Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder if Ruth‘s latest IGTV is a (not so) subtle hint to try and get the latest version of the Peloton bike...

Reactions: 4
It was piss easy to find her address. I don't think many influencers realise just how easy it is to find out where they (and their children) live. 😔
It was also easy to find her old one. Ans see how much she bought it for and how much she sold it for. You leave should a trail when you post online.

I've said it before on other mum threads.. We know the kids names, we know their dates of births. Probably even the time, their address, what they look like, their parents names, grandparents and aunts and uncles too probably if you looked hard enough, could have a good guess what school they go to. Its pretty scary that all that info is there.

• Wow
From her latest blog post:

"As though I had been transported to the 60s and sauntered down to a Parisian pharmacie to pick up a cold cream and some velcro rollers for my hair but thrown un petit creme pour les yeux for good measure. It’s a total trinket of beauty treasure and the eye cream inside is equally as delicious. Rose pink – so nostalgic! – and really very rich and buttery so that it feels nourishing and comforting straight away. "

Why use French if you're not going to use the right grammar? You have access to google, Ruth!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
From her latest blog post:

"As though I had been transported to the 60s and sauntered down to a Parisian pharmacie to pick up a cold cream and some velcro rollers for my hair but thrown un petit creme pour les yeux for good measure. It’s a total trinket of beauty treasure and the eye cream inside is equally as delicious. Rose pink – so nostalgic! – and really very rich and buttery so that it feels nourishing and comforting straight away. "

Why use French if you're not going to use the right grammar? You have access to google, Ruth!
Pretentious not poetic. 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hate it when people just throw in a few random words in foreign languages, just to show that they know a few words but you know that they couldn't actually write an entire piece in that language... I haven't been keeping with Ruth for a few years now, would sometimes watch a random vid when it pops in suggested. This exempt from her blog is just really bad. Do people here still watch and enjoy her videos?

Reactions: 3
I hate it when people just throw in a few random words in foreign languages, just to show that they know a few words but you know that they couldn't actually write an entire piece in that language... I haven't been keeping with Ruth for a few years now, would sometimes watch a random vid when it pops in suggested. This exempt from her blog is just really bad. Do people here still watch and enjoy her videos?
I haven’t watched her for ages, she just does the same video over and over again. I used to love her vlogs but beauty videos are a yawn fest.

• Haha
She was one of the first youtubers i followed, way back in day pre kids and she just had Dexter and Mr Bear. I really enjoyed her but something changed when the children came along, only natural I guess.
Anyway the constant moving house made her less relatable for me, I really don't think she enjoys making content anymore but continues for the considerable perks it brings.

Reactions: 9
Totally agree with this. I haven't gone near her site in a while, it seems more of a hobby to her anyway even though she sometimes complains about "work"

Reactions: 7
I visited her site for the first time in ages a couple of days ago. It's so boring. I do like that she still writes blog posts (not enough people do in my opinion), but I couldn't give a duck about hearing about her children, sorry.

I haven’t watched her for ages, she just does the same video over and over again. I used to love her vlogs but beauty videos are a yawn fest.
i used to as well, until the rule changes came in and i realised she was basically just a walking billboard for whatever so why should i trust her recommendations? Also her constantly complaining about said rules was even more off putting

Reactions: 10
I’ve unfollowed her a few weeks ago. Every now and then I check her Instagram to see that I have really not missed anything. It’s a shame because I used to really enjoy her, but I feel like her content has really dropped in quality sadly. She’ll make one piece of content or two (say a blogpost and an IGTV video) and then her insta stories for the rest of the month consist of linking those same pieces of content again and again “in case you’ve missed it”. No, I haven’t, thanks. I used to enjoy her writing, but now I feel like there isn’t much substance to it unfortunately. She’s taken what people used to find funny (occasional streams of consciousness in between structured writing) and made this endlessly waffling persona out of it – weird streams of consciousness without structure or substance in the text, for example talking about how sexy she finds Arielle’s Disney dad. Lik, what? That would have been a joke if you had just mentioned it in a text, but it doesn’t warrant a full blog post. It’s a shame really, I kind of miss her old content. But her endlessly complaining about all her work when I don’t really see any of it doesn’t add anything positive to my life, and I’m better off not having people on my feed whose content annoys me.

Reactions: 13
Her husband is a celebrity photographer, (Richard Grassie) and he, quite wisely refuses to be on her channels because I think he knows it would ruin his reputation within his industry . She created this air of mystery around him, but he shot the campaign for her dry shampoo (which isn’t all that) and she put a video of the shoot day on her YouTube and he’s there for everyone to see. She posts ads every single day, she has become a complete sell out.
The dry shampoo is rubbish in my opinion

Reactions: 6
She "signed off" for Christmas earlier this week, someone asked her to share her tree and decorations and she gave them a flat no. Everything seems such an effort for her sometimes I think she's a bit down.

I just think she’s a bit lost with regards to her content now. Originally she was a working model with jobs/trips and interesting beauty stuff. Now she’s a mum but not fully embraced the mummy f/blogger role. Although I was surprised to see her doing an ad for something mundane like cat food (Or was it washing powder?) recently. I did think “how the mighty have fallen.”
She also tries too hard to be funny and quirky. It’s irritating!
At least she is trying with her content- I saw she was doing some chats with other social media types about moving to the country- more so than Lily Pebbles who just whinges.

I just think she’s a bit lost with regards to her content now. Originally she was a working model with jobs/trips and interesting beauty stuff. Now she’s a mum but not fully embraced the mummy f/blogger role. Although I was surprised to see her doing an ad for something mundane like cat food (Or was it washing powder?) recently. I did think “how the mighty have fallen.”
She also tries too hard to be funny and quirky. It’s irritating!
At least she is trying with her content- I saw she was doing some chats with other social media types about moving to the country- more so than Lily Pebbles who just whinges.
I think she earned quite a lot of money from Youtube and her collab with that dry shampoo brand and she doesn't care anymore because she has a great house and life

I think she earned quite a lot of money from Youtube and her collab with that dry shampoo brand and she doesn't care anymore because she has a great house and life
I tried that dry shampoo after i heard it was better than Batiste - it wasn’t at all! In the bin!

Primark stocks the co lab stuff now as far as I know. Nothing wrong with primark of course, but I don't think Ruth has much to do with product now.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think she does- she and a couple of the other founders sold their stake in it a couple of years ago. I haven’t seen her promote it nearly as much since then on her social media (understandably)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.