Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Lancôme mascara arrived today , thanks Ruthie!
Same! What are your thoughts on it? I find that because it’s a small sample size, I can’t quite get close enough to my outer lashes as the handle keeps hitting my face. BUT a free mascara is a free mascara so thanks Ruth!

Reactions: 2
Same! What are your thoughts on it? I find that because it’s a small sample size, I can’t quite get close enough to my outer lashes as the handle keeps hitting my face. BUT a free mascara is a free mascara so thanks Ruth!
What did I miss? How did you get one?

• Haha
I like mine, I had been using lancome hypnose and bad girl bang alternatively and I definitely see a difference. It gives good lift and the lashes are firmly in place with no clumping. I like the applicator, prefer it to a brush. Its a witch to remove though.
@Pixie06 Ruth had an ad for a free mascara on her insta stories and it seems tattlers took advantage :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I like it and I think I’ll buy when I’ve used up my MAC , having said that I love Extended Play and I find myself always buying a replacement when the last one dries up .The wand is nice and it doesn’t clump.

Reactions: 3
I hate the new house, much prefer the elegance of the Georgian house and she’s talking guff about there being loads of land surrounding her new place, here... https://www.amodelrecommends.com/casa-crilly-and-the-double-renovation/
It’s wedged into the back corner of the plot so it looks like there’s a good bit of ground from the road but there really isn’t. That said, the village is much better than the one she moved from which has a MASSIVE Hanson stone & concrete quarry and is a nowhere near as pretty. She’s gone for location over house with this move and we know she loves mid century style over all else, so it’s a win-win for her.

I agree that she just couldn’t settle in the other house, it wasn’t her architectural taste and her plain, practical, functional clean lines mid-century interiors taste (and love of BROWN EVERYWHERE) just didn’t work with the strong, elegant period features of the house. I think the garden was way too big for them both to manage too. They bit off more than they could chew and went back to what they know and love. I wonder what they plan to do with the Georgian house though, whether they keep it, rent it and sell it when the market recovers a bit or what.

Reactions: 8
I think she used to be but she tries way too hard lately

Although reading that post back I was probably a bit harsh- it is funny and certainly a lot funnier than the sex mermaid stuff and her other recent ramblings

Reactions: 5
^ I do know what you mean. I’d rather she posted less frequently than force it regularly.

she has a gift for writing. If she were to write a book, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.
Me too. I remember her mentioning she had a draft/plan to publish but was told what she’d written wouldn’t work for her audience - I think she’d planned a novel rather than Gleam-style non-fiction crap. I do hope she does something though.

Reactions: 4
^ I do know what you mean. I’d rather she posted less frequently than force it regularly.

Me too. I remember her mentioning she had a draft/plan to publish but was told what she’d written wouldn’t work for her audience - I think she’d planned a novel rather than Gleam-style non-fiction crap. I do hope she does something though.
She could publish it under a pseudonym and see how it does?

Reactions: 4

didn't she study english literature at uni? or am I thinking of someone else?

Reactions: 1
She did an MA in creative writing. I could have sworn she mentioned a novel being in the works before

Reactions: 3
She did an MA in creative writing. I could have sworn she mentioned a novel being in the works before
I think I remember her saying something about this? But might just be confusing her MA Dissertation with a novel?

It’s a shame she’s being lumped with the other Gleam people, especially when she actually has a relevant degree and obviously a gift for writing (though I do, to some degree, understand that if she were to publish as a Gleamer, it would have to be relevant to her job/‘image’ than if she were to publish as Ruth Crilly sans Gleam).

I found this!

No wonder I was confused! This will probably not be published, by the looks of it, but would be interesting to see if she ever does. (And as a testament to her great storytelling, I remember once reading an insta caption and choking on some water. I don't remember what story it was (maybe the chicken one?), but remember that I showed it to my parents, and they both actually laughed out loud.)

(Also sorry for being overly rave-y about Ruth, lol, but she is one of the few influencers I can actually stomach. Although she sometimes manages to provoke an eye roll, I do actually really, really like her.)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.