Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe there is a reason these women couldn’t press charges - yeah I said it.

Yup. The reason is the inadequate handling of these crimes by the systems that are supposed to help victims.

Edit: woops, you seem to have edited out this little comment.

Reactions: 24
He is a rapist predator bleep !!!disgusting !! Lots of em out there!!
If you need a friendly word I’m here for you x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not defending the person, but defending the principle of having your name in tatters overnight on a prime time expose being accused of heinous crimes without anything formal against you. Anyone who supports this needs to have a long hard look in the mirror. I know we all love a bit of entertainment and goss but this path we are going down is wrong. We can’t just say someone is something because we said so.
This is seriously embarrassing

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The people saying let RB be tried in court before forming an opinion are happily judging the victims who also haven't appeared in court 🤔

Reactions: 26
Yup. The reason is the inadequate handling of these crimes by the systems that are supposed to help victims.

Edit: woops, you seem to have edited out this little comment.
Rotten behaviour by them. Defending someone who has admitted to rape in a text and then saying this. Disgusting.

Anyone who says this should "have a long hard look in the mirror". Not the people believing victims of sex crimes.

Reactions: 9
I really don’t think so. If someone went on their insta stories tomorrow accusing you/your brother/your partner of rape without even reporting it how would you feel?
This is abit different as this is a tv show that'll have checked & checked every single thing. Not just a He said/she said with zero evidence

• Heart
Reactions: 17
To make this go away, all Brand has to do is a one to one interview on the BBC claiming he was contemplating suicide and it will disappear in a puff of smoke!!!

I've haven't seen tonight programme (been out with the old dear) has the evidence been handed over to the police???

Whilst it's fine that all of this is now in public domain (it's been talked about for years on here) he really needs locked up!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really don’t think so. If someone went on their insta stories tomorrow accusing you/your brother/your partner of rape without even reporting it how would you feel?
With evidence like there is in this case? I’d feel absolutely bleeping disgusted, and not with the victim

Have a word 🥴

Reactions: 20
This is abit different as this is a tv show that'll have checked & checked every single thing. Not just a He said/she said with zero evidence
Didn't you know a fact checked documentary ran through countless lawyers and fact checkers, is now equivalent to instagram stories?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
He’s in prison for CSA of very small children. Two of the childrens mothers were also convicted because they willingly handed their toddlers over, knowing what he wanted to do to them.
You can find the sentencing remarks online but be warned it is not for the faint hearted as lays out details of the acts. I found it extremely disturbing.

I’ve heard the stories about RG for many years, he’s a vile dirty predator in my opinion, but I’m left feeling that this “outing of him” documentary was quite weak and won’t lead to any form of justice for those who he has abused/raped. This will all be forgotten and swept under the carpet by this time tomorrow 😞
I agree. I've also heard plenty about him over the years, none of it good, and I have no doubt he is an unpleasant individual. I wouldn't trust him in the slightest.

However the documentary was weak overall. I can think of a number of men I know who think RB is 'an alright bloke' and tonight will not have changed that opinion in the slightest. I can with certainty predict they would say about it

-all the women were all adults/ over 16
-Getting contact numbers for guests on shows, well no harm in that
The radio show stuff, just a bit of bants
-The woman he met at AA who said he assaulted her, that was probably just a 'misunderstanding'
And so on...

Clearly he's not been prosecuted nor is going to be. If the intention was he'd be cancelled, I'm not sure that will happen. Perhaps the best we can hope for is he doesn't have the opportunity to do this to anyone else in future.

Reactions: 3
I saw a lot of opportunity to put forward certain narratives and use old footage out of context when he has owned his past and moved on from it. I thought it was totally tit, tbh and a complete she said/she said using outdated footage to back up claims that weren’t even taken seriously in a police station. Class.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s reported in the next few days that he’s checked himself into rehab to deal with his sex addiction or on mental health grounds.

Reactions: 8
With evidence like there is in this case? I’d feel absolutely bleeping disgusted, and not with the victim

Have a word 🥴
Evidence and testimony are not the same thing. Have a word. 🥴🥴🥴
This is where we are going wrong people!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Evidence and testimony are not the same thing. Have a word. 🥴🥴🥴
This is where we are going wrong people!
Just curious, if Jimmy Savile was alive when all his allegations came out and no one had gone to police yet, would you be defending him this hard?

Saying what you are saying in what I just quoted?

Because the evidence against Jimmy was testimony from the abuse victims and it absolutely is evidence, no matter what you say.

Also are verified texts admitting rape not evidence also?

Reactions: 24
The dispatches doc is very light on the detail compared the times’ piece. A bloody harrowing watch, but still.

a lot of the ‘proof’ and ‘details’ are in the article but omitted in the documentary.

I believe every word I just wish the tv reporting came across as as robust as the article. The texts weren’t shown, nor the detail about the 16 year olds mum or taxi driver mentioned.

the information is out there of course. But people are asking for ‘prooooof’ on Twitter already. :(

Reactions: 10
Anyone worried about his career being damaged will be happy to know he played a sold out gig at Wembley arena tonight 😵💫

Bloody cancel culture /s
To be fair, people at tonight’s show wouldn’t have seen the Dispatches programme, and many may not have known any of this was looming. Plus it’s a bit of a ‘sunk cost’ in that the tickets were long since paid for. And many who did know what was alleged might have gone along because they were morbidly curious about how the show would go.

Whether he’d still be selling out Wembley in a years time is a different matter.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.