Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are actually quite interesting.

She has sold the rights to her name & website to the company so basically can pay herself £1m over 5 years for that. Very high creditors I assumed was tax but not. Maybe her office but I’d have treat that as long term liability over a creditor due in one year, low debtors which means she gets her money. the business grew over the last year up to year end.
She’s minted?

Reactions: 2
Yes she’s a bit off in her own world but she’s had serious money since her mid-20s because of the modelling so she’s never really had a standard life so in some ways can’t help that. I mean not pop star rich but I’m sure she once said she bought a flat with one of her modelling jobs (you probably couldn’t do that now!).

I like that she went back to do an MA and is really into reading etc. There are so few influencers with actual thoughts and personalities! Anyway, enough raving 🤣

Reactions: 5
I can't believe Ruth has moved again. I adore the Georgian house (Georgian houses are my dream homes).

I agree with some of the comments, I think Ruth liked the idea of being lady of the Manor but the reality was different, running costs, it was a listed building so you need permission to change things.

I wonder if she is looking to fill a gap in her life with the constant moving and renovation of houses. It was weird she was pregnant and living all over the place whilst the old house was being renovated and they barely moved back in before they moved.

Bizarre.

Reactions: 8
I can't believe Ruth has moved again. I adore the Georgian house (Georgian houses are my dream homes).

I agree with some of the comments, I think Ruth liked the idea of being lady of the Manor but the reality was different, running costs, it was a listed building so you need permission to change things.

I wonder if she is looking to fill a gap in her life with the constant moving and renovation of houses. It was weird she was pregnant and living all over the place whilst the old house was being renovated and they barely moved back in before they moved.

Bizarre.
I still think there must have been more to her moving out of London than she lets on. It doesn’t stack up that someone would renovate a house to a highly personal spec and then just sell up and move out on a whim.

Reactions: 6
I still think there must have been more to her moving out of London than she lets on. It doesn’t stack up that someone would renovate a house to a highly personal spec and then just sell up and move out on a whim.
I think she said they were offered a silly amount for the house so they couldn’t pass on it.

I think she said they were offered a silly amount for the house so they couldn’t pass on it.
They did make a packet if you look at the historical house prices. All the records of their planning application are freely available publicly online in her married name (wonder if she knows these records are public?). Personally I liked the interior of that house but hate the outside, I think it's one of the ugliest houses I've ever seen - sorry Ruth.

Reactions: 1
They did make a packet if you look at the historical house prices. All the records of their planning application are freely available publicly online in her married name (wonder if she knows these records are public?). Personally I liked the interior of that house but hate the outside, I think it's one of the ugliest houses I've ever seen - sorry Ruth.
I love that house. It was so well done no wonder they made a killing on it. I actually like the exterior, I’d feel like I was living in the jetsons, literally looks like a movie set but not the most child friendly.

Are we talking about the house with the flat seeded roof? If so, I liked it very much. I grew up in a house not dissimilar to the last one that she just left. Beautiful, but cold and damp despite my parents best efforts to improve it. The aga was left on all year round 24 hours and it still wasn't warm and the mice, oh god the mice!
I can totally understand the move, these houses look fab but they're not all they're cracked up to be.
I wonder if this new property will be her forever home, if not, she might have a wee problem 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Are we talking about the house with the flat seeded roof? If so, I liked it very much. I grew up in a house not dissimilar to the last one that she just left. Beautiful, but cold and damp despite my parents best efforts to improve it. The aga was left on all year round 24 hours and it still wasn't warm and the mice, oh god the mice!
I can totally understand the move, these houses look fab but they're not all they're cracked up to be.
I wonder if this new property will be her forever home, if not, she might have a wee problem 🤔
I totally agree, I love old houses - I think they look wonderful and like they belong in the landscape. However, much as I love them I wouldn't want to live in one as I'm too fond of my modcons! 😆 If I won the lottery I'd buy a plot of land and have my own house built to a Georgian style using stone etc so it looked old on the outside but with all the modern stuff like cavity wall insulation, windows that fit properly and decent wiring, plus central heating!!

I agree with a previous post, I think Ruth probably had quite romantic notions of being Lady of the Manor, but the reality turned out to be somewhat different.

Reactions: 5
We used to live in a Victorian house with old Sash windows , in a conservation area where PVC windows weren’t allowed and we couldn’t afford the expense of new wooden sash.

We stayed there for 18 months , our children were all under 5 and I’ve never lived in such a cold house , our heating bills were enormous.

I’m very keen to see Ruth’s new house , I like her style . Just to add I loved her glass extension on the Somerset house but the thought of keeping that glass clean 😂😂😂 , it would have finished me off.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She mentioned this was her 'forever location' but I don't think she said anything about it being her forever home 😄 I wouldn't be surprised if, when she's done renovating this house, she moves again...to the house next door.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She mentioned this was her 'forever location' but I don't think she said anything about it being her forever home 😄 I wouldn't be surprised if, when she's done renovating this house, she moves again...to the house next door.
My mum did this and made fortunes. Clearly working for Ruth if they made £400k on a house (obvs not taking the renovations into consideration)

Reactions: 4
Stranger things happen 😂

Someone posted her accounts: why would she have three companies? Is this because she can take salary from all three, avoiding paying higher tax for high salary from just one company?

Someone posted her accounts: why would she have three companies? Is this because she can take salary from all three, avoiding paying higher tax for high salary from just one company?
She is keeping her model recommends separate from her night feed app I assume. A way of protecting your business if it either goes tits up or gets sued they are separate legal entities. Maybe tax reasons but as a director it’s usually smarter to pay yourself whatever the personal tax free allowance is a year and draw down dividends from profit which then needs to be declared on your tax return.

Builds god awful extension but doesn’t even repaint the front door a nice colour 🙄🙄🙄

I wonder if opinions may be mixed here but personally I think it’s actually very selfish to completely change the property by adding such an extension without even staying there as a forever home. Literally they've moved about a year after it was complete. I’ve included a picture of it in progress to show the view it has ruined from the lovely butler sink at the Georgian sash kitchen window

Attachments

Builds god awful extension but doesn’t even repaint the front door a nice colour 🙄🙄🙄

I wonder if opinions may be mixed here but personally I think it’s actually very selfish to completely change the property by adding such an extension without even staying there as a forever home. Literally they've moved about a year after it was complete. I’ve included a picture of it in progress to show the view it has ruined from the lovely butler sink at the Georgian sash kitchen window
The planning permission came with the house already which they went ahead with. The view from the window when they bought it was actually of a run down ‘illegal’ extension of the house so the view was of a decrepit horrible room so I think they improved it personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m very keen to see Ruth’s new house , I like her style . Just to add I loved her glass extension on the Somerset house but the thought of keeping that glass clean 😂😂😂 , it would have finished me off.
She has started showing snippets on her stories. Well, just the fireplace so far. It looks very...rustic.

So she has a separate home account? (This is how out of loop on all things Ruth I am!) Will she keep this one for the new house or starts a new one?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.