Running Instagrammers #2 Wannabe Elite Wednesday, (over)Training Thursday, Fracture Clinic Friday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Instagrime for the thread suggestion however I have had to shorten it to fit!

Does anyone want to do a recap? Also do we want a poll making, open to ideas

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Attempted recap of the last thread…

Runfluencers
General annoyance at people who say yes to everything thrown their way. Specifically the Covid testing and great south run situation and the number of runfluencers given London places by flora for basically jack sh*t.

IG Coaches
A lot of discussion that you need to research your coach before you sign up for £70+ a month instagram coaching with people obsessed with times and just use copy and paste plans for all clients.

Kellogs
Continues to overtrain and race at every opportunity despite having a coach who thinks he’s gods gift to running and who should know better. Desperate for a BQ but a long way off. Guilty of flogging all sorts.

The Welsh Runner
Takes Parkrun far too seriously, continually defends his coaching practice by just sharing PBs of his runners and rolls his dice at every opportunity. Also over training constantly. And let’s not re-live that Under Amour AD again :LOL:

Runnerbeans
Constant concealed or very poorly declared ADs. Very woe is me despite having the luxury to be able to reduce her NHS hours and fly everywhere at the drop of a hat. Is back on the desperation of BQ bandwagon again.

Fudgie Runs
Creepy guy who likes to slide into DMs, accept any gift/AD possible and send dick pics to ladies. Got thrown out of running community groups because of his sleazy AF behaviour.

Good IG Accounts to follow
Head to the previous thread, a fair few are mentioned, mostly elites (but some elites are guilty of badly de

I think that’s the main jist… but do add more if you think I’ve missed anything!

For TGCRF or PMG head to their separate threads!

If you want to report someone for their badly declared ADs head to the ASA website!!

@Instagrime love the thread name👏

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Runfluencers
General annoyance at people who say yes to everything thrown their way. Specifically the Covid testing and great south run situation and the number of runfluencers given London places by flora for basically jack sh*t.

IG Coaches
A lot of discussion that you need to research your coach before you sign up for £70+ a month instagram coaching with people obsessed with times and just use copy and paste plans for all clients.

Kellogs
Continues to overtrain and race at every opportunity despite having a coach who thinks he’s gods gift to running. Desperate for a BQ but a long way off. Guilty of flogging all sorts.

The Welsh Runner
Takes Parkrun far too seriously, continually defends his coaching practice by just sharing PBs of his runners and rolls his dice at every opportunity. Also over training constantly.

Runnerbeans
Constant concealed or very poorly declared ADs. Very woe is me despite having the luxury to be able to reduce her hours and fly everywhere at the drop of a hat. Is back on the desperation of BQ bandwagon again.

Fudgie Runs
Creepy guy who likes to slide into DMs, accept any gift/AD possible and send dick pics to ladies. Got thrown out of running community groups because of his sleazy AF behaviour.

Head to the previous thread, a fair few are mentioned!

I think that’s the main jist… but do add more if you think I’ve missed anything!

Amazingly good summary!

Reactions: 4

Runfluencers

IG Coaches

Kellogs
Continues to overtrain and race at every opportunity despite having a coach who thinks he’s gods gift to running and who should know better. Desperate for a BQ but a long way off. Guilty of flogging all sorts.

The Welsh Runner
Takes Parkrun far too seriously, continually defends his coaching practice by just sharing PBs of his runners and rolls his dice at every opportunity. Also over training constantly. And let’s not re-live that Under Amour AD again :LOL:

Runnerbeans
Constant concealed or very poorly declared ADs. Very woe is me despite having the luxury to be able to reduce her NHS hours and fly everywhere at the drop of a hat. Is back on the desperation of BQ bandwagon again.

Fudgie Runs

Head to the previous thread, a fair few are mentioned, mostly elites (but some elites are guilty of badly de

If you want to report someone for their badly declared ADs head to the ASA website!!

*badly declared ADs - not sure why it cut off there!

Reactions: 1

Runfluencers

IG Coaches

Kellogs

The Welsh Runner

Runnerbeans

Fudgie Runs

Summed it up perfectly 😂

Reactions: 3
Haha my first proper thread title *bows*

Runfluencers

IG Coaches

Kellogs

The Welsh Runner

Runnerbeans

Fudgie Runs

Great summary! Thank you & well done

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Here’s one for you all! What is worse;

1. These wanky end of month posts sharing how many miles you’ve run, who really gives a tit?

2. Posts (morningcoffeeclown) letting us all know you’re not racing again for the rest of the year. Again, really who gives a toss?

