Savills for £1,125,000 - plenty of pictures still on their website. The inside (and outside) is immaculate, absolutely no renovation required - very bland in my opinion, not my taste at all. I'm not convinced it's her house - there are no wooden floors and no sign of the fireplace in her video.
that’s not the house we’re talking of, it’s got the wrong name

After the recent clues I don’t think it’s the house named like her former baby blog. But the one next to trevor’s the old rectory that has a name suggesting it used to belong to Trevor’s mansion. I wasn’t able to find any pics of the indoors so this is solely based off of 1) the post code visible on Ruth’s insta about the Hoover 2) the view over the snowy hill including stairs into the garden 3) the fact that it’s supposed to be a mid-century house and most houses in that village seem much older.
Hope that makes any sense?

Reactions: 5
I think it must be one of the houses at the western end of the village as the houses there all look much newer than in the rest of the village.

Inside you cannot see 😣

Actually the easier way is to go to the village pub (Wheat**) on google street view and go down that road towards Trevor’s The Old Rectory and you’ll see the house on the right hand side before the old rectory.
I definitely think you’ve got the right one, in the snowy pic there was what looked like a church behind the trees and that would fit with the view from the house looking on google maps... (edited to add: pretty sure it is visible on satellite view too)

Last edited:
I've finally found it, am well jel, love a bit of mid century modern, would love to see inside, outside does look fab if you're a fan of that era of architecture.

I definitely think you’ve got the right one, in the snowy pic there was what looked like a church behind the trees and that would fit with the view from the house looking on google maps... (edited to add: pretty sure it is visible on satellite view too)
i know the exact house and location but the location on satellite on Maps was close to non existent

I'd be so annoyed with her for sharing the postcode! Considering it's not on rightmove/estate agents sites we would have had no hope in finding it otherwise and now people on the interest know where she lives again (I know we are all just looking out of curiousity but I think i'd still find it creepy knowing random people on the internet knew where I lived)

Reactions: 3
Perhaps they decided to cash in on the old house and scale back work? Or they couldn't afford the upkeep (renovations obvs always go way over budget). So maybe it's a financial decision.

She's posted more pics today. I wonder if she's been reading here and feels she has to justify her decision by showing other views?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.