Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she has a separate home account? (This is how out of loop on all things Ruth I am!) Will she keep this one for the new house or starts a new one?
I just had a look at her home IG account. That Georgian pile is a real beauty! She said in her video that she's unsure if she'll share the renovation of the new place. Probably depends on how much free stuff she decides she wants, lol. Probably not much since she has a whole load of #gifted from the Georgian pile.

I do wonder if she'll keep moving and renovating, moving and renovating, and never really settle anywhere. I'm tired just thinking about it. I hate having the builders in!

Reactions: 5
Sure the brochure says there was existing planning permission but there was nothing there before so I still think it ruined the property

This is the video where she shows what was knocked down and the view out the window. Right at the beginning. The view wasn’t great

Reactions: 1
As I’ve said I’m a fan of Ruth but when I heard about the app I was thinking erm have you heard of Mumsnet? Or if you find that’s a bit much then Netmums?
Exactly! Why would anyone pay for an app when there's loads of online forums. Including this one!

Reactions: 2

This is the video where she shows what was knocked down and the view out the window. Right at the beginning. The view wasn’t great
Thanks for sending the video but still from what I can see the kitchen window used to look out onto the garden and now it looks into the extension, which to me is a shame. The floor plan I shared was accurate and has the garden extension she said had been built in the 80s without permission, and that had been permitted to be demolished and replaced. I still dislike the extension as it is not I keeping at all, I mean it would have been lovely to maybe instead erect a Victorian style conservatory in its place

You see this is my confusion the building at this angle makes it look like it was facing the outbuilding because the wall to the original house is the back wall to the extension.

62F876D0-23BD-4BB3-9E9E-04A842C32393.jpeg

I personally wouldn’t mind this view when I was doing the washing up! I love modern architecture paired with older buildings though but I do get why people don’t.
3B66F72D-593A-4D18-8131-B65D2BF69A9F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That house was amazing. Why on earth have they moved
She might say in one of her videos , she does like to chat.

A house that big needs upkeep , in the gardens and a weekly cleaner if they don’t do it themselves, maybe they got fed up of the expense and the bills?

I love looking at property, looking forward to seeing what’s next.

Reactions: 3
I know we’ve moved on a bit but on Caroline’s accounts there’s a document from a few days ago for her and her husbands change of details. It doesn’t seem to say what the change is though but could it mean a change of address ie a house move?
I’m not savvy so don’t know what changes those formal documents cover

I know we’ve moved on a bit but on Caroline’s accounts there’s a document from a few days ago for her and her husbands change of details. It doesn’t seem to say what the change is though but could it mean a change of address ie a house move?
I’m not savvy so don’t know what changes those formal documents cover
CH01 is usually change of address. I would be shocked if she has bought Ruths house; very odd. Fraught with loads of problems if anything is wrong with the house and also surprised she would leave her beloved London. Could be a second home but there are loads more practical places to have second homes....watch this space (as no doubt they all are to check out speculationI suppose.

I'm shocked that she moved yet again! Including the US ones, she's had the most beautiful house among all influencers I think. Has great taste too.

Reactions: 4
I loved the extension and it was much better than what had previously been there, but then I like mixing period properties with a modern twist. They just never really used the new space, did they?

I could see her getting a show on channel 4 like Sarah Beeny.

Reactions: 5
Maybe her husband is not getting as much work being a photographer. I think covid has made people rethink their finances, what you could afford two years ago may have changed and the upkeep of such a large house is very expensive.

Reactions: 1
Maybe her husband is not getting as much work being a photographer. I think covid has made people rethink their finances, what you could afford two years ago may have changed and the upkeep of such a large house is very expensive.
If that was the case I think it would have been really refreshing for Ruth to publically say that. I don't think it is because they haven't sold the old house yet sobthey must be earning enough to pay for two properties.

They must have spent £100,000's renovating that house. It looks like it used to be a open to the public (possibly a hotel?) Perhaps they are going to use it as a business.

I think her husband is the "go to" photographer for a lot of bigger names for PR shots etc. He did the PR for the crown, he's not your run of the mill camera guy. I think they met on a shoot and I think he wasn't single at the time, iirc Ruth mentioned this.
Anyway I don't think money is the issue, its probably down to home comforts and itchy feet. She did complain a lot of some rooms being very cold, changing the babies room because of that and burning money with needing the aga on 24/7.
I'm telling you don't even consider buying something like this, they're a fecking nightmare :m

Reactions: 7
If that was the case I think it would have been really refreshing for Ruth to publically say that. I don't think it is because they haven't sold the old house yet sobthey must be earning enough to pay for two properties.

They must have spent £100,000's renovating that house. It looks like it used to be a open to the public (possibly a hotel?) Perhaps they are going to use it as a business.
I don’t think they spent that much, they didn’t do any structural work apart from the bit on the side. The house was pretty tidy when they purchased so I think they just redecorated. The house isn’t even on the market unless they are selling privately so I don’t think money is a factor in the move.

I can’t wait to see the new house. They definitely have an eye for houses and from the fireplace I think it will be a kitch kind of 70’s home which is dated and they will need to modernise. That is typically their vibe.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think they spent that much, they didn’t do any structural work apart from the bit on the side. The house was pretty tidy when they purchased so I think they just redecorated. The house isn’t even on the market unless they are selling privately so I don’t think money is a factor in the move.

I can’t wait to see the new house. They definitely have an eye for houses and from the fireplace I think it will be a kitch kind of 70’s home which is dated and they will need to modernise. That is typically their vibe.
I think the side extension rebuild cost the best part of £100,000, she didn't give the cost in her video buy basically said it could have been done for half the cost easily. They were slao having that retaining wall redone along side the drive at the same time. Then there was Barry and the costs of putting him in place and all the money she spent on plants (loads of lavender). The chickens she had for about 5 minutes.

She has taste and whilst she gets a lot gifted she also spends a lot on accessories and furnishings. I presume that she probably gets painters in rather than painting a room herself.

Also don't forget all the money they will have spent on Stamp Duty each time they move.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
It's funny how this thread has seen the most activity it has in ages. It goes to show that Ruth's website has become extremely stale and how she is the least offensive of all the influencers

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the side extension rebuild cost the best part of £100,000, she didn't give the cost in her video buy basically said it could have been done for half the cost easily. They were slao having that retaining wall redone along side the drive at the same time. Then there was Barry and the costs of putting him in place and all the money she spent on plants (loads of lavender). The chickens she had for about 5 minutes.

She has taste and whilst she gets a lot gifted she also spends a lot on accessories and furnishings. I presume that she probably gets painters in rather than painting a room herself.

Also don't forget all the money they will have spent on Stamp Duty each time they move.
I remember her getting the carpets, she name dropped the company and said they'd used her home for promotional shots in a brochure or something, so probably gifted. The carpets were exquisite and I'm not a fan of carpet.
I'm pretty sure most of the furniture was acquired the same way. None of these influencers pay for anything and at the very least get huge discounts.
I'd say the extension was super pricey because of the size of glass used but again probably heavily discounted for a plug.
She really loves mid century modern, I think it worked in the last property, quite edgy but I can't imagine buying a mid century modern property and kitting it out in the same style, it'll be like living in a set from Mad Men.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.