My first six posts on IG just now after being away for the weekend and this was what I was greeted to! Not to mention one account still doing a race recap from London marathon 🤦🏽‍♀️

Oh also my husband has just asked me to ask if anyone has checked in on cat the runner? After her near death experience in A&E feeling so ill 24hrs before going for a park run meet up with ‘mr park run’ (chris x runs), curious if she run a marathon or anything today on her super miraculous recovery?

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Runfluencers

IG Coaches

Kellogs

The Welsh Runner

Runnerbeans

Fudgie Runs

TGCRF?? Sorry can I ask what this one is? or am I best not knowing lol.

Victoriarunswild is my absolute BEC (is that a phrase that people around here around common with? It means B*tch eating crackers or someone who irritates you no matter what they do 😂) she’s such a hypocrite - her post today is “don’t run when you’re unwell!” Yet she ran a long distance days after having cancerous nodes removed and regularly runs on injuries!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Here’s one for you all! What is worse;

1. These wanky end of month posts sharing how many miles you’ve run, who really gives a tit?

2. Posts (morningcoffeeclown) letting us all know you’re not racing again for the rest of the year. Again, really who gives a toss?

My first six posts on IG just now after being away for the weekend and this was what I was greeted to! Not to mention one account still doing a race recap from London marathon 🤦🏽‍♀️

Oh also my husband has just asked me to ask if anyone has checked in on cat the runner? After her near death experience in A&E feeling so ill 24hrs before going for a park run meet up with ‘mr park run’ (chris x runs), curious if she run a marathon or anything today on her super miraculous recovery?
Monthly miles - just an excuse to post something, coffeeclown - just an excuse to show off his #gifted inov-8 coat
Went from sucking up to Brooks to sucking up to inov-8 where they supply gear for the trails he’d rather run on
Which is worse? Anything with that CoffeeBoy in is worse

Monthly miles - just an excuse to post something, coffeeclown - just an excuse to show off his #gifted inov-8 coat
Went from sucking up to Brooks to sucking up to inov-8 where they supply gear for the trails he’d rather run on
Which is worse? Anything with that CoffeeBoy in is worse

Some of these brands must not do any due diligence at all, Coffeecups followers are all bought and fake.... you only have to scroll through a some of them to know that.

Some of these brands must not do any due diligence at all, Coffeecups followers are all bought and fake.... you only have to scroll through a some of them to know that.
See this a lot! Either fake followers purchased or people who followed for a lousy giveaway. The whole buying followers is embarrassing, see so many and one I follow is that urbanchallenger bloke. He uses awful filters on his photos and have over 10k followers, yet struggles to get engagement on his posts! Saw a free treadmill he got recently and his post had about 40 likes, which is awful for the follower total

• Haha
Reactions: 5
WHY won't these influencers give their bodies rest and recovery time!
Scrolling insta this morning, I see Paul bragging about running 10 events in 2 months, while Kelly is set to run yet another marathon next month.
Madness.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Scrolling insta this morning, I see Paul bragging about running 10 events in 2 months, while Kelly is set to run yet another marathon next month.
Madness.
ANOTHER MARATHON. She’s going to be very disappointed that unicorn won’t happen because she didn’t just pick one A race to focus on this year.

Reactions: 7
ANOTHER MARATHON. She’s going to be very disappointed that unicorn won’t happen because she didn’t just pick one A race to focus on this year.
I'm really not sure what she is trying to achieve. She won't BQ in Valencia so it's just more needless stress on her body. Why not just relax and recover and start the new year rested..... ah, because that's not as exciting for the gram and stroking your ego with all the fawning comments :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
I'm really not sure what she is trying to achieve. She won't BQ in Valencia so it's just more needless stress on her body. Why not just relax and recover and start the new year rested..... ah, because that's not as exciting for the gram and stroking your ego with all the fawning comments :rolleyes:
Valencia is not a good marathon to pick given some of her reasons for struggling with Berlin and London. It’s warm/hot and usually sunny and humid. With a lot of glare from the sun. But more than this, wtaf is she doing to her body that clearly is not coping well with this ridiculous pressure it is being put under. She’s going to cause herself some serious damage and it feels a little scary to be watching her do this, knowing how it will end. Wtaf is she doing and why is her “coach” not telling her no???? (I know we know the answer to the latter question). Makes me so mad.

Reactions: 12
Madness.
Last week it was all about having fun, no sessions, now it's a marathon in 5 weeks time! Another freebie she couldn't turn down despite not training for it?

Reactions: 6
Last week it was all about having fun, no sessions, now it's a marathon in 5 weeks time! Another freebie she couldn't turn down despite not training for it?
Another marathon, abroad, another weekend away from the kids

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.