Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t think so. If someone went on their insta stories tomorrow accusing you/your brother/your partner of rape without even reporting it how would you feel?
Personally, I'd feel more concerned about the fact that someone believed they had been raped. But that's just me.

Reactions: 21

I want to make it very clear that I’m not saying that any of the women on the program tonight have made false allegations the point I want to make is about the trial by social media aspect.

If this woman in the article didn’t go to police and make reports, instead had gone onto social media and publicly accused these men of rape and sexual assault. Going by the logic shown by some on this thread- she should absolutely not be questioned as she is speaking out about these horrible, vile creatures who have raped her. Of course these men are guilty, sure she’s saying they did it, isn’t that enough? And sure Betty down the road says she knows one of the men from work years ago and she said he is a sleeze so that definitely makes him guilty. And if anyone questioned her they’d be labeled as a “not all men” supporter and victim blamer.

Of course serious sexual assaults and rapes happen daily, and of course those need thorough investigation and justice, and of course a lot (majority) of the time they don’t get that. But the other side of it is that people make false allegations, this is why the whole ‘trial by social media’ just doesn’t work. I’m a survivor of sexual abuse, and I never got justice but it doesn’t mean I can go on social media and blast their name and picture everywhere with “rapist” written in big, bold letters as a caption or email their boss and tell them they’re a rapist and hope they’ll lose their job, It just doesn’t work that way.
Wasn’t there a trial recently in the UK because a woman told her new partner she was raped by a man she met online, new boyfriend murdered the alleged rapist and covered him in acid. There was no proof that he committed the crime and that woman’s word got him murdered.
Just because the judicial system has failed people, doesn’t mean it can be completely bypassed and people take matters into their own hands.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
weren’t even taken seriously in a police station
The police are a massive part of the problem. You can’t be claiming to be completely oblivious to that? You seem to think you’ve got lots of knowledge about this subject, but you also think going to the police is a foolproof solution? 😭

It’s only been 2 years since a police officer raped and murdered a woman in London. And his colleagues were then charged after it was revealed that they had “banter” on WhatsApp about raping and beating females themselves.

but yes go to the police, it’ll solve everything. Truly upstanding citizens there to protect females 🥲

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Supply this evidence please. Please note that evidence does not include the account of the victim.
It does if that evidence is similar to other victims accounts. It paints an overall picture of ongoing predatory behaviour and an MO of grooming/manipulating, or even details of the SA themselves.

Reactions: 15
Supply this evidence please. Please note that evidence does not include the account of the victim.
---

Wikawika pedia. Fanks darling.

If the account of a victim is not evidence, then why is a rape case impossible to take to trial without a victim willing to testify?

And it's not Wikipedia it's the Oxford dictionary 🙄

Reactions: 11
---

Wikawika pedia. Fanks darling.
Under section 9 of the criminal justice act (1967), verbal testimony is submissable as evidence in a court of law

Edited to add: happy to provide you with a link to the full copy of the act if you want to look it up yourself. It’s all in legalese though so you might need a grown up to explain it to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It is so interesting that people on here are going on as if it’s one word against another. It is literally MULTIPLE women with many clips of his behaviour in plain sight and witnesses. God forbid any of your friends, sisters, daughters etc ever end up in court with people as sympathetic towards blatant evidence as this.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
He’s a piece of tit.

But IMO he wouldn’t have had a documentary made had he not gone against the mainstream media and establishment.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
I am nothing so my opinion means nothing
It was weaker than I thought the documentary but it’s out there !!!
However it it is here - I have alerted at least 3 more people who would not have known!!
Hopefully David Walliams next
Tattle is good !!!
No Tattle is great !!! X 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It is so interesting that people on here are going on as if it’s one word against another. It is literally MULTIPLE women with many clips of his behaviour in plain sight and witnesses. God forbid any of your friends, sisters, daughters etc ever end up in court with people as sympathetic towards blatant evidence as this.
Unfortunately it’s probably only when something affects this type of person themselves and they’re like “wait, what do you mean this isn’t enough evidence?” that such people actually “get it” (assuming of course they’re not just being trolls, which, well…)

Reactions: 13
He’s a piece of tit.

But IMO he wouldn’t have had a documentary made had he not gone against the mainstream media and establishment.
nah this investigation started before he did that.

Reactions: 13
I remember seeing this video of him and thought he does tread that line often, even in this video.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
He’s a piece of tit.

I think it was the other way around, he started his anti establishment schtick because he knew it would all come out one day, and this (in his mind) gives him a shield.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
People on here complaining about media trials - that’s what extensive libel laws protect! And the UK has very strict libel laws compared to the US, see Katie Hopkins losing, Ian Hislop losing etc

Reactions: 8
nah this investigation started before he did that.
Exactly! And he probably got wind that it was coming so spun this whole conspiracy bullshit and spoke out against MSM. He may be stupid but he’s cunning.
---
People on here complaining about media trials - that’s what extensive libel laws protect! And the UK has very strict libel laws compared to the US, see Katie Hopkins losing, Ian Hislop losing etc
McAlpine v Bercow is a great one too. It shows how even retweeting misinformation can land you in the tit.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.