Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was also weirded out by that Disney post. So unfunny and just strange. She tries desperately hard to be funny and it falls flat.

Her kids are going to throughly resent being talked about at length when they come of age. Same for all influencers and mummy bloggers. Imagine your friends at school being able to access details on your potty training through google? It just beggars belief that they think this is alright

Just checked her website and she posted this. Is she trying to appear relatable?

Does anyone know if the Night Feed app is still going?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else feel like Ruth is losing the plot? First of all there was that utterly bizarre post sexualising a Disney character, which is just disturbing on so many levels. And the fact that she’s always bemoaning how exhausted she is when she barely has to scratch herself
for a living and has a nanny to look after her two kids.

It also creeps me out that her children have been shoved into the public eye since their conception yet her husband has never appeared on screen once. How can he allow his children’s privacy to be completely exploited whilst simultaneously be so protective about his own?

I’d love to know the story behind their move to the country because nobody goes to the enormous effort of renovating their entire house, to a very personal spec only to move out very shortly afterwards. And with two very young children into rented accommodation. Always felt there was more to this than was said
do you think it was a finance issue? I have always found it od the husband doesn't appear in her SM yet allows the children to be, if I was as private as him I wouldn't be happy tbh

Reactions: 4
This part:

"But none of this is particularly a bad thing – at least not for me. I have to say (ooh, big reveal) that the last few months have taught me to do something I’ve never managed to do successfully before, and that is to completely detach myself from work for longish periods of time. Consecutive days. A whole week, even. It’s a revelation. You immerse yourself fully into domestic life and suddenly everything slows down – you still fill the day with chores and looking after other people, but you’re just a bit more present when you do it. Rather than frantically going from task to task and seeing the day as some sort of giant, tickable to-do list, you just sort of deal with things as they are presented to you. When I try to do too much at once, every element of the day becomes a challenge – breakfast, getting dressed, answering the doorbell, but when I allow myself to just chill out (which doesn’t come naturally, I’ll admit) everything is suddenly a little bit easier. And a bit more fun."

Good one Ruth. Most mothers definitely can just switch off work for a whole week. No hassle at all. In the real world working mothers are working ever harder to prove their "worth". It wouldn't even be as bad if she acknowledged her privilege but no

Reactions: 12

Yel

Does anyone know if the Night Feed app is still going?
It's had less than 250 downloads on Android otherwise it would say 250+ downloads. Despite all the free promo from influencers that would have cost real companies tens of thousands. I doubt it's made back even the low amount to develop such a basic app.

Screenshot_2020-09-04-18-18-30-533_com.android.vending.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Not surprising it was a total flop, the price was cheeky. Might have been more downloads if it were free but even then it seems redundant

Reactions: 2
I stopped following Ruth ages ago when she had the hissy fit about having to declare her ads and was on about putting things like #press sample or some such bollocks instead. Like she’s a member of the press 🙄

I wasn’t into the family/baby stuff, but her beauty content was boring me by then anyway. It was always the same - ooh look what I’ve been sent, isn’t this nice. But it was the same things that everyone else was showing as it was just the latest lipstick from Chanel, Lancôme, whoever and regurgitated PR wording.

The other side to it was all the events she used to go to. There were so many of them and the photos she would take told the story. That really opened my eyes to how much of an insiders club it is. The same faces were at every event and the ‘goodie bags’ and gifts they would get just for turning up were ridiculous. No wonder there was hell on when they were required to start declaring their brand relationships and advertising, and let’s be frank, a lot of them still aren’t doing it properly - #press treatment for a lifetime of free hair do’s... really??? We see you Ruth, and the rest of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I stopped bothering with her when she merged the baby stuff in with the beauty stuff. I do remember her fuss about having to declare, though 🙄.

Reactions: 10
That’s another thing I can’t stand, when people monetise their kids. I can see it’s been discussed before on this thread so I won’t go into detail on it, other than to say it should be prohibited. It’s my belief that any parent who has their child’s best interests at heart would not put them on social media until they are old enough to give consent and understand the implications.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Influencers in general seem to be inundated with free stuff this week. I don’t get why they think people want to watch them receive all this stuff 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Influencers in general seem to be inundated with free stuff this week. I don’t get why they think people want to watch them receive all this stuff
It’s so infuriating! In the frow did this recently - a vid of her using all the free tit she had just received. She had a big list of all of the affiliate links so lots of lovely little revenue streams off free things she had been sent. In turn brands will see she has mentioned them in videos so are more inclined to send her more - “free” PR! And she even makes a point in the video of saying “I haven’t been sent any Tom Ford in ages.” It grates on me so much that I watch these videos and can fund this lifestyle tbh.

Reactions: 7
Attaching her latest stories on the new rules. She's complaining that they are bonkers and stupid (in big text). Then saying they are just guidelines and she's going to write her own rules and ignore them.

Uses some silly example that she would have to write ad if she shares photos of a tea towel she's been given.

She says how the hell are users going to know when something is paid for or not with these bonkers rules. Because saying ad paid, ad gifted is hard?:rolleyes:

Moaning that every single post would need an ad with such "stupid" rules.

It's so arrogant making up her own rules and passive aggressive comments that people questioning her have an axe to grind. Just shows how much tit they have all been getting away with for so long. They thought it would last forever and have got used to sneaky ways being the norm.
Touchy touchy

Touchy touchy
It’s a valid point. If Ruth is given something for free, the least she can do is mark it as gifted or as an ad. I don’t see what the problem is. Unless of course Ruth is just another entitled grabber who wants her cake and eat it.

Reactions: 6
Her house is insanely gorgeous. I can picture myself wandering around that Neptune kitchen! In my dreams!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.