Russell Brand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Da Troof'. Bloke is a seedy degenerate. I hate to go back and labour the point, but what woman on earth would want to have a child with the bloke? It blows my tiny mind.
She was/is besotted with him and she is is firmly behind him now.

Reactions: 2
She's the cult leader's wife and part of the game. Bernard G must be playing a lot of golf as therapy! Can't imagine what he makes of RB.

Reactions: 3
I
She's the cult leader's wife and part of the game. Bernard G must be playing a lot of golf as therapy! Can't imagine what he makes of RB.
I recall hearing he wasn't happy about her being with him.
---
I
I recall hearing he wasn't happy about her being with him.

Last edited:
Yep, there are some woman who don't care as long as they get the ring on their finger. To them, that means they won and it doesn't matter if he does sleep around because he will always come back to her. You can bet that is the kind of thing he told her...it was consensual but he regretted it and this is them getting back at him. She is either naive enough to believe it or has her head in the sand pretending it isn't happening and hoping it will blow over.

How come there’s a secret “truth” that only gets revealed/discovered by thicko, work-shy, sex offender ne’er do wells 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Yep, there are some woman who don't care as long as they get the ring on their finger. To them, that means they won and it doesn't matter if he does sleep around because he will always come back to her. You can bet that is the kind of thing he told her...it was consensual but he regretted it and this is them getting back at him. She is either naive enough to believe it or has her head in the sand pretending it isn't happening and hoping it will blow over.
Unfortunately she seems really unintelligent, and she’s been under his spell since she was a teenager. If you read her old tweets the grammar is appalling and she sounds dense and naive, but she’s got a sexy yoga bod and obviously lets him get away with anything. I totally feel the urge to hate on her but then I remember I have a loved one in a similar situation, she’s married to someone with a horrific past. I have to try really hard to have empathy instead of getting frustrated and judgey, no matter how catastrophic her choices she’s not the perpetrator and may be a victim in ways that don’t come out til later

Reactions: 6
Sadly, I know from personal experience (including within my immediate family) that some women are so desperate for the validation of a man, especially a domineering, bullying man, that they will "stand by him" no matter how heinous and blatant his crimes are.

Reactions: 7
Maybe she felt overshadowed by her older sister and wanted some sort of validation/ "fame" herself by managing to hang on to RB and actually marry him and have his children no matter how badly he treated her? She was no ordinary teenager as she came from a celebrity family and lived in a luxury pile on the Wentworth Estate. She must have idolised him as did RB's mum who was loyal whatever he did.

Reactions: 4
Unfortunately she seems really unintelligent, and she’s been under his spell since she was a teenager. If you read her old tweets the grammar is appalling and she sounds dense and naive, but she’s got a sexy yoga bod and obviously lets him get away with anything. I totally feel the urge to hate on her but then I remember I have a loved one in a similar situation, she’s married to someone with a horrific past. I have to try really hard to have empathy instead of getting frustrated and judgey, no matter how catastrophic her choices she’s not the perpetrator and may be a victim in ways that don’t come out til later
I suppose he helped her realise her ambitions to be a writer, she used to write blogs (not very good) and after marrying him his publisher published a couple of books she wrote about crafting. So she got something out of him but that's probably all over now I would think.

I seem to remember Russell being on a US interview show around 2010 blaming his previous appearance on the show a few weeks earlier on alcohol.

Really, are you sure? As he’s been clean and sober since 2002 (which I do believe, as we are in overlapping recovery groups)

An addict of his severity would be hard to hide if he relapsed

Reactions: 1
Really, are you sure? As he’s been clean and sober since 2002 (which I do believe, as we are in overlapping recovery groups)

There was a video of him after he was off drugs, clearly buying and partaking in said drugs while denying it all. So I would never just believe he is off anything totally forever.

Was he ever severely addicted?
---
Was he ever severely addicted?

I worked with a guy years ago (and he was a bleeping weirdo), who claimed he was good friends with Russell at sixth form and the addictions were overly dramatised and he was nowhere near as bad as he made out, never even tried heroin. No idea how true it is but he was pretty adamant.

Reactions: 6

He says that his sexual encounters have always been consensual.

He's quite the stranger to the truth.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I worked with a guy years ago (and he was a bleeping weirdo), who claimed he was good friends with Russell at sixth form and the addictions were overly dramatised and he was nowhere near as bad as he made out, never even tried heroin. No idea how true it is but he was pretty adamant.
Yes I thought this was the case.

Reactions: 4
Not to defend RB at all but I think he's always said the heroin addiction was a fair bit later than that (sixth form).

I've never been sure of any of his addiction, even at the start it seemed an excuse for crappy behavior . He seems to be a very peculiar hereon addict / alcholic in my experience.

I've never been sure of any of his addiction, even at the start it seemed an excuse for crappy behavior . He seems to be a very peculiar hereon addict / alcholic in my experience.
Saying you woz an addict is kewl innit. You get street-cred wif da kidz innit (well, you don't really ... not now). Even in his 40s the bloke has the mental age, intellect and self-control of an adolescent. Feel a bit sorry for people who got star-struck by him or taken-in by his schtick and I feel utter disgust towards all the people who turned a blind eye or actually facilliated his behaviour.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.