Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The length and wordiness of her recent posts is exhausting. She’s trying too hard to be Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Reactions: 3
I wish she hadn’t collapsed her childcare blog into her beauty blog. It’s so dull.

Reactions: 2
So yesterday afternoon I clicked on her latest IGTV about working out and I fell asleep! Unfortunately her IGTVs kept auto playing throughout my nap 😂 still haunted

• Haha
Her latest posts about workout innuendos is utter cringe. She tries too hard to be funny but it falls flat

She seems wired to elsewhere these days. Huge change from 5 or so years ago!

I used to be find her really funny, and it’s not like I dislike her particularly now, but she does take ‘keeping it real’ to a whole new level! :oops:

• Haha
I don't read a beauty blog because I want to read some rando's ramblings on having children.

Reactions: 4
I don't read a beauty blog because I want to read some rando's ramblings on having children.
What happened with the whole thing of them being separate? Couldn't be arsed to churn out the beauty content so filled it with parent ramblings or the parenting content didn't take off in the way intended so now we're being force fed it?

I'm not sure, but I assume it was a financial decision. Perhaps when she had her followers split between two accounts, she didn't have the numbers for securing the best sponsorship deals, or something?

She did, but the votes weren’t public. I always assumed she had an outcome in mind. Kind of like when Hirons started to do loads of videos instead of writing blog posts (because there’s more money in videos). She said that the vote was overwhelmingly in favour of video, but her comments (back when people still bothered) were full of people saying please, not flipping YouTube, so I think it was always a foregone conclusion with her as well.

Ruth is advertising a 'press sample' food box from a local hotel in her IG stories today. This seems really crass when she can well afford to pay for the food, and considering the difficulty so many people have had getting hold of food during this quarantine. Shame on the hotel for sending out free food, and shame on RC for accepting it. She is so incredibly privileged. It is in such poor taste for her to accept this press sample. It's on stories so it will disappear, but I am really rethinking following her account.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Oh god, not cool. I really like that company usually (have been to their other hotel) but that’s really tacky.

Reactions: 6
Ruth is advertising a 'press sample' food box from a local hotel in her IG stories today. This seems really crass when she can well afford to pay for the food, and considering the difficulty so many people have had getting hold of food during this quarantine. Shame on the hotel for sending out free food, and shame on RC for accepting it. She is so incredibly privileged. It is in such poor taste for her to accept this press sample. It's on stories so it will disappear, but I am really rethinking following her account.
That's awful, I hope people are calling her out on it! How can she be so utterly tone deaf!?

Just been to her Instagram stories to have a look - why couldn't she have asked the company to gift the food box to someone in need and just agree to show photos of it to get the story out there? Used to like Ruth but with every year that passes she's become more and more smug and less and less likeable.

Last edited:
  • Angry
That's awful, I hope people are calling her out on it! How can she be so utterly tone deaf!?

Just been to her Instagram stories to have a look - why couldn't she have asked the company to gift the food box to someone in need and just agree to show photos of it to get the story out there? Used to like Ruth but with every year that passes she's become more and more smug and less and less likeable.
not just about ruth by ant means, but ithink most influencers have becomd even morr grabby than beforr. i just cannot getwhy brands keep doing this at this point

• Angry

I always think this, it’s not like she needs the food is it... :rolleyes:

Also agree on the smugness! Such a contrast for how she was a few years ago. For me It all comes down to the fact that ads/gifts now have to be disclosed and you notice just how much she gets for free, it’s actually everything and quite hard to take the ‘model recommends’ brand seriously. I used to be such a big fan of hers but now I’m not sure why I even follow her!

Oh and RC is another one who constantly tells us how busy she is all the time... she’s got a nanny and a cleaner ffs :rolleyes:

• Wow
not just about ruth by ant means, but ithink most influencers have becomd even morr grabby than beforr. i just cannot getwhy brands keep doing this at this point
I agree. The hotel is at fault for offering a food box for free in the first place, and RC is at fault for accepting. If the food is really so wonderful and such great quality, why doesn't she put her hand in her pocket and pay for it? That would actually support a local business during this time.

I agree. The hotel is at fault for offering a food box for free in the first place, and RC is at fault for accepting. If the food is really so wonderful and such great quality, why doesn't she put her hand in her pocket and pay for it? That would actually support a local business during this time.
I can't imagine the thought even occurs to these "influencers" that they should decline a freebie, I get the distinct impression that people like RC believe they are entitled to them - quite why I can't fathom. I hope that the pandemic we are living through will refocus people's minds and make them realise what actually matters in life.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.