Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
they are her safe foods, and it;s a thought very difficult to challenge
I understand the concept of safe foods in those wyth EDs, but I really don’t get why she posts the constant photos of them?

Does she not realise how narrow her range of foods is?! I get that EDs can distort perception of portion sizes but she must realise that eating the same meal for dinner practically every day is odd, so why share this to everyone ? unless it’s like a cry for help? or is she just totally in denial

Reactions: 2
I understand the concept of safe foods in those wyth EDs, but I really don’t get why she posts the constant photos of them?

Does she not realise how narrow her range of foods is?! I get that EDs can distort perception of portion sizes but she must realise that eating the same meal for dinner practically every day is odd, so why share this to everyone ? unless it’s like a cry for help? or is she just totally in denial
she's clearly in denial, for her those pictures are "inspiration" for her followers

she's clearly in denial, for her those pictures are "inspiration" for her followers
I think taking a picture of it can become part of the ritual as well. She's utterly obsessed with food, despite eating such small portions of it. Documenting it in this way can also be reassuring that it isn't unealthy or 'too much.' She is really smug and thinks a lot of herself, so it could also be a way of bragging about how perfectly she eats, from her perception.

Lucy Davis is driving me nuts with her latest running advice video. She claims to recommend the “best shoes” but her entire shoe rotation are various Nike racing shoes, half of which are soaked in blood 🤢 she seems to think it’s normal for your toes to be gushing blood in a pair of shoes and you should be pushing through that?? Also, she’s recommending the “best” running clothes but it’s all just random Gymshark kit - the thickest leggings known to mankind, a low impact sports bra, and super thick tops. I would be dying in that outfit 🥵
She is injured atm and think she has a had some niggles in the past too, not to mention the achilles injury after her ultra. Think the shoes are definitely partly to blame. No one else runs all their runs in racing shoes and they’re definitely not meant to be worn that way. I really respect her in other ways and appreciate the fact she’s in contact with a physio etc. However, she needs to stop giving people advice to wear racing shoes all the time though. They’re also definitely not going to make any positive impact on just an average runner which I’m assuming most of her followers and clients are. Think she needs to go get fitted for some other trainers to add to her rotation since she thinks no other shoes work for her (after only trying out about 2-3 different shoes)

Reactions: 7
Nike Alphafly and Vaporfly, basically just anything that’s Nike and carbon plated
Think she also uses the Nike Tempo Next % quite a lot. I agree that she needs to go get professionally fitted for some different trainers, but I’m sure they won’t look “cool” enough for her. I wonder if her physio is evaluating her footwear choice, I would hope so!

Someone mentioned Ben Parkes didn’t finish the Seville marathon last weekend. Was this on his strava as I’ve seen no mention of it on his insta and no yourube vid? I’ll be a bit disappointed if he doesn’t address it as it’s helpful to share the lows along with the highs. Especially considering he did a “one day to go” hype video for it!

Reactions: 3
I see Anya is now sponsored by UA, will she still be as fast without her Nike supershoes?
---
Someone mentioned Ben Parkes didn’t finish the Seville marathon last weekend. Was this on his strava as I’ve seen no mention of it on his insta and no yourube vid? I’ll be a bit disappointed if he doesn’t address it as it’s helpful to share the lows along with the highs. Especially considering he did a “one day to go” hype video for it!
Screenshot_20230223-200608.png

Reactions: 1
She is injured atm and think she has a had some niggles in the past too, not to mention the achilles injury after her ultra. Think the shoes are definitely partly to blame. No one else runs all their runs in racing shoes and they’re definitely not meant to be worn that way. I really respect her in other ways and appreciate the fact she’s in contact with a physio etc. However, she needs to stop giving people advice to wear racing shoes all the time though. They’re also definitely not going to make any positive impact on just an average runner which I’m assuming most of her followers and clients are. Think she needs to go get fitted for some other trainers to add to her rotation since she thinks no other shoes work for her (after only trying out about 2-3 different shoes)
To be fair I used to run only in racing flats at her age- thought I was unbreakable. A nasty calf tear taught me the hard way.

She really shouldn’t be pretending to be an expert run coach- a year or so of running is not exactly a wealth of experience.

Reactions: 1
It's alright. He's doing Wokingham Half this weekend :rolleyes:

On the Inside Jogging podcast this week they had a rip into Bester for his tit show of being a “influencer” and running multiple marathons back to back. Nice to see a big platform calling him out.

Oh what was said?
well a few weeks ago they spoke about the whole Bester/Fox situation. And said how damaging the likes of Bester are with regards to actual good coaches. And then they laughed at him last week for failing yet again to hit his target time.

I used to quite like bester. I found him essentially jogging round however many marathons in 2:40 impressive but the coaching scam is awful and I wonder how long until it really catches up with him
---
I also think the internet coaching bubble will burst soon enough. I think it’s really short lived. Everyone wants to be with the current coolest kid on the block, which won’t be them forever

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.