Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And yes another rambly post, this time it's about PMT while on lockdown. Tries to be funny but misses the mark as well as being full of cliches about women. Ruth, please please go back to your old format.

Reactions: 5
Right, so on stories today RC got a 'press discount' for an item, whatever that means. According to Ruth that doesn't make it an ad, even though she would be unlikely to feature the product if she hadn't got a press discount, and the item was most probably sent to her in exchange for exposure. Still not an ad though, eh? As far as I know, the rules for declaring adverts do not include this wank about 'press discounts'. An advert is an advert, stop trying to get round the bloody advertising rules.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Right, so on stories today RC got a 'press discount' for an item, whatever that means. According to Ruth that doesn't make it an ad, even though she would be unlikely to feature the product if she hadn't got a press discount, and the item was most probably sent to her in exchange for exposure. Still not an ad though, eh? As far as I know, the rules for declaring adverts do not include this wank about 'press discounts'. An advert is an advert, stop trying to get round the bloody advertising rules.
I know she fancies herself as a writer but since when has she been “press”?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen the latest post? That she is lying to her daughter about when her birthday is!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
What?? Why?

I tried to find the post but I couldn't...
it was on Insta stories. She said it was her daughters birthday one day this week but they were telling her it was on a Saturday. Can't remember the reason why. TBH I don't have any issue with that. Kids have no concept of dates and days at that age and if that suits them then go for it. I think having big celebrations for kids birthdays is a bit meh anyway, Its usually more for the parents than the kids.

Reactions: 6
This does my head in. Yes it is a ffffing ad because if you didn’t post that you had the dress given for free so all your followers could see it they would not send you any more fffing free stuff. We are not thick - you don’t post these pictures out of the goodness of your heart you post them for personal gain END OF

Attachments

Sometimes her YouTube video about why she has two wedding rings comes up as recommended to watch. I must have watched it 4/5 times over the years, something relaxing about it.

Things must be desperate as she’s advertising Ferrero Rocher chocolates on Instagram today.

• Wow
Things must be desperate as she’s advertising Ferrero Rocher chocolates on Instagram today.
A model advertising a(cheap) chocolate is not at all on brand, it’s ridiculous how most influencers will just shill whatever

Reactions: 7
Sorry if this has been missed, but do we know what her husband looks like? I'm very curious.

Reactions: 1
I don't understand why she never did a house tour. She showed parts of her home for ages but we never saw the whole thing, what's the point ?

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this has been missed, but do we know what her husband looks like? I'm very curious.
I think someone in this thread earlier sais that he was a celebrity photographer and actually did her pictures for, was it her hair products?

Thanks to @Lizzie Bennett found out that it's Richard Grassie, apparently very easy to spot in Ruth's vlog where they were shooting the campaign for the products.

Reactions: 2
Her husband is apparently super secretive and doesn't want to be displayed anywhere on her social channels. I find it hard to believe that he doesn't mind his kids being plastered all over social media?

Her husband is apparently super secretive and doesn't want to be displayed anywhere on her social channels. I find it hard to believe that he doesn't mind his kids being plastered all over social media?
I often think this... the amount of info about her kids that is shared is ridiculous, he can’t be ok with it surely!

Reactions: 3
I often think this... the amount of info about her kids that is shared is ridiculous, he can’t be ok with it surely!
I can't get over it. Influencer culture stinks. When the kids are older they'll be able to see their private moments growing up have been shared online for all to see, stuff like their potty training. Their friends will be able to see it too

I can't get over it. Influencer culture stinks. When the kids are older they'll be able to see their private moments growing up have been shared online for all to see, stuff like their potty training. Their friends will be able to see it too
I’ve said this about other family vloggers but I bet there will be a huge number of lawsuits in the future with children suing their parents about this

I’ve said this about other family vloggers but I bet there will be a huge number of lawsuits in the future with children suing their parents about this
There's really no need for it. They're not providing an essential public service as mothers for centuries have coped fine without seeing what influencers do. It's just using their kids for commercial gain and that stinks. You're correct that it will come back to bite them.

Yeah it’s definitely a shame as I used to really like Ruth’s vlogs (not that I actively dislike her now particularly) but can’t agree with the amount of personal info she posts in relation to her children. It’s scary how easy someone could find out their location, routine, etc, how can this not be worrying? And imagine being in your early teens and your potty training videos are on the Internet 😳

Anyway I’ll be quiet on that now, it’s nothing that hasn’t been said before! On a separate note, I’ve previously mentioned that Ruth is another one of those influencers that always moans about how constantly busy they are but I’ve just come off the Zoella thread and god she makes Ruth seem much less lazy 🤣

• Haha
Years ago, I can't remember in which Norwegian online news outlet it was, but there was an article about bloggers and their children when they got older. A lot of teenagers got angry with the mothers and demanded that they removed their pictures off their bloggs, must be a nightmare to have all of your life plastered online for friends and bullies to see.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